Is S&W going 10mm?

Probably an M&P pistol in 10mm
whatever. Late to party.
glock has been doing the correct # of mm for decades already

smith had a 10mm out over 30 years ago...the 1006

yes I’m a collector of the 3rd gen guns. fine pistols that S&W can no longer build no matter how hard they try. a new S&W polymer 10mm is a yawnfest that glock has been doing for decades now. But hey if it helps promote the 10x25mm cartridge then it’s a win.

M&P 10mm is gonna be the release, I know a couple people that work on the assembly line and someone that does drafting and design work for them, they've already been building them for a while now.

Last edited:
not a fan of the full size m&p. but...i like the compact variant a lot. it'd be cool if they...well, just wishful thinking. you all know what i'm thinking.

not a fan of the full size m&p. but...i like the compact variant a lot. it'd be cool if they...well, just wishful thinking. you all know what i'm thinking.
What you’re thinking would be great. The Glock 20 is pretty big. The Glock 29 has a decent barrel length(slightly longer would be better), but the grip is too short. An 10mm M&P compact would be a great hiking companion.

Why did they charge the signature slide serrations? Looks like cost cutting being sold as a new feature.

They are great to hold onto though, the M&P 2.0 grips are about as good as it gets on a factory tupperware pistol.
I’m glad you like them, they’re just awful looking to me. Too many edges, ridges and lines of cheap looking plastic.

So, not being a McSmartypants, but besides those that just want a new range toy, who would be the target audience for it?

I can't shake the memories of the FBI's mistake with the 10mm, and the 9mm has really come into it's own these days, as far as service weapons go. And, I can't imagine any self respecting hog hunter hunting with an M&P.

So, not being a McSmartypants, but besides those that just want a new range toy, who would be the target audience for it?

I can't shake the memories of the FBI's mistake with the 10mm, and the 9mm has really come into it's own these days, as far as service weapons go. And, I can't imagine any self respecting hog hunter hunting with an M&P.

The 10mm was originally sold to me as the round that could "shoot a bear through another bear" and had the capacity of my limited gun. I hear these horror stories of people talking about the abusive recoil... IDK, I have a glock 20, Springfield XDM, and two future M&Ps, the Recoil is fine and the steel falls down.

Back
Top Bottom