is there a way to bump an ad in the new classified?

After placing an ad...

1. NO bumps are allowed unless at least 7 days have elapsed since the last post/bump. This means 7 days from the last post, whether the post was a reply from a prospective buyer or the seller. This rule is strictly enforced, and is the reason for most warnings. DON'T DO IT

I added a bump comment to my ad and it didn't move it up to the top of the listings. What am I missing here? Or can you not bump ads with this new system?

You cannot "bump" classified adds since it is no longer in the forum format. When something is sold it's removed, everything else stays in the order it was entered in so newer stuff is always at the top.

Some people will just list and forget their items if they get no hits and people who really want to sell their stuff may have their ads lost in the mix. would having a lifespan for an ad like craigslist help keep relevant items in the mix.

Any way to put a time limit on ads (like 180 days or so) and then automatic deletion? Might help in keeping out the clutter. Just an idea.

That is a great suggestion instead of wasting bandwidth indefinitely. I think that it is pretty dumb that you can't bump ads here. This is the only forum I have ever belonged to that you can't, and ironically the only forum I have ever paid to belong to. I absolutely hate the new classified system as it wastes too much time having to follow links to the actual ad. I'm probably not even going to bother with it anymore if it stays that way.

Some people will just list and forget their items if they get no hits and people who really want to sell their stuff may have their ads lost in the mix. would having a lifespan for an ad like craigslist help keep relevant items in the mix.

They automatically purge after 90 days.

If it's still in there it will still be searchable, and the search function works pretty good.

Oh, so people that are browsing wont see it and it will only be found by people looking specifically for the item your selling?

Got ya. [rofl]

The system is new. Its pretty and has potential, but its far from perfect.

Oh, so people that are browsing wont see it and it will only be found by people looking specifically for the item your selling?

Got ya. [rofl]

The system is new. Its pretty and has potential, but its far from perfect.

You're the biggest ****ing whiner on the forum. If you don't like it don't use it. Try to not complain about it either (like that will happen).

I think people should be allowed to delete and re-enter after a period of time. May be insist that the price be changed?

We can't keep someone from deleting and re-entering an ad. Keep in mind though, if it looks like someone is abusing the classifieds, we'll fix it.

I really like the new classified section....I don't see what the problem is.

It isn't hard at all to navigate seems alot easier for people looking or browsing.

Eddie cleared up my concern in PM land. I did not know my complaint was not in a situation were it could be fixed.

Since the adds are purged in 90 days, I don't think it will clutter up to bad.

Back
Top Bottom