• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is the SCAR 17 MultiCam cool?

What version is the best?

• MultiCam is cool, that’s the one.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Just do the the classic black version

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • The horrible mismatched FDE is the way

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
I like that multi cam one it just bothers me they didn't do the stock though.
I ended up with a black one because I didn't have patience to wait for the nrch fde ones to become available but now I have a better excuse to paint it.

Shock, you have a calling in rifle camo services man. That’s fantastic.
Thanks man but when I say I'm a novice I really am.

I started out trying to do defined patterns and kept messing it up and I started going over it and the parts I messed up.actually looked better with other colors over it, @Cars&Guns cheered me on and I went to.town lol

Once it dried I lightly touched it uo.where there was too much of one color and it sll.csme together,

Thanks man but when I say I'm a novice I really am.

I started out trying to do defined patterns and kept messing it up and I started going over it and the parts I messed up.actually looked better with other colors over it, @Cars&Guns cheered me on and I went to.town lol

Once it dried I lightly touched it uo.where there was too much of one color and it sll.csme together,
Yours blend in very well but from an aesthetic stand point I really like @Cars&Guns geometric kinda urban patterns but with natural colors. The bottom one looks very functional too like a mix of two styles.

Yours blend in very well but from an aesthetic stand point I really like @Cars&Guns geometric kinda urban patterns but with natural colors. The bottom one looks very functional too like a mix of two styles.
We used stencils I bought online for those cause I wanted a little pattern and something different then the typical laundry bag on it.

Attachments

• 20220624_161735.jpg
    20220624_161735.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 19
Get the black and roll your own paint job.

Wrong caliber for CQB SBR but to each their own.

Get the black and roll your own paint job.

Wrong caliber for CQB SBR but to each their own.

I guess it all depends on what you are in close quarters with! I’m just making a copy.

No respect if you get a different color only because a bunch of dudes online told you to.
Everybody seemed to hate the MultiCam and that was motivation I needed to buy one, I should have it in hand Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a factory FN 13 inch barrel on the way, a NIghtforce scope, which I may regret because of the weight, and a scarburator so I can tune this over-gassed flame thrower.

Everybody seemed to hate the MultiCam and that was motivation I needed to buy one, I should have it in hand Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a factory FN 13 inch barrel on the way, a NIghtforce scope, which I may regret because of the weight, and a scarburator so I can tune this over-gassed flame thrower.
Good. Screw what everyone thinks about color, it is your gun.

What can?

And I do like the multi cam....

What can?

And I do like the multi cam....

I am told by some people who really understand the SCAR that you have to run a very low flow restriction silencer. I have an OSS 7.62QD that will be perfect since they almost add zero back pressure. I will try my CGS Helios with the vented end cap too.

FN voids the warranty when you add a silencer so I’m going to be careful. It’s also why I’m adding the SCARburator, I figure if I tune it so that it’s just locking back suppressed I won’t break anything.

Which nightforce? I’m running a razor g3 on my 17 and it’s like a match made in heaven. I didn’t care for it at first and the preferred my g2e but after a few range trips I’m completely in love with it now.

Last edited:
Which nightforce? I’m running a razor g3 on my 17 and it’s like a match made in heaven. I didn’t care for it at first and the preferred my g2e but after a few range trips I’m completely in love with it now.
I bought a Nightforce ATACR 1-8, I heard the glass is amazing, I'm excited to get it in my hands. Glad to hear you liked yours, first Nightforce I've bought.

I bought a Nightforce ATACR 1-8, I heard the glass is amazing, I'm excited to get it in my hands. Glad to hear you liked yours, first Nightforce I've bought.
I had to check it out. Looks pretty sweet.

Can someone explain this to me "2x Windage Beauty Ring"

What is a Beauty Ring?

I had to check it out. Looks pretty sweet.

Can someone explain this to me "2x Windage Beauty Ring"

What is a Beauty Ring?

It’s funny you noticed that, so did I and I’m still not sure what exactly it does. I googled it and all I learned is it’s really easy to over-tighten the beauty ring and it can get stuck. What ever it is it’s optional to run and everyone says to use a gum band to unstick it.

Back
Top Bottom