is there a doctor in the house?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Back story...

Last Thursday I find out I have a gallstone the hard way @3AM. Go to the hospital to figure out what the **** is wrong with me. They pump me full of saline and a light painkiller until I can go in for an ultrasound. Get the results, doc goes over what happened, what to do, and sends me on my way.

While I'm @ the hospital, I think I picked up someone's bug. I have no energy for the rest of Thursday, all of Friday, and most of Saturday. Feel better Sunday, even more better on Monday, and then make it to Tuesday feeling like a thousand bucks.

Until the end of the night. Stopped at a restaurant on the way home on the motorcycle to grab a bite to eat (garlic bread with cheese, grilled buffalo chicken wrap). Make it to around 10pm when I have the sudden case of the chills. It gets so bad, that I take a hot shower to feel better. Take my temp and find out im running a fever of 101.4° . Then I crank the heat in my room to 75° to stay warm (sounds weird, but i still felt really cold) and go to sleep. Midnight rolls around, heat shuts off on schedule, and I'm suddenly wide awake and it feels like I broke the fever (start tossing blankets off to cool down, try to find the cool side of the bed).

Then I have a light gallbladder attack. Chest discomfort right below the ribcage, can't roll of my side to sleep as my gut would hut. All the while, my brain is stuck between waking up and some crazy dreams. Like pink elephants crazy. This goes on for about 2 hours. Go downstairs to take my temp again to see that its finally dropping to 100.9°. Crack a window because its still 71° in my room,take half a shot of nyquil and here I am.

What the **** did I do to my body?

Last edited:

Quiet

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know what you did, but if you're having gall bladder issues, didn't they tell you not to eat any fat?

Oh, and you should be calling a doctor, not posting on NES!!!

Taka

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gall stones damage the bile duct on there way out. It isn't uncommon for the bile ducts to get infected after an episode.

"doc goes over what happened, what to do, and sends me on my way."

"Until the end of the night. Stopped at a restaurant on the way home on the motorcycle to grab a bite to eat (garlic bread with cheese, grilled buffalo chicken wrap)."

Either the Doc didn't make it clear what you should and shouldn't eat, or you didn't follow his advice.

I'm not a MD, but this same thing happened to a friend's father just recently. (only he didn't go out and eat a bunch of grease and fat after visiting the hospital for Gall Stones). Assume just about all restaurant food is very high in fat. Even a salad can have a lot in the dressing.

Eat at home, eat simple food!!!

Sparky123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Back story...

Last Thursday I find out I have a gallstone the hard way @3AM. Go to the hospital to figure out what the **** is wrong with me. They pump me full of saline and a light painkiller until I can go in for an ultrasound. Get the results, doc goes over what happened, what to do, and sends me on my way.

While I'm @ the hospital, I think I picked up someone's bug. I have no energy for the rest of Thursday, all of Friday, and most of Saturday. Feel better Sunday, even more better on Monday, and then make it to Tuesday feeling like a thousand bucks.

Until the end of the night. Stopped at a restaurant on the way home on the motorcycle to grab a bite to eat (garlic bread with cheese, grilled buffalo chicken wrap). Make it to around 10pm when I have the sudden case of the chills. It gets so bad, that I take a hot shower to feel better. Take my temp and find out im running a fever of 101.4° . Then I crank the heat in my room to 75° to stay warm (sounds weird, but i still felt really cold) and go to sleep. Midnight rolls around, heat shuts off on schedule, and I'm suddenly wide awake and it feels like I broke the fever (start tossing blankets off to cool down, try to find the cool side of the bed).

Then I have a light gallbladder attack. Chest discomfort right below the ribcage, can't roll of my side to sleep as my gut would hut. All the while, my brain is stuck between waking up and some crazy dreams. Like pink elephants crazy. This goes on for about 2 hours. Go downstairs to take my temp again to see that its finally dropping to 100.9°. Crack a window because its still 71° in my room,take half a shot of nyquil and here I am.

What the **** did I do to my body?
If you are planning on staying on your current fatty diet, I would make an appointment and get that gallbladder out ASAP. I carried a large gallstone for more than ten years and believe me when I tell you, you don't know what pain is until you've eaten fried seafood and donuts. Trust me, it much easier to get the gallbladder taken out than changing your diet. But the truth is, even if you do everything right and eat healthy you can still have gallbladder attacks. I'm still sorry I didn't get my gallbladder taken out right away.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Grid 17S with bugout longterm shelter and great fi
Sounds like two different things happened. Your gallstones acted up and basically you need to have your gall bladder removed. I had mine done about 6 years ago. No big deal, your in and out of surgery in like an hour and a half, your home the following day. Some discomfort for maybe 2-3 days but they give you a big bag of jelly beans to keep any discomfort very manageable, well at least my doctor gave me the scrips for bags of fun jelly beans.
The second thing is you picked up a virus of some sort right before you went into the hospital. You said you went in on Thursday and That night felt like crap. A virus needs 24-48 hours to make you go south, it won't happen in the 8 hour window you explained. More than likely you picked something up on Tuesday or Wednesday and it coincided with your Thursday visit.
You'll live another day to bitch about the GB. Go get it removed, routine surgery of a body part not high on the needed list.
My diet is still pizza, wings and beer, not just every night, gotta have cheeseburgers too.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My father had two sayings. Stay out of the hos[ital, and stay out of bed. More people die there than anywhere else. He outlived three doctors.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Serious? Doubt you picked up a bug, sounds like you went in for your first gallbladder attack. That will make you feel like crap, also the meds etc. Second, agree with everyone about the diet, take it easy. Since you have gallstone, it can usually only get worse. See a surgeon and get that thing out before you discover a whole new level of pain and sickness. Gallbladders can go gangrenous when you keep provoking them. Get a name of a good surgeon and talk to your doctor. If you have the surgery before it gets too bad, you can be home the same day. Wait until you are so sick then you can get to visit an ICU.
*Not a doc, but a CRNA trying to save you a major complication.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Had my gall bladder out 17 years ago, if you don't want to eliminate dairy and eat salads for the rest of your life, consult a competent internal surgeon.
Laproscopic surgery, done in 45 minutes. out the next day; back to work in 2 days.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine removed quite a few years ago. The difference being that it was an emergency operation. I did not end up with 3 small holes but a 5 inch incision and a few days in the hospital. Recommend the elective surgery. Yeah the pain was excruciating. Do it before it gets worse.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Just make sure to warn people when you fart. By virtue of having your GB removed, your flatulence will become more potent. My ex had her gallbladder out and the level of gas that she produced was of the "level 4 biohazard" variety.

-Mike

J.A.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just make sure to warn people when you fart. By virtue of having your GB removed, your flatulence will become more potent. My ex had her gallbladder out and the level of gas that she produced was of the "level 4 biohazard" variety.

-Mike
Must have been capable of creating a life threatening dutch oven

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Mike
You'll also find that for at least a month after the surgery, that when you "gotta go" you've got to get seated right away. Don't wait. Good Luck with your recovery.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

-Mike
I'm already classified as War Crimes on ones nose, so I wonder what's next?

Top Bottom