• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is NES a CMP Club?

also getting a membership to the Garand collectors Association is good to. Also get a pretty decent mag each 1/4

I joined Goal at least a year ago, let it lapse I think. I really need to rejoin and order up a Garand. Send them a copy of my LTC and they'll mail me a gun, even in Mass correct?

I joined Goal at least a year ago, let it lapse I think. I really need to rejoin and order up a Garand. Send them a copy of my LTC and they'll mail me a gun, even in Mass correct?

It's a bit more involved, but not labyrinthine, and, yes, they come right to your door.

Somebody (not me) should set up an NES Postal Garand match - pick a date, a course of fire, shoot at your club, photograph your targets, and see who wins.

Obama Signs NDAA Bill To Allow Sale
of Surplus 1911 Pistols to Public

By Dean Weingarten. November 26th, 2015

m1911a1l-350x229.jpg

smallline-17.gif
Arizona - On Wednesday, 25 November, 2015, President Barack Hussein Obama signed the National Defense Authorization act.He had vetoed the first version of the bill to reach his desk on 22 October, 2015, about a month ago.In the latest version, S. 1356, there is a section, 1087, which re-authorizes the Civilian Marksmanship Program to sell surplus 1911 and 1911A1 pistols and their parts and accessories to the public. The bill is available (as a PDF file.)

http://jpfo.org/alerts2015/alert20151130.htm

I wonder how well those 1911s actually shoot? I imagine theyve seen a shit ton of rounds etc.

Good enough for USGI
Figure the as issued service pistol match has a 5.54" black bull (X,10,9 ring) @ 50 yards slow fire it will need to be in decent shape do do well. If I do get one I plan on shooting it more as JMB and JCG intended!

Back
Top Bottom