• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is sudbury still RED/

I have a new co worker that I went out o lunch with today and discovered...."she is one of us"[smile]
A lovely Chinese woman that lives in Sudbury and has taken her Safety class (MFS) and now wants
to get her permit.
Any Sudbury people here that can give me a heads up to the Chief? I see on their app , that they want a
detailed explanation as to why they want an unrestricted permit.

what a crock of shit

god I am hating this state more and more by the week [sad2]

I have a new co worker that I went out o lunch with today and discovered...."she is one of us"[smile]
A lovely Chinese woman that lives in Sudbury and has taken her Safety class (MFS) and now wants
to get her permit.
Any Sudbury people here that can give me a heads up to the Chief? I see on their app , that they want a
detailed explanation as to why they want an unrestricted permit.

what a crock of shit

god I am hating this state more and more by the week [sad2]
A lot of towns ask why you want one. Natick asked and is a very green town. Only need to write a couple of lines. I've heard Braintree asks for a whole letter and then will reject you. And then you need to appeal the rejection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Chief Nix is a good guy. Most of the people I know have ended up with restricted for 12 months then had them lifted. That's a holdover from previous administration and pressure from BOS.

Good luck to her.

From Lincoln. Sgt Landolf was really cool during finngerprinting. Not sure why there's a discrepancy between Lincoln and Sudbury licensing.

I just received my renewal in Sudbury and have an unrestricted license. I moved here last year but I probably benefited some from already having an unrestricted license issued by Framingham the first time I applied several years ago.

For what it's worth, my renewal was easy and the Sudbury PD were very nice.

As mentioned above, I only wrote a couple sentences on the application regarding why I wanted the license.

A lot of towns ask why you want one. Natick asked and is a very green town. Only need to write a couple of lines. I've heard Braintree asks for a whole letter and then will reject you. And then you need to appeal the rejection.

Let's not share bad information about towns to people who may be searching and coming across this post....

I've heard Braintree asks for a whole letter and then will reject you. And then you need to appeal the rejection.

First off if denied, you'd never win in court so appealing just doesn't happen.

Second as a long time member of BR&P, I'm sure that I'd be hearing lots from our legislative chairman if BPD was indeed rejecting applicants. Never heard any such thing. Unsure about speed of processing, application process additional requirements or restrictions however.

Strange.. I know a couple of people that were denied. And didn't "appeal" but resubmitted the application and were granted their LTC.

Strange.. I know a couple of people that were denied. And didn't "appeal" but resubmitted the application and were granted their LTC.

Isn't that nice!! So, from now on these lucky people will have to write down on every application for a gun permit, in MA and out of MA, that they were denied. Then try to explain why and what the hell happened. Soooo stupid!

Isn't that nice!! So, from now on these lucky people will have to write down on every application for a gun permit, in MA and out of MA, that they were denied. Then try to explain why and what the hell happened. Soooo stupid!
I don't think so. Their LTC-A looks just like anyone else's..

Does the original application matter? I was originally denied for my NH non resident. And just resubmitted. It's history as far as I'm concerned.
I'd only be renewing the current valid permit. Not an old application.

First off if denied, you'd never win in court so appealing just doesn't happen.

Second as a long time member of BR&P, I'm sure that I'd be hearing lots from our legislative chairman if BPD was indeed rejecting applicants. Never heard any such thing. Unsure about speed of processing, application process additional requirements or restrictions however.

Let's be real hear. Braintree PD effectively denies dozens of people who are intimidated by their draconian licensing requirements.
  • Gun club membership required for a 'Target' license
  • Five (5! WTF) letters of recommendation
  • SSN is REQUIRED!

What they're telling people is to not even bother applying unless you're ready to insist upon exercising your rights. Braintree is one of he WORST PDs in the Commonwealth for licensing.

Does the original application matter? I was originally denied for my NH non resident. And just resubmitted. It's history as far as I'm concerned.
I'd only be renewing the current valid permit. Not an old application.

Yes, on any application that asks if you've ever been denied, you'd have to answer YES. WHY? BECAUSE YOU WERE DENIED! You don't renew applications, you renew permits, and you were denied the permit the first time. Doesn't matter one bit if you eventually got the permit, you were initially denied.

It's really quite simple. Whatever Logic gymnastics you used to come up with your idea....I'd make sure you don't apply it to anything else. Ever.

Really though, is there a reason this is so difficult to understand?

Back
Top Bottom