Is my LTC still valid?

-Warning- Possibly a stupid question

I have just moved into RI from MA, I still have a MA class A LTC, is this LTC still valid in MA or just a useless piece of paper now?

Cptn5spd said:

I have just moved into RI from MA, I still have a MA class A LTC, is this LTC still valid in MA or just a useless piece of paper now?

Did you change your residency?

From a purely legal point of view, my understanding (IANAL) is that once you move out of state, the MA LTC is no longer valid . . . and you can NOT convert it to a NR LTC. You need to go thru all the BS again and pay another $100 (for 1 year this time) for a NR LTC (which will probably take 3-6 months to process).

That said, I have a friend who moved from MA to AZ last year and he used his MA LTC in AZ (MA LTC is recognized in AZ) until he was recently able to obtain his AZ CCW. I doubt that he sent the required change of address letters (certified, return receipt requested) to the MA PD and CHSB when he moved . . . he has NO intentions of ever returning here.

Thank you LenS, I have completed the necessary paperwork for change of address, I do not intend to even try to obtain a RI LTC because that is impossible (thank you Patrik Lynch, RI A.G.). I will settle for my blue card to purchase, own, but cannot carry

Cptn5spd said:

Ah, Cpt5spd... There are no stupid questions in here. Just stupid laws out there.

Greg said:
There are no stupid questions regarding MA gun laws,especially when you can go to jail for owning a LEO marked 30 round mag.Better safe than sorry.

What Greg said. The laws were written by stupid people, so you have to ask questions. [roll]

Back
Top Bottom