• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is My indoor range Air conditioned?

im a member at Taunton rifle pistol club , I’m wondering if they’re indoor range is air conditioned? Any help appreciated !
Previous member.

No, it's does not have AC. There is some air filtration and the snail system does a great job of capturing lead dust, but once the air handlers are turned on, it can get warm, or cold, like the outside air.

Don't know about the new range on the left side of the club house.

Any hardos go shoot outside this weekend? 85 degrees is probably my cut off point. Do people in the South just stop shooting in the Summer or do they all go to indoor ranges with AC?
I shot rifle outside yesterday for an hour. Covered firing line so at least the benches are not in the sun.

Taunton is not air conditioned at least the older indoor range is not, or at least does not feel like it is. I have never used the newer range so not sure if it is.

Any hardos go shoot outside this weekend? 85 degrees is probably my cut off point. Do people in the South just stop shooting in the Summer or do they all go to indoor ranges with AC?

I checked a couple rifle zeroes and pinged some new gongs I bought last week down at my local sandpit under the sun yesterday. It was hot. Called it quits by 11am.

You get used to where you live. Adaption something something...I shot outside all summer when I was growing up in FL.

Indoor range does not have ac.

You could have joined us this morning on the narrow 100 to shoot plates. The guys had tents set up so they made things much better.

Taunton outdoor range is not. ;)

I would guess no. I’m trying to think of I’ve seen air handlers outside.

you cannot ventilate and cool the air to same ends. a range needs to prioritize ventilation, thus on cold days it should be cold on the range and vice versa. if ifs a dry 68F on your range its probably got shit for ventilation.

you cannot ventilate and cool the air to same ends. a range needs to prioritize ventilation, thus on cold days it should be cold on the range and vice versa. if ifs a dry 68F on your range its probably got shit for ventilation.

This. Maybe a private business type shooting range can afford to properly cool the indoor range air, then ventilate the cool air with it's lead smoke through proper exhaust scrubbers. Just throwing in a wall A/C unit is not proper cooling/ventilation/scrubbing.

Squib308 is spot on regarding heat in the winter also. Having some electric high wattage ceiling heaters directly over the shooting bays gives a little warmth, but the same theory applies, you will be exhausting what you heat or cool.

Jay

Yes you can, it's just brutally expensive. Most private club ranges will not have the tonnage required to do.it properly....

I didn’t because we went up to Winnipesaukee for the weekend but I would of if I had nothing going on. I luv shooting in the blistering heat, there is nobody there and I got the whole range to myself. I also luv shooting in the freezing cold dead of winter, I got the whole range to myself.

Back
Top Bottom