Is it too late to dump our guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the question is it better now or wait till after? If I sell now an make a tidy profit an Trump wins I can replace at half the cost. If he loses then then the prices could go really sky high and who cares because they'll probably get banned.

if you are looking solely as guns as an investment and money. Then yes .sell everything now.

I would sell all my semi autos to you Mass. boys at a huge profit but you boys already let them get banned in your state an you did nothing,[rofl]

Conformists, marxists and LARPing patriots who support tyranny and marxist causes elicit a response
I find it interesting that nobody has a real opinion on when to sell, Most of you are from the New England area and have had your second amendment rights completely squashed and nobody even protest. but now tell themselves they will never sell their guns.

I think the question is not when to sell, but when to hold — go ahead, sell what you have and turn a nice profit on that Frankenstein gun you built for a few hundred bucks or your M&P-15 sport with neutered features. If you can get $2K for it, have at it — that just means someone is desperate enough to buy your junk. And there are plenty of whores out there selling overpriced pieces of sh*t and smiling all the way to the bank. But, once you’ve made your money, you better pile your rocks high and sharpen your sticks extra pointy, because that’s all you’ll have left to protect yourself and those you love.

Anyone with a decent quality instrument can’t sell it for the kind of win-fall you’re asking about. There are plenty of mid- to high-quality manufactures who’s rifles retail fo $2K. Even the most desperate probably wont pay double retail. So there is no real profit to be made.

So, the matter becomes to hold what you’ve got, because once you sell you’ll have a hard time replacing and buying again... unless you’re completely willing to concede your firearms, in which case have at it. I doubt you’ll find many folks here who’ll die on that hill with you.

Sorry to ask a question to what I thought were gun people not mall ninjas, keep telling yourselves your going to give up your family ,fortune and future for an AR15, then go play your video game and take a knee and watch your sports game.

Nobody is taking you seriously because you asked a troll question on a firearms board and then come back with insults. Having seen other gun boards during election years, this is typical anti 2A troll behavior.

You're a supposed adult-buy or sell property as you see fit based on whatever metric matters to you. Firearms aren't typically high priced items, so it should be an easy decision for any adult.
Nobody knows the "what if" scenario which will happen after whoever places his hand on a bible in January 2020, 24, 28, etc so why worry about it.

if you want to trade in firearms like commodities, then sell now. there is no question it’s a sellers market.

Ive sold a few things that hadnt gotten any use, but I bought way more than I sold over the last year.

Now that it seems that Trump will lose the election ,should we sell our ARs and AKs and other semi autos for what seems like top dollar now or wait till Uncle Joe comes up with some half ass gun laws and they will be worth even more with the last great panick buy . Ammo is non existent now or at least unaffordable. Its only gonna get worst so will anybody even want to buy them. If he wants registration that only leads to future confiscation which means we get nothing for them. A gun buy back will only get us maybe 10 cents on the dollar. I'm not burying them in my backyard ,as that's just stupid, Nobody is going to start a civil war. as with recent history has shown. the balloon has already gone up and nobody accept BLM has any balls to do anything. So I ask. Dump them now or wait?

Prices please. I would love a nice old gnarly AK so I'm in. If you don't want to sell them to me or someone decent then for goodness sakes don't sell them to BLM or antifa. After you're done selling everything and you're down to a zipgun then have an LTC burning moment and enjoy keeping and bearing nothing.

It suprises me when threads like this get so much action, in my opinion there is literally almost zero chance the OP is not bored out of his mind and just decided to light a fire on NES to have some fun for himself lol

I don't think I can answer your questions because there were larger reasons at play for me when I purchased my firearms other than, "making a tidy profit."

But I guess I'm not a "gun guy" in your eyes since screwing over other people to make money selling guns--and throwing in the towel and seeing confiscation as inevitable--are things I will not do.

That's the question is it better now or wait till after? If I sell now an make a tidy profit an Trump wins I can replace at half the cost. If he loses then then the prices could go really sky high and who cares because they'll probably get banned.

I don’t know the answer but you’re asking a good question. I’ve made a couple small mints in prior panics. And missed the boat on others. I’ve never bought in a panic and been upside down on guns or ammunition.

Guns, ammunition and components are fungible and replaceable commodities. For most of us, they are toys/recreation, not tools for work. If you have “enough” cash, guns, ammunition, etc, selling what you “bought cheap and stacked deep” is a fun and profitable way to fund the hobby and expand your collection.

I sold a ton of “extras” in the year before we moved here. Made a little bit basically sold for about what I had in it. Wanted to move less and pay less so no big deal. In hindsight, I could have made another killing with all the $8 9mm I dumped for $10 -$12.

Whatever you do- don’t buy now unless buying at a sane/normal price. High prices cure high prices.

Guns are money, I sold my ARs and other rifles during other panics and made a good profit only to buy the same guns back a year later at half the price. This time could be different. are you all gonna sit on all that money? If they all get banned ,are you gonna hide in your basement looking at them? I think not. The trick is when to sell. Please don't go with that " from my cold dead fingers" thing. Nobody is gonna die for their AR15.
They make cream for that itch. I think it's called vagisil. If you apply twice daily you may not be so irritable.
If you can't read between the lines. I'm calling you a Pusssa....... The women on this forum are more of a man than you. I would just sell them now because you probably don't have the balls to defend yourself anyway. I know you just trolling but I couldn't resist.

Time to beat my rifles into plows so I can plow the crops for the next Chez.
They definitely could use help with their community farm

Things might not get that bad. We will have a packed Supreme Court and they may actually hear 2A cases now.
Not to mention the GOP will still own the senate. Some of the nes posters these days have no f***ing clue how our government actually works. The president can't just waive a major wand and create a mandatory buyback.

Last edited:
why actually go to the bother of "dumping" your guns. In a few months, after if biden wins, buttgigle and his gay posse will come to take them. you will not have to lift a finger

It suprises me when threads like this get so much action, in my opinion there is literally almost zero chance the OP is not bored out of his mind and just decided to light a fire on NES to have some fun for himself lol
I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Not everyone is going to join the guerrilla fighters if it comes to that and maybe the dude just wants to dump some of his large collection in case a full retard ban does happen. In my humble opinion, you really only “need” 3 guns anway. A pistol, a decent semi auto rifle and then maybe a shotgun or precision rifle if that is your thing.

hell I’ve got some very gently used guns I’ll be selling soon. Just cuz I need cash not due to elections or anything.

Guns are money, I sold my ARs and other rifles during other panics and made a good profit only to buy the same guns back a year later at half the price. This time could be different. are you all gonna sit on all that money? If they all get banned ,are you gonna hide in your basement looking at them? I think not. The trick is when to sell. Please don't go with that " from my cold dead fingers" thing. Nobody is gonna die for their AR15.
Clearly you and I have a different opinion of what guns are. Mine are not "money". I don't trade them like a commodity or stocks to turn a profit. I own many......some are collection pieces. Most are hunting guns with way too many memories attached to them to ever sell.......of give to the government on a mandatory buyback. The government won't ever take my guns ill guarantee you that.

I find it interesting that nobody has a real opinion on when to sell, Most of you are from the New England area and have had your second amendment rights completely squashed and nobody even protest. but now tell themselves they will never sell their guns.
Thats probably because nobody else is stupid enoigh to actually sell them.

Sorry to ask a question to what I thought were gun people not mall ninjas, keep telling yourselves your going to give up your family ,fortune and future for an AR15, then go play your video game and take a knee and watch your sports game.

Have you ever studied Thomas Paine? Do you even Founders Know?

We are gun people. And we're telling you were not selling. Is that so hard to understand?

Clearly you and I have a different opinion of what guns are. Mine are not "money". I don't trade them like a commodity or stocks to turn a profit. I own many......some are collection pieces. Most are hunting guns with way too many memories attached to them to ever sell.......of give to the government on a mandatory buyback. The government won't ever take my guns ill guarantee you that.

I'm with you. Guns are in the same pool of resources as my welder, my sockets, and my random power tools. If the Gov was going after my circular saw or my hammer, I'd be just as pissed.

I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Not everyone is going to join the guerrilla fighters if it comes to that and maybe the dude just wants to dump some of his large collection in case a full retard ban does happen. In my humble opinion, you really only “need” 3 guns anway. A pistol, a decent semi auto rifle and then maybe a shotgun or precision rifle if that is your thing.

hell I’ve got some very gently used guns I’ll be selling soon. Just cuz I need cash not due to elections or anything.
That was my first response and I didn’t say anything about what he is posting about. I don’t believe he is serious but if he is I got no problems with him or anyone wanting to sell their guns. It’s personal property to do as you wish with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom