Is it too late to dump our guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before, the SC will be packed In our favor after ACB gets appointed so Joe and co. will have a hard time pushing anything unconstitutional through (hopefully) and even it he does, stuff like that takes time. Just talk of a new AWB will make prices skyrocket I imagine.

What about his plan to stack the Supreme Court and add a few states?

As I said before, the SC will be packed In our favor after ACB gets appointed so Joe and co. will have a hard time pushing anything unconstitutional through (hopefully) and even it he does, stuff like that takes time. Just talk of a new AWB will make prices skyrocket I imagine.
Actually. Passing unconstitutional crap is very easy.
Taking it to the SC could take years and they might not even want to hear it. Their record on 2A hearings is not very good.

So, while ACB will be good, it does not guarantee the gov will not screw with peoples rights.

That being said, the govt will not pass a law to confiscate all "assault" rifles.

Now that it seems that Trump will lose the election ,should we sell our ARs and AKs and other semi autos for what seems like top dollar now or wait till Uncle Joe comes up with some half ass gun laws and they will be worth even more with the last great panick buy . Ammo is non existent now or at least unaffordable. Its only gonna get worst so will anybody even want to buy them. If he wants registration that only leads to future confiscation which means we get nothing for them. A gun buy back will only get us maybe 10 cents on the dollar. I'm not burying them in my backyard ,as that's just stupid, Nobody is going to start a civil war. as with recent history has shown. the balloon has already gone up and nobody accept BLM has any balls to do anything. So I ask. Dump them now or wait?
Dude- You are in serious need of some Charlton Heston:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju4Gla2odw

Now that it seems that Trump will lose the election ,should we sell our ARs and AKs and other semi autos for what seems like top dollar now or wait till Uncle Joe comes up with some half ass gun laws and they will be worth even more with the last great panick buy . Ammo is non existent now or at least unaffordable. Its only gonna get worst so will anybody even want to buy them. If he wants registration that only leads to future confiscation which means we get nothing for them. A gun buy back will only get us maybe 10 cents on the dollar. I'm not burying them in my backyard ,as that's just stupid, Nobody is going to start a civil war. as with recent history has shown. the balloon has already gone up and nobody accept BLM has any balls to do anything. So I ask. Dump them now or wait?
A) it doesn't seem like Trump will lose. The commies are playing the same shell game with polls that they did in 2016 but Trump enthusiasm as evidenced by the rallies and convoys of trucks you see is much much higher than in 2016. Everyone knows Trump slaughtered dementia Joe in the debate regardless of what the fake CNN and Politico polls show
B) If you even think this way, then yes you should sell all your guns now. Non-Bitches would still keep their guns and tell Joe and the Hoe to go f*** themselves if said senile old coot and garbage whore got their wishes and somehow got a law passed for a mandatory buy back. Only a pussy would participate in the buy back.

Guns are money, I sold my ARs and other rifles during other panics and made a good profit only to buy the same guns back a year later at half the price. This time could be different. are you all gonna sit on all that money? If they all get banned ,are you gonna hide in your basement looking at them? I think not. The trick is when to sell. Please don't go with that " from my cold dead fingers" thing. Nobody is gonna die for their AR15.
It sounds like you have already made up your mind as to the outcome of the election. Do you really need anyone to give their two cents on the matter? If you truly have deep concerns then sell your items now. If you looking for some magic date as to when to sell nobody can truly tell you. Like the stock market only you know when your comfortable on when to buy and when to sell.

A) it doesn't seem like Trump will lose. The commies are playing the same shell game with polls that they did in 2016 but Trump enthusiasm as evidenced by the rallies and convoys of trucks you see is much much higher than in 2016. Everyone knows Trump slaughtered dementia Joe in the debate regardless of what the fake CNN and Politico polls show
B) If you even think this way, then yes you should sell all your guns now. Non-Bitches would still keep their guns and tell Joe and the Hoe to go f*** themselves if said senile old coot and garbage whore got their wishes and somehow got a law passed for a mandatory buy back. Only a pussy would participate in the buy back.
Ya, only pussies !

Actually. Passing unconstitutional crap is very easy.
Taking it to the SC could take years and they might not even want to hear it. Their record on 2A hearings is not very good.

So, while ACB will be good, it does not guarantee the gov will not screw with peoples rights.

That being said, the govt will not pass a law to confiscate all "assault" rifles.
This is a fundamental flaw and grave oversight of the otherwise brilliant plan of the founders.

For a law to be passed, prior to being signed by the POTUS it should have to be reviewed by the judiciary. Maybe each justice gets a few extra clerks and then all those clerks form a committee to review new laws or something. The SCOTUS's check on legislative abuse is meaningless to the guy sitting in a jail cell for years while a case works its way up to the top court, who may or may not even decide to hear it.

This is a fundamental flaw and grave oversight of the otherwise brilliant plan of the founders.

For a law to be passed, prior to being signed by the POTUS it should have to be reviewed by the judiciary. Maybe each justice gets a few extra clerks and then all those clerks form a committee to review new laws or something. The SCOTUS's check on legislative abuse is meaningless to the guy sitting in a jail cell for years while a case works its way up to the top court, who may or may not even decide to hear it.

I don't necessarily disagree, but remember that the whole concept of judicial review only dates from Marbury v. Madison. The Constitution says nothing about it at all. It's been awhile since I read the Federalist Papers, but I don't think the Founders ever intended for SCOTUS to have any right to overturn laws, or even to consider them.

I think they thought that a Congress who passed an unconstitutional law would simply get voted out by our country's motivated and well-informed electorate...[rolleyes]

I don't necessarily disagree, but remember that the whole concept of judicial review only dates from Marbury v. Madison. The Constitution says nothing about it at all. It's been awhile since I read the Federalist Papers, but I don't think the Founders ever intended for SCOTUS to have any right to overturn laws, or even to consider them.

I think they thought that a Congress who passed an unconstitutional law would simply get voted out by our country's motivated and well-informed electorate...[rolleyes]
What if that was the planned check on the Judicial branch? So they only had the ability to undo a law after a challenge was brought to them.

So you sell your ARs at exorbitant prices during 2A panics and then buy them back after the market price has gone down, all so you can wait until the next travesty and sell them again and repeat the process? Doing this with AKs would be a lot harder, but aside from that the whole act just seems exhausting...all to make like 50% back? I get it, capitalism and free market and all, but don’t you ever want to just stick to your guns and train hard with them and become adept enough to defend yourself, family and innocent samaritans in the event of an attack or other danger? Maybe you should buy a DSI fixed mag AR and leave the big guns for the real men and women who value 2A and are governed by principles beyond making a strange dollar.

If OP is speculating on timing for optimum ROI then the near future would be that time. Doesn’t matter who wins the election.
If he were a true risk taker he’d be hoping for a civil conflict as there is always a huge black market for weapons and ammo during those.

What if that was the planned check on the Judicial branch? So they only had the ability to undo a law after a challenge was brought to them.

No, the checks on the judicial branch are built in: Executive appoints, Legislative confirms. So you can't be a federal judge without the other two branches approving.

What are you selling?

F*cking COVID. All the weirdos and FUDDS that have had accounts for years and never post are coming out and posting. Go back to your caves.

OP, I will give you $50 for your AR and $100 for the AK.
Who said he has an AR/AK?

OP, since you already dumped your balls, guns are next of course.

I'm surprised you didn't ask how to bury them. (Not that it's any better than just dumping them all.)

I would sell all my semi autos to you Mass. boys at a huge profit but you boys already let them get banned in your state an you did nothing,[rofl]

f***! Semi-autos are banned?
First Trump loses and now MA has banned semi autos?

Sir, you need to post more often, you clearly know your stuff.

2621c6a5c082e4a66c2b6f5728bf0f3b.jpg

I've been away all day.

What a dumb f***ing thread title. And a f***ing dumb topic to even remotely discuss.

Dump your guns you idiot. You know nothing about the principles this country was founded on. It appalls me that you have one brain cell that thinks like this.

You dump your guns. Everyone else with a spine will rightfully keep theirs and bear them if necessary.

I find it interesting that nobody has a real opinion on when to sell, Most of you are from the New England area and have had your second amendment rights completely squashed and nobody even protest. but now tell themselves they will never sell their guns.

I don't sell, I buy and build more. "He who dies with the most toys. Wins"

I would sell all my semi autos to you Mass. boys at a huge profit but you boys already let them get banned in your state an you did nothing,[rofl]
Discounting that you are more than likely just trolling, i am curious as to what you think should have been done to avoid this "ban". Everyone i know who has got their license after this "ban" are still acquiring most of the firearms everyone could get before. Fact is their are more options for handguns right now that before the ban. I see Glocks, CZ, HK, and even kimbers everywhere. Check out the gallary threads some time. Other than not being able to perhaps buy a specific AK or AR, what has changed that you would expect this grand revolution? Sucks for gun shops who can't sell "some" of these firearms. Other than that its business as usual. I don't see a reason to go to war for a fight against laws that in reality didn't change much for most gun owners. That does not mean i agree with the laws. I vote accordingly to try and change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom