Is it too late to dump our guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care? OP is either trolling or has guns for entirely the wrong reason. Sure OP, sell them now to someone who needs them

I find it interesting that nobody has a real opinion on when to sell, Most of you are from the New England area and have had your second amendment rights completely squashed and nobody even protest. but now tell themselves they will never sell their guns.

I think you are missing the point. A more intelligent question would be at what point do I sell investments and hunker down until the market stabilizes. Wasting mental bandwidth for chump change over a few guns is retarded, but you do you.

Yes, there were protests. Were they effective? Maybe, maybe not, but at least several thousand of us got off our ass and did more than make inane sh!t-posts.

gun-rally-against-healey-01jpg-f6a69f257169a61e.jpg

Now that it seems that Trump will lose the election ,should we sell our ARs and AKs and other semi autos for what seems like top dollar now or wait till Uncle Joe comes up with some half ass gun laws and they will be worth even more with the last great panick buy . Ammo is non existent now or at least unaffordable. Its only gonna get worst so will anybody even want to buy them. If he wants registration that only leads to future confiscation which means we get nothing for them. A gun buy back will only get us maybe 10 cents on the dollar. I'm not burying them in my backyard ,as that's just stupid, Nobody is going to start a civil war. as with recent history has shown. the balloon has already gone up and nobody accept BLM has any balls to do anything. So I ask. Dump them now or wait?

Dump YOUR guns now as you exhibit zero intent to use them for their ultimate intended purpose. You might as well sell them to someone who will.

P.S. You are an obvious troll.

I would advise everyone considering selling their guns and ammo to do so NOW, before the election. There is and never will be a better time. Sell Mortimer! Sell !!!

Me...? Not a chance in hell.

If you MUST SELL, sell to someone who won't give it up so easily...

No, the checks on the judicial branch are built in: Executive appoints, Legislative confirms. So you can't be a federal judge without the other two branches approving.
Serious question: I tried google and couldn’t find an answer. Why is it that when laws are passed, some take effect immediately and remain in effect during legal challenges and some don’t take effect until after working their way through the courts?

anyone? Is there a legal answer to this? I’m talking about how anti gun shit always just takes effect immediately and remains in effect during the years long legal process but any thing trump approves doesn’t happen until the courts bless it off.

Are you distinguishing between a judge placing an injunction on a president’s executive order vs a law passed by Congress?

Now that it seems that Trump will lose the election ,should we sell our ARs and AKs and other semi autos for what seems like top dollar now or wait till Uncle Joe comes up with some half ass gun laws and they will be worth even more with the last great panick buy . Ammo is non existent now or at least unaffordable. Its only gonna get worst so will anybody even want to buy them. If he wants registration that only leads to future confiscation which means we get nothing for them. A gun buy back will only get us maybe 10 cents on the dollar. I'm not burying them in my backyard ,as that's just stupid, Nobody is going to start a civil war. as with recent history has shown. the balloon has already gone up and nobody accept BLM has any balls to do anything. So I ask. Dump them now or wait?
Sure I can arrange that. I’m guessing 500 cash would be good. We can get with my local FFL and take all your concerns away [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

1.) trade them for d**ks OP, good eating

or

2.) wait and see if Biden will trade you for a couple double barrels

or

3.) get stamps for them all (that’s Biden plan right? Everything is NFA)

or

4.) sit back and watch Trump win

Personally I think you should consider #1 since this a gun boards and reading these troll posts get old

This is a joke right? omfg 🤣🤣🤣[rofl][rofl][rofl][horse]

Serious question: I tried google and couldn’t find an answer. Why is it that when laws are passed, some take effect immediately and remain in effect during legal challenges and some don’t take effect until after working their way through the courts?

anyone? Is there a legal answer to this? I’m talking about how anti gun shit always just takes effect immediately and remains in effect during the years long legal process but any thing trump approves doesn’t happen until the courts bless it off.

Laws take effect when the law says it does; it'll be written into the legislation, along with any sunset clauses or exceptions or whatnot. Most important laws are not written to take effect immediately. Think of the '94 AWB: the manufacturers wanted a lag between enactment and effect, so that got written into the law. Ostensibly it was so that they could retool; in reality, it just gave them a chance to manufacture as many Evil Killy Weapons as they could up to the last minute.

As for legal challenges, that's on the court; as soon as a challenge rolls on in, the judge(s) decides whether to issue an injunction. Who knows what their reasoning is? I'm sure it's spelled out in the decision.

Your beef is with the courts, sounds like.

Sorry to ask a question to what I thought were gun people not mall ninjas, keep telling yourselves your going to give up your family ,fortune and future for an AR15, then go play your video game and take a knee and watch your sports game.
You come on here and start with the statement that Trump is going to lose, and then switch to profiting off of the uncertain / stable times we are dealing with. And then when you can't get anyone to agree with your defeatist idea you get mad and switch to insulting and saying that we should go kneel for a sports game.. If,,, you were a real person, you would realize that not giving up your means to defend you family, home, property, would be the only move possible, IF Trump were to lose. It has already been proven that Trump donators are being outed on the interweb, MLB / Antifa are doxing anyone that stands up to them, and have no problem shooting them in public as we have all seen. If your buddies Pedo / Cameltoe get elected you can bet the far left will come after thousands if not millions of conservatives to either "get them back in line' or just get rid of us. You want to get rid of your AR's And AK's ?? Shite than give them to me.. I have 5 adults and a grandchild in my house and no AR's / AK's. I'd rather die making sure my wife and kids get away then you can die on your knees begging Cameltoe and the Pedo not throw you in the reeducation camps. I'm not sry if this offends you or anyone else, but if you've already decided that Trump has lost, and we should give up arms, lives, homes, families, and freedom. Then go vote Donk, Call Maura and tell on us, and please stop drinking before noon. Paul

tenor.gif

Discounting that you are more than likely just trolling, i am curious as to what you think should have been done to avoid this "ban". Everyone i know who has got their license after this "ban" are still acquiring most of the firearms everyone could get before. Fact is their are more options for handguns right now that before the ban. I see Glocks, CZ, HK, and even kimbers everywhere. Check out the gallary threads some time. Other than not being able to perhaps buy a specific AK or AR, what has changed that you would expect this grand revolution? Sucks for gun shops who can't sell "some" of these firearms. Other than that its business as usual. I don't see a reason to go to war for a fight against laws that in reality didn't change much for most gun owners. That does not mean i agree with the laws. I vote accordingly to try and change them.

Folks in Illinois we’re conditioned like this. Some think it’s ok to get a permission slip to own or carry a gun. Some think it’s ok to wait a few days on waiting periods. Some think it’s ok to be forced to use an exorbitantly priced FFL to do a basic transfer.

I think all of that is silly so choose to live in a state that tends to respect my constitutional rights and my paycheck more than others. No place is perfect, but MA and NY are highly flawed.

Indeed but real life dictates other factors in where you live other than how the laws are on the second amendment. Most people's lives do not revolve around the second amendment. Most people are bound do their area because of family and income. If you are able to leave your family behind so you can live in a "free" state that is good for you. Most of us are not in a position to do so. So again i ask what were we to do? Start killing politicians and their followers so our right to buy Ar's were not infringed on? Its always easy to state the problem while having limited realistic solutions.

Indeed but real life dictates other factors in where you live other than how the laws are on the second amendment. Most people's lives do not revolve around the second amendment. Most people are bound do their area because of family and income. If you are able to leave your family behind so you can live in a "free" state that is good for you. Most of us are not in a position to do so. So again i ask what were we to do? Start killing politicians and their followers so our right to buy Ar's were not infringed on? Its always easy to state the problem while having limited realistic solutions.

I think the question is. If they told you to would you turn in your AR’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom