Is S&W going 10mm?

That could be because the G20 is too big to concealed carry and the G29 is too awkward for the caliber with its subcompact grip.

However, I do have to amend what I said before about the middle ground that the M&P 10mm compact is going to be in, size-wise. While it has a 4” barrel, which is nice, it’s apparently keeping the same full size grip that the 4.6” version has. So it’s grip is the same size as a G20’s. I was hoping the 4” model would have the shorter grip of the 40s&w compact. Which would have been 13+1 of 10mm rather than 15+1 and would be a full .5”-.6” shorter.
If Glerk was smart they would make an SS-like 10mm / .45 ACP thats about the size of a G19. Even if it only held 10 rounds tops nobody would care. It would fill the
void.

the bren was way ahead of it's time...people didn't think that far ahead, except cooper. i worked in a shop decades ago that got one in on a trade. while i declined the offer to buy i was lucky enough to take it to the range for an afternoon. in those days there was only one commercial loading for the 10 and it was full of fire and brimstone, not the anemic shit that came along years later. the bren ten was a good pistol. the world was programmed to only handle one blast furnace of the day...44 mag, and it was pricey. gun as well as ammo. was money that killed the beast!

Always wondered why Glock didn’t come out with a mid size version of a 10mm like they do with the G19 and G23. The 4 inch S&W 10mm seems like a 45 compact size that fills that mid size niche.

Always wondered why Glock didn’t come out with a mid size version of a 10mm like they do with the G19 and G23. The 4 inch S&W 10mm seems like a 45 compact size that fills that mid size niche.
They probably would if there was demand for it. Now that SW has done it and if it shows to be profitable I can only imagine Glock following suit.

The 10mm round isnt exactly well known or popular.

Vltor. Didn’t end up going anywhere. Also some recent talk of CZ making the 75 platform in 10mm. That I would buy. But that’s the $2K market. Not a lot of volume there and lots of offerings if you are willing to do your homework. Then you have the Tanfos, all the 1911s and Sig. So there’s plenty to choose from. But no one is interested in carry polymers in 10mm unless the design were to be groundbreaking somehow. but like someone said above, I am all for expanding the offerings as it legitimizes the market for the caliber.
Now if HK came out with something like the USP or HK45 in 10mm yea, I'd be all over that.

I have had a Glock20 for about 20 years. i stopped carrying it because of my back. Since I stopped working on cars for a living. I plan on going back to it. But, need a OWB holster. Looking at designs to make it. Kydex is pretty forgiving.

If you plan on firing full power loadings. Not sure if I like the thought M&P. I guess I won't know till I put hands on one.

It's listed on there website now...

It's off of the M&P Line... They don't have a MA Compliant one though...

S&W M&P 10

And they have a Model 610 Revolver that is MA Compliant

Model 610

Now that S&W is moving out of Mass, I wonder if they will be as diligent as they were previously in getting guns compliant. Hope so.

Now that S&W is moving out of Mass, I wonder if they will be as diligent as they were previously in getting guns compliant. Hope so.

Lol, doesn’t matter much, since most of those skus are trash anyways. I’m sure they will continue to certify guns for the LCD/box store crowd though. Their competition is doing it pretty heavily. (eg, springfield, ruger, sig, etc)

TSUSA has had 10mm in stock consistently for over a month now.
.74cpr is still up there, but it’s easier to find than .357, and cheaper to boot.

My silly arse is trying to find .327 Federal Magnum, now that’s a caliber you need good luck finding at this point.
Midway has 327 Fed Mag in stock, it’s a bit pricey but it’s never cheap anyway.

yes I’m a collector of the 3rd gen guns. fine pistols that S&W can no longer build no matter how hard they try. a new S&W polymer 10mm is a yawnfest that glock has been doing for decades now. But hey if it helps promote the 10x25mm cartridge then it’s a win.
CS9 was too small to shoot well so got a 3913, back during the “boycott” and think I paid something silly like $275.

Every time I think about replacing it, I come to my senses. Should get a trigger job one of these days.
i-Sjs67L7.jpg

Last edited:
Don't give a rats ass about this.

The 10 is interesting. Been looking at Glork 20 (too fat) Dan Wesson (pricy) or Rock Island. This would be a possiblilty.

Don't give a rats ass about this.

The 10 is interesting. Been looking at Glork 20 (too fat) Dan Wesson (pricy) or Rock Island. This would be a possiblilty.
I have a RIA 1911 in 10, I had some issues with it initially but their customer service is very good and they made it right quickly. Since then it's been 100%. Don't forget the Sig 220-10, it's a tank but a really nice peice.

And if your looking at 1911s in 10mm don’t forget the Ruger SR1911 Target in 10mm. It’s even on the stupid list. Plus they offer the GP100 Match Champion in 10mm (also on the list).

Too bad you're in MA or I'd sell you my G20 SF. I prefer my G29SF for the woods.
No offense...but Glocks are cheap.......I'll buy a brand new G20 Gen4 if I really want to.

I've just been trying to decide if I want a 1911 platform (RIA, RUGER, or DW) or Glock, now M&P, so ill probably wait to see it and feel it first.

No offense...but Glocks are cheap.......I'll buy a brand new G20 Gen4 if I really want to.

I've just been trying to decide if I want a 1911 platform (RIA, RUGER, or DW) or Glock, now M&P, so ill probably wait to see it and feel it first.
None taken. Mine comes with a crap ton of accessories (slides, barrels, trigger enhancements, etc.). But you are in MA anyway. I have a bunch of 10s and there is no single platform I like best, though I am a little partial to the larger, heavier full metal guns. I've also had many others that I have since sold. Great platform.

Well looks like all M&Ps are getting the Shield Plus trigger and the M&P 2.0 10mm's sights, optics cut, and serrations.
13564-mp-OnWhite-Left.png

Smith & Wesson Releases Upgraded M&P9 M2.0

https://www.smith-wesson.com/subcategory/mp-m20

New Feature-Rich Enhancements on the Reliable and Proven platform

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (November 23, 2021) – Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today launched the latest expansion in its M&P M2.0 line of handguns, introducing the newly enhanced M&P9 M2.0 Compact and the full-sized M&P M2.0.

Listening to feedback from consumers, our newest models come standard with a new trigger, optics ready cut slide, and a price point that maximizes the value and savings to our customers. By utilizing our C.O.R.E.™ system of mounting plates, the end-user can mount a variety of popular optics. Also included in this upgrade is our new M2.0 flat face trigger. This new design optimizes trigger finger positioning and delivers consistency for more accurate shot placement.

John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior Product Manager, said, “The diversity of the C.O.R.E. system for mounting electronic sights, the consistency of the new flat face trigger, and all of the high quality existing features of the M2.0 family combine into a unique shooting experience and a variety of aftermarket consumer choices for use at the range or for personal carry.”

These new handguns are purpose-built with the end consumer in mind. They include M2.0 features and are available with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety. The M&P9 M2.0 comes with the familiar 18-degree grip angle, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts, and enhanced grip texture to help manage recoil.

The MSRP on the M&P9 M2.0 pistol is $654.00 to $665.00.

To learn more about the Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 pistol series, including spec sheets and images,

Glock 20s are a nice size for non concealed carry, really are nice to use as well - surprisingly reasonable recoil, at least the gen4 is. I think at some point going to spring for a 2nd, one of those guns I like enough to own a pair.

The Sig 220 version, for me it's a total wtf due to capacity - 8, extended to nothing.. Basically I see it as purely a hunting or target gun, which sure that is probably the market targeted I just can't get my head around something that big and heavy that holds 8 of an auto round. But if it was say a double stack 229/228 variant that held 12 or 14 extended in 10mm, I doubt I'd own a Glock 20..

For civilian urban carrying? Compared to say .45, not to start a caliber war, but you gotta really want your assailant and whoever is standing behind them good and dead to be carrying 10mm. A Glock 29 would still be cool and hey maybe 10mm is better for carrying power through say sheet metal or glass than the lower velocity conventional stuff - for those truly chaotic and lawless times.

Well looks like all M&Ps are getting the Shield Plus trigger and the M&P 2.0 10mm's sights, optics cut, and serrations.
13564-mp-OnWhite-Left.png
Good, now if they would just add in a threaded barrel I’d be happy to have a optic and suppressor ready gun without the other bullshit.

Currently they have the “spec kit” I think it’s called but it’s $900 and has a worthless knife and challenge coin no one cares about.

Back
Top Bottom