• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is that dreaded Shotgun loading stopping you from trying 3 gun???

Gotcha. I had (thus far) only seen the 4-5 shell caddies where they set parallel to the ground. I assume "that's the way it is". Though I can see where the 2 stacked like this could be more efficient.

I use the 3x3's by AP customs, They make it in a 4x4 as well for guys with bigger hands. Last 3 gun a couple of guys were running these 2x2, some on the belt and some had this vest contraption. They were light years faster than any of us with the parallel to the ground loaders.

Gotcha. I had (thus far) only seen the 4-5 shell caddies where they set parallel to the ground. I assume "that's the way it is". Though I can see where the 2 stacked like this could be more efficient.

It seems to be both faster and easier to learn. I never put a ton of time in to the old style caddies, but I had put some solid practice in and I was faster with my Mark Otto load 2 vest the day I got it. Also, I found it much easier to be consistent. My hands just aren't big enough to grab 4 shells at once without dropping one like 20% of the time.

I shot the NB multi-gun weakhand loading. I just got Taccom quad loaders, still working on my beretta 1301 loading port but after about 20 min practice I can beat my weakhand load 8 time. I'll be using the Taccom quads at the NB shotgun match and Bass river 3 gun.

David E.

I've been using weak hand for about 3-4 years my weak hand load time is 4.29 seconds.
[video=youtube_share;lYugYzAfuTg]http://youtu.be/lYugYzAfuTg[/video]
I finished loading port mods on my Beretta 1301 Saturday morning and did some dry fire practice Saturday and Sunday.
This is from my first live fire practice Monday/yesterday.
My best live fire strong hand quad load 8 is 5.83
[video=youtube_share;IWXO8ymw-_w]http://youtu.be/IWXO8ymw-_w[/video]
So my experience is that for the time invested quad loading is much easier to learn/go fast.
I had plenty of fumbles during this shooting session quad loading and my weak hand load 4 was cold with no practice since the NB 3 gun.
I'm what I call a 50 percent shooter, I finished at about 50 percent of the winners score at the 2013 FNH match. This is just to give you an idea of how bad or good of a shooter I am. So compared to Jesse T. who started this thread, I am half as good as him.
I use the same loaders, TACCOM.
David E.

I've been using weak hand for about 3-4 years my weak hand load time is 4.29 seconds.
[video=youtube_share;lYugYzAfuTg]http://youtu.be/lYugYzAfuTg[/video]
I finished loading port mods on my Beretta 1301 Saturday morning and did some dry fire practice Saturday and Sunday.
This is from my first live fire practice Monday/yesterday.
My best live fire strong hand quad load 8 is 5.83
[video=youtube_share;IWXO8ymw-_w]http://youtu.be/IWXO8ymw-_w[/video]
So my experience is that for the time invested quad loading is much easier to learn/go fast.
I had plenty of fumbles during this shooting session quad loading and my weak hand load 4 was cold with no practice since the NB 3 gun.
I'm what I call a 50 percent shooter, I finished at about 50 percent of the winners score at the 2013 FNH match. This is just to give you an idea of how bad or good of a shooter I am. So compared to Jesse T. who started this thread, I am half as good as him.
I use the same loaders, TACCOM.
David E.

David, you're going to kick Mark's butt now? [grin] I'm getting tired of spending all the cash on shotshell holders. If we had more matches without driving a day to get there, I could justify it, especially if I shot better.[smile]

David, you're going to kick Mark's butt now?
Only if he is on crutches!!!
You have a better chance of beating him than me (I recall you did beat him on a stage!)!!
As you can see from the vid, you must have your tongue sticking out to do any reloading.
Yes, I spent some cash on the new stuff including carriers but my old ones were cheap/homemade jobs.
You should see the outakes from my practice session, when quads go bad they go way bad, best to just throw them down and grab the next set!
I'm sure you will get to see me fumble some reloads at the shotgun match!

David E.

Only if he is on crutches!!!
You have a better chance of beating him than me (I recall you did beat him on a stage!)!!
As you can see from the vid, you must have your tongue sticking out to do any reloading.
Yes, I spent some cash on the new stuff including carriers but my old ones were cheap/homemade jobs.
You should see the outakes from my practice session, when quads go bad they go way bad, best to just throw them down and grab the next set!
I'm sure you will get to see me fumble some reloads at the shotgun match!

David E.

If you guys want a good laugh, watch me load. Can't tell if I have hold of the shell or not so it will be interesting.

If you guys want a good laugh, watch me load. Can't tell if I have hold of the shell or not so it will be interesting.

Gary,
We don't laugh at Chris Fleming nor James Gill. Why would we laugh at you? My fingers don't bend so good when it's cold, age is creeping up on all of us. [thumbsup]

Gary/Dan,
There is always "open"! You can get some of those spring loaded tub thingies and shoot the shells into the gun! Or maybe even knock down some targets just using the spingy things!
There is a good chance I'll be dropping more shells than you gary, I had about 2 good runs out of 20 when practicing the quad loading!

The only thing I will laugh at is if you takeadvice from Mark on how to shoot a stage.

Back
Top Bottom