Is S&W going 10mm?

Does it matter that it's ugly? Not really, but does it hurt to have some pride in your work? A Toyota and a Lotus will both get you to work, but only one of them makes you want to spend your money on it

"Any color [...] so long as it's black" is fine, but especially with molded plastic - provided you keep a couple basic rules in mind, it can be just about any shape you want. If users are getting "melts," stippling, and undercuts on your product the moment they buy it, maybe we can improve on "perfection."

It's all subjective stuff. If I thought my glocks needed stippling I'd probably either buy the glock frames that are ultra abrasive out of the box or just buy another gun that has a grip I like.

I don't like to mod my guns much anymore. I did 10+ years ago, but I'm pretty sick of that shit now. Went back to keep it as simple and basic as possible. The only recent gun mod I did was an RMR cut on my Glock 34... that I never use. Also my AUG's trigger. But everyone buying a AUG or Tavor knows that the trigger is a trainwreck, so it comes with the territory. That said I could of dealt with it.

I want an MPX in 10mm dammit. Or really just anything fun and stupid in 10mm. Tupperware doesn’t fill the void I have.
Sold this a few months ago. Great shooter.
i-CDbhLbt-L.jpg

That would be super cool, but only if they released it with an 8-10" barrel.

Nah, you want that extra velocity. 10MM out of a 16” barrel is really going to extend the range of that pistol cartridge, especially if you find the right loads. You’re getting close to rifle velocities. I’d take any PCC (other than a hi-point) in 10MM if I could find one. The Aero survivals look nice.
Also, a fun chrono video with 10MM and an TNW Aero

View: https://youtu.be/p9rQXau7wYQ

Nah, you want that extra velocity. 10MM out of a 16” barrel is really going to extend the range of that pistol cartridge, especially if you find the right loads. You’re getting close to rifle velocities. I’d take any PCC (other than a hi-point) in 10MM if I could find one. The Aero survivals look nice.
Also, a fun chrono video with 10MM and an TNW Aero

View: https://youtu.be/p9rQXau7wYQ

8" - 1533 fps; 16" - 1643 fps

So 110 fps and 7% improvement in exchange for 8" OAL. Is it enough of a difference to make a difference? (ETA - since K=0.5*mv^2 we're looking at about 14% energy improvement. That's pretty big, but way less than the change from a 4-5" pistol barrel to the 8-10" SBR)

1637783300159.png

Last edited:

8" - 1533 fps; 16" - 1643 fps

So 110 fps and 7% improvement in exchange for 8" OAL. Is it enough of a difference to make a difference?

View attachment 545481

Not to say that chart isn’t accurate, however, the video linked shows the 180gr buffalo bore at 1700fps out of 16”, which is 150fps more than that chart shows. I’m not planning on clearing rooms with a 10MM PCC, more of an extension to a pistol round to make 100-150 yard shots, so an additional 8” OAL isn’t a big deal. IMHO.

Room clearing? A CMMG banshee in .308 should be small enough and poke appropriately sized holes, as well as blind and concuss everyone else in the room. 😍
They also have a cute 10MM banshee that I could be persuaded to make an exception for.
A214E5A3-6364-45E6-83EB-CB39BB02496F.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d want a sig P220 10mm over whatever S&W is going to put out. I still just avoid S&W semi auto hand guns. I still shake in a corner from time to time because of that horror fest sigma series they crapped out back in the day. M&P fanboys can flame away. I don’t care.

I’d want a sig P220 10mm over whatever S&W is going to put out. I still just avoid S&W semi auto hand guns. I still shake in a corner from time to time because of that horror fest sigma series they crapped out back in the day. M&P fanboys can flame away. I don’t care.
So, whenever we are in the gun store looking over sn M&P, we should always ask, is it better than a Sigma?

I'm throwing my 2 cents in here because I'm bored, it's raining out, it's to early to drink and I've got nothing better to do......
I will buy the new Smith 10mm the second I can get my hands on one......I may not keep it for very long but I am absolutely willing to try it. I try just about everything I can related to guns and I have been pleasantly surprised from time to time.
Also for what it's worth I would love it if Ruger made that PCC rifle in 10mm. I think or maybe I hope that it would be an awesome little power house.
Anyway........that's my 2 cents worth. LOL

P.S. I have owned and still have many of the most popular and best 10mm pistols available so......I'm not new to the cartridge.

I got to handle one last week, it feels very nice in the hand.
Price was displayed at $625 but it wasn’t for sale since it was the only one they had.

I was going to grab either a G20 or G40 but now I’ll eventually get one of these instead. I’m not in any hurry and make sure they don’t have any issues first.

I got to handle one last week, it feels very nice in the hand.
Price was displayed at $625 but it wasn’t for sale since it was the only one they had.

