• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is the survival fade over?

It think is become more normalized. At first there was the curiosity factor that drove the interest. But I think that now its understood by more people, the non-preppers have learned what the serious preppers are all about, and have gotten their laughs at the tin foil hat wearers!

I don't know.

I've been seeing these at Walmart recently. Seems like is going more mainstream than fad.

0007871620100_500X500.jpg

Pardon me while I grab my

[tinfoil]

I think it started getting quiet around here when it got pointed out that the guberment now considers anyone having more than a week's worth of food in the house as an "extremist".

[wink]

I also think that people believe the economy is recovering and that the high Dow average is a sign of boon-times coming, so have started to worry less - so the fad goes away, but the realist keep on preparing

To a lot of people its not prepping, its just what you do. The longer you've been doing it the more likely it is that's the case, and hense the conversation slows down.

Doesn't mean there's any less people prepping, just less people NEW to it.

The "Survival" fad does seem to be fading. Man Verse Wild, Survivorman, Dual Survival, Man, Woman, Wild, Worst Case Senerio, etc does seem to be fading out. The shows have generally covered most reasonable enviornments and senerioes and now see their followings fading.
Preparedness is generally going main-stream with major retailors and whole salers buying into the prepping supply chain (along with the "Zombie" fad) making basic tools and supplies much more available to the general public while the government and community out reach groups are supporting the message of being prepared for short-term disruptions of services and utilities.

I think discussions here may have died down for the momement because those vocal members of our community are more focused on the survival of our basic rights that are under immediate attack than sharing or speading suvival ideas, training, skills, tools and general thoughts regarding the collapse of society. Combine that with a generally improving (abit extremely slowly) economy that is making total collapse looke less imminent, and we're in a local lull.

Let the gun control bills fail, the weather warm up a little and people get back to hiking, camping, training and evaluating new gear and it will likely pick back up.

Back
Top Bottom