Is the panic slowing down?

*Word x10

I picked a bad time to be in transition between home defense kit. Gave away an SKS and shotgun in another state just before a move up to Mass. Now.. well, what I could have replaced on a single pay check 2 years ago is simply not even possible.

I don't think it's slowing down, honestly. I think the difficult times are just getting started. A lot of lawmaking is pending. A lot of momentum has yet to hit markets and manufacturers.

We *may* be at a lul in the storm.

This is a more likely scenario. At fed level, DiFi bill seems going nowhere. Are they brewing anything else? Here in Mass, they're coming.

Prices skyrocketed. Usually there's a corresponding decline.

We're in it right now.

There was a perceived market supply issue. Demand spiked. Prices went the moon. Now that the supply issues are largely mitigated (no EO or Congressional action.) Demand is ebbing a bit. So prices are starting to dip back to pre-mania prices (but to post BHO-election levels.)

Good time to stock up might be the summer time frame.

I was in a gun store today - not a SINGLE box of 9mm or 223, and 22 seems to be in short supply. Oddly enough, there were cases of 380, and it doesn't seem like that long ago that 380 was nowhere to be found. I could switch to shooting 357 SIG (which they had a few cases of), but that stuff gets expensive.

.380 seemed to be the first ammo to disappear during the first Obamascare. It was hard to find even after all other calibers became readily available. So I personally believe all the hoarders have their cabinets already filled with .380.

Who would have figured in an EOTWAWKI scenario James Bond would have shown us the way?

Someone in the First Garand thread said the CMP had a 2-3 year supply of M1's left before they were finally out. Well, they are now sold out of Springfields. All they got left are HRA's. Either they are trying to catch up or panic buyers have found the CMP and since they can't get their hands on any other battle rifle, the M1 seems like a deal since it is cheap and battle tested.

I posted a couple of weeks ago looking for som 7.62x39 for what I considered a reasonable premium given current conditions; .35/round compared to the .30/round cost at FS, where I usually shop. I figure an extra nickel a round is reasonable, since I was also offering to sell some .40 and 9mm for what I paid for it, and actually sold 700 rounds combined for $210. Then I walked in to FS and saw umc 250 round bulk packs for $100... So when I got "offers" for 7.62 @ $11/box I was amused; some people's greed is unreal. My faith was restored when a fellow member stepped up and sold me 500 rounds from his stash at wm price from a year ago. Not a couple of boxes, but 500 rounds! So there are some decent people out there, and some real whores. But I guess the whores would be out of business without people willing to bend over and take it...

I just want some ak mags for less than $20 again!

i read an article, cant remember where, the article states some ammo manufacturers through orders to LEO are 1-2 years behind because of the demand from the commercial market

I hope the panic starting to slow down. I also have not had an issue by ammo anytime I wanted it sense the recent tragic events. Firearms though have a running a little thin at my local gun shops. Hopefully the knee jerk reactions and emotion start calming down. what's everybody's come down and everything gets back to normal I think we'll see a steady increase in product, ammo, and prices starting to go back down.

It's slowing down, but it will be months or years before inventory levels get back to normal. I spoke to someone familiar with Glock and she said they were two hundred thousand behind demand.

Was talking to a guy the other day that was "proud" of the $2000 he paid for a Bushmaster Carbon 15

Good lord. I went up to Sig Pro Shop about a week before Christmas since I sat on my behind for months to buy one, put in an order for my M400 and was told a 3 week wait and my rifle was ready for the 7th. My buddy works up there so he hooked me up, but even without that you could buy the rifle at right around normal price.

The "retard tinfoiler crew", AKA, the people stupid enough to pay REALLY stupid prices, are starting to run out of money, I think. Prices will probably stay elevated but hopefully that "Tier" of the panic will be done with soon....
- - - Updated - - -

Ammo on the whole had just started to recover in the past year or two. Yes, it was more expenisve than pre Obamascare 1 days, but with the wars and all that shit going on it wasn't too bad all things considered. This latest BS is a big setback in that market.

-Mike

This. We'll have low level shortages and high prices until the supply catches up.

I hear you on that. People that paid nearly $4K for a $900-1,000 rifle were not in their right mind. About a month ago I saw a 50 count box of 9mm for $39.99 at Dick's...what the hell is up with that? Of course...now they are out of stock...who would buy ammo at that price?

Is it slowing down? Sure is. The gun stores and distributors are cleaned out, that is why it has slowed down:

130128-empty-gun-store.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I hear you on that. People that paid nearly $4K for a $900-1,000 rifle were not in their right mind. About a month ago I saw a 50 count box of 9mm for $39.99 at Dick's...what the hell is up with that? Of course...now they are out of stock...who would buy ammo at that price?

People who were out of 9mm and needed some.

Any idea on the prices for the .223 at four seasons? need to grab some soon

I was there yesterday (Tuesday) during lunch and they still had a ton left. It is Federal XM193, 5.56 Nato, 55gr FMJBT. The brown box ones. They are $10 per box of 20, 10 box max. I didn't see any actual .223, but if you're talking 5.56mm it was there.

50 cents per bullet is a little steep for that AE, before the panic I think it was like 38 cents for the same stuff at Four Seasons. But maybe this is the new norm and what the price is going to be. Still the only 5.56 I've found in the last few weeks and really not THAT inflated, so I bought my 10 boxes. Cheaper than on the classifieds or GB.

Commenting on the Sig Pro Shop, I feel like a little fat kid in a candy shop in that place! Was up 2 weeks ago and they seemed to have quite few M400's in stock. I picked one up. Very nice weapon.

I need to start finding some small rifle primers, or my plans on doing any compition this summer is DOA. My prep plan was to buy components over the winter, and that bit me in the ass.

Just left four seasons, they had the 20 rd packs for $10 (limit to 10) or the 100rd American Eagle AR 5.56 for $50 (limit of 3). Plenty of other ammo too, except 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope so. I am waiting on a number of components for reloading. I will stock up as soon as I can and will never be caught this flatfooted again. It sucks not having the components you are used to for reloading, especially when you are a relative noob to it.

I was in a shop yesterday when they got a fairly good size delivery....and they were beiing sold as fast as they could be logged in. It ain't slowin down it seems. On the positive side I am now the proud owner of 686 7" TALO....thing is badass!

I sure hope so. I am waiting on a number of components for reloading. I will stock up as soon as I can and will never be caught this flatfooted again. It sucks not having the components you are used to for reloading, especially when you are a relative noob to it.

This. Lesson learned, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at B&K Sales in Natick today, and they had four 1000 round cases of 7.62x39 for $424 each.
I didn't check if it was brass case or steel, I just noticed them sitting on the floor, if anyone's looking...

Back
Top Bottom