I was going to grab either a G20 or G40 but now I’ll eventually get one of these instead. I’m not in any hurry and make sure they don’t have any issues first.

I find that so stupid of the Gun Shop...

Aren't they suppose to be selling guns???

Why keep a gun because it's the "only one they have"...

That is just so stupid!!!

I find that so stupid of the Gun Shop...

Aren't they suppose to be selling guns???

Why keep a gun because it's the "only one they have"...

That is just so stupid!!!

It’s about the hype. For such a small amount of money they will make selling the gun it’s probably better to build the hype about it and let everyone check it out. That way they get multiple sales once they get more in.

It’s about the hype. For such a small amount of money they will make selling the gun it’s probably better to build the hype about it and let everyone check it out. That way they get multiple sales once they get more in.
I once bought a car that the dealer wanted to keep in his showroom for awhile as a showpiece (it was a special order Ford with a Lincoln interior, a really nice car for one of the old ocean liners). He gave me a discount to leave it there for a couple of weeks.

I once bought a car that the dealer wanted to keep in his showroom for awhile as a showpiece (it was a special order Ford with a Lincoln interior, a really nice car for one of the old ocean liners). He gave me a discount to leave it there for a couple of weeks.
That's the answer.

"Hey hoss, how about this: I'll buy this one from you right now, cash, and leave it here for you to show off until you get more in. What can we do?"

That's the answer.

"Hey hoss, how about this: I'll buy this one from you right now, cash, and leave it here for you to show off until you get more in. What can we do?"

I’ve seen some real idiots handling guns at gun stores. Seen more then one get dropped. Unless I got a good discount I wouldn't want to have my new gun messed with that much.

I’ve seen some real idiots handling guns at gun stores. Seen more then one get dropped. Unless I got a good discount I wouldn't want to have my new gun messed with that much.

It's a polymer framed handgun if a few people handling the gun could f*** it up I wouldn't want it anyways. [laugh] I get where you're coming from
though. If it was a revolver or a 1911 I'd probably feel differently, the less jackoffs swinging cranes closed, slamming slides and stuff, the better off you usually are.

I'm throwing my 2 cents in here because I'm bored, it's raining out, it's to early to drink and I've got nothing better to do......
I will buy the new Smith 10mm the second I can get my hands on one......I may not keep it for very long but I am absolutely willing to try it. I try just about everything I can related to guns and I have been pleasantly surprised from time to time.
Also for what it's worth I would love it if Ruger made that PCC rifle in 10mm. I think or maybe I hope that it would be an awesome little power house.
Anyway........that's my 2 cents worth. LOL

P.S. I have owned and still have many of the most popular and best 10mm pistols available so......I'm not new to the cartridge.
I love this idea of Ruger making a PCC 10mm to go with a Glock 20 or a SW 10mm.

I was settling on the thought of me buying a PCC 40 SW to go with my G22. Can't even find a PCC 40 SW right now. I'll admit I haven't looked hard, but everything I see is 9mm and for the rifle part of the equation that's very gay if your talking having to use it in the woods killing a deer or worse something bigger.

I love this idea of Ruger making a PCC 10mm to go with a Glock 20 or a SW 10mm.

I was settling on the thought of me buying a PCC 40 SW to go with my G22. Can't even find a PCC 40 SW right now. I'll admit I haven't looked hard, but everything I see is 9mm and for the rifle part of the equation that's very gay if your talking having to use it in the woods killing a deer or worse something bigger.
This takes Glock mags:

Also available from Grab-A-Gun:

Any range reports on the M&P10mm yet?
I’ve been following this a little bit of a few people who’ve got their hands on them pretty early.
M&P 10MM

It seems the guns have been great with factory ammo but have a few hiccups with some hot loaded ammo.

The trigger felt much better to me than the old hinged trigger and most people seem to agree. People are already messing around with the large frame Apex 45 triggers.
One of the owners from Apex chimed in and it’s been confirmed that the old apex trigger does work, however, the owner of Apex said it has not gone through official testing yet to confirm fit and safety aspects.

I’ve been following this a little bit of a few people who’ve got their hands on them pretty early.
M&P 10MM

It seems the guns have been great with factory ammo but have a few hiccups with some hot loaded ammo.

The trigger felt much better to me than the old hinged trigger and most people seem to agree. People are already messing around with the large frame Apex 45 triggers.
One of the owners from Apex chimed in and it’s been confirmed that the old apex trigger does work, however, the owner of Apex said it has not gone through official testing yet to confirm fit and safety aspects.
Interesting, I wonder what I’m getting myself into… I’m typically a lazy handgun owner that stocks boringly reliable 9mm pistols and ammo. I don’t have much patience with stuff that’s fussy, so I wonder how long the 10mm M&P will last in my safe.

I pick mine up tomorrow and will get to the range as soon as I find enough ammo to feed it.

Back
Top Bottom