• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is osama bin laden dead?

I don't think it matters, although he can't be a martyr if he's alive. It's not in our interest for the news to get out if he is dead.

Gary

It would be interesting if he was dead. I heard a story about a bunch of the Al Qaeda head honchos being in a cemetery a few weeks back. They were spotted but we couldn't attack them while they were all in one spot because of the rules of engagement. (Not that it would stop THEM [rolleyes] )
But what if he is dead and they were all getting together to bury his sorry ass?

I doubt he is though. He's like herpes. Just when you think it's never coming back you get a huge sore right in the middle of your face...

It would be interesting if he was dead. I heard a story about a bunch of the Al Qaeda head honchos being in a cemetery a few weeks back.

Those were Taliban fighters burying other Taliban fighters after they attacked NATO troops. The ROE forbid attacking enemy fighters in cemetaries. Which is dumb. However, it didn't have anything to do with OBL.

Gary

Those were Taliban fighters burying other Taliban fighters after they attacked NATO troops. The ROE forbid attacking enemy fighters in cemetaries. Which is dumb. However, it didn't have anything to do with OBL.

Gary

Oh well. It was just one of those things I heard in passing, it doesn't hurt to hope, right?

As far as ROE, what's the point in following them if the other guy doesn't? Everybody hates us anyway, we might as well get something out of it...

At this point in time it doesn't really matter what happens to Osama. There are so many indpendant terrorist cells and Osama wanna-bes all over that if anything his death would just encourage them even more. Even if we captured him, it'd be like getting a drug king pin thrown in jail. Another would step up and take his place.
I think for a while everyone was kinda hoping for a Sadam/Osama capture to have the same effect as the Russians taking the bunker in Berlin. Only these days the world is ten times more F'ed up and the enemy are scattered like roaches running from the light.
Its just too bad we're not allowed to deploy the big can of pesticide.[devil2]

Back
Top Bottom