• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is NH non resident LTC ok in Maine

question....

I live in MA and have my Class A LTC (no restrictions). I recently got a NH Non resident LTC. Just spent the weekend in Maine and wondered if my NH non resident license will allow me to carry concealed in Maine?

any ideas?
Rob

ok...

I wansnt sure. I wondered since they are right next to each other maybe the NH one was good to go for Maine.

either way thanks... I will grab one...

He can just look under the Gun Laws, Maine subforum. Either direct info or link to state org should be there to get info from.

Nope, no reciprocity between any of the 5 (VT issues no permits) New England states.
Now that's progressive.

I can drive from Tennessee to Michigan and from Pennsylvannia to Indiana with an Ohio CHL.

There are many more states with which Ohio has CCW reciprocity, but the ones listed are those which I can drive non stop through without having to lock the gun up.

Maine just passed a law to look into reciprocity. Hope it works.

ME should at least be reciprocal with NH... why they're not, I don't
know.... the laws really don't differ all that much. I can't imagine
that either state is "making" money off selling permits, either. (If
they had bidirectional reciprocity it would likely reduce
costs for both states as those who already have resident permits from
either would not have to apply for the neighbor's permit.

It's also dumb that none of them take an MA permit, but that has
to do with political spite more than anything else- NH and other
free states have the attitude of "Well, if you're not going to
accept our permit, mr reilly/ms coakley, then, f*** you" and I
can't necessarily fault them for that sentiment, either. The
idea of reciprocity is that both sides respect each other. And MA
certainly doesn't respect anyone else.

-Mike

.... Ken, when Northern Ave was still cobblestones, around 1970, you could still smell that molasses on a hot day I'm told. I'm sure Jose is thinking.....WTF?

I'll bet there are some younger folks living around here that have never heard of the great molasses slide. See how many ask. <g>

Back
Top Bottom