Is it time to bring back public executions

He's facing federal charges which will include the death penalty

Oh yes. We just played that game here in RI. Our useless Governor didn't want to let a cold blooded murder go to the feds because he was facing the death penalty if he did. So it's ok to walk up to a stranger and shoot him in the head to rob him, but not to get executed for executing someone.

i want all kids of punishment for him..everyone makes good points. solitary for life...baseball bats....gang raped to death in gen pop in a prison....blow him up and let him see what it feels like. scumbag

Yes he is facing the death penalty because he is being charged by the Feds, and capital punishment is still on the books with them.

I doubt he's going to get the death penalty, particularly under this administration. They'll talk to the talk but the excuse in the end will be that "His brother was the mastermind and he's already dead" etc. I would actually be surprised if this kid gets the needle.

-Mike

I doubt he's going to get the death penalty, particularly under this administration. They'll talk to the talk but the excuse in the end will be that "His brother was the mastermind and he's already dead" etc. I would actually be surprised if this kid gets the needle.

-Mike

I was responding to a another post. I agree with you. Younger bro will be made to look like a dupe influenced by his older bro, they will take the needle off the table, but dangle it for a while. Supermax will really be a lot worse, and in the end he may wish that he had been executed.

Live in the Big House is no walk in the park. I can't say I wouldn't choose a fast death as compared to solitary confinement and rat soup for the next 60 years of my life.

Justice should be swift and not a media circus. People and lawyers are taking oaths to tell the truth that is why you are judged by your peers. Getting someone off on a technicality is not justice it's manipulation of the system. I think if you get convicted and your lawyer helped you lie they should do time too. Almost as an accessory now I would be for that

Justice should be swift and not a media circus. People and lawyers are taking oaths to tell the truth that is why you are judged by your peers. Getting someone off on a technicality is not justice it's manipulation of the system. I think if you get convicted and your lawyer helped you lie they should do time too. Almost as an accessory now I would be for that

While I agree that any lawyer that lies or assists their client in lying is not only in violation of their ethical duties and their oath as an officer of the court, I cannot say that a "technicality" is always a bad thing in general. The State has massive power, resources and manpower to bring against the individual and an unlimited budget. If the state screws up, in light of these facts, I cannot say that it is not for the greater good that the State is kept honest given the complete imbalance of power.

No, that's the risk of having the justice system that we have, which I would like to have for myself if ever accused of a crime.

You don't qualify for that justice system. If they ever go for you, you'll be buried alive. Ask the gentleman from Manchester by the Sea.

Go Muslim and make sure your mom shouts a lot of Allah Akbar on TV, if you're ever arrested. You'll be fine.

You don't qualify for that justice system. If they ever go for you, you'll be buried alive. Ask the gentleman from Manchester by the Sea.

Go Muslim and make sure your mom shouts a lot of Allah Akbar on TV, if you're ever arrested. You'll be fine.

now now let's not be too hard on the guy who blew off a bunch of innocent peoples' limbs, killed some runners, an eight year old boy, and a police officer. the guy has got feelings.

No, not really, long as he's in the fed system, he'll be rotting in the Supermax in CO, which more or less is the closest approximation to hell on earth. He'll be tortured for what he did for the rest of his life.

-Mike

Yeah, that is until some bleeding heart gives him a pass.

I'm personally against the death penalty but if we are to have them, they should be seen by the public.

There's no utility in performing the executions behind closed doors. If the public wants them, they should see what they support.

Muslim law says cut off the hands of a thief, so a killer should be put to death. Public hanging is a great way to say we are respecting his religion, and may cause another "lone wolf" bomber to rethink their actions.

Bigger question is how does someone on public assistance get these high profile lawyers? Just maybe there is another part to this whole mess that's being swept under the radar.

Laughable. We still have people in the hospital with blown off limbs and burying others and these liberal lawyers are flocking to the poor defenseless bomber. Same with gitmo. I am tired of this. Victims get shit on and the terrorists get coddled. Look at the fort hood shooter. Still no trial, shot dozens of people, hated Christians ( hate crime???) and we are arguing about cutting his beard for trial. I get tired of hearing we have to be better than they are? This is better having a media circus trial which reopened he wounds of the people and families he hurt and killed?? I saw one in the chest and two in the head and be done with it. Vigalante justice but at least people would be able to move on wih heir lives

Due ****ing Process buddy.

Yeah, that is until some bleeding heart gives him a pass.

There is no "pass"/parole/furlough, etc. when you get locked up in one of those, particularly not if the reason you're there has to do with you killing someone.

-Mike

You have no idea what the **** you are talking about

Yeah, spare the death penalty and instead sentence him to life in Mass prisons , where all murderers go and never see the light of day again. You know, like the ones that killed Trooper George Hannah, or the PAROLED MURDERER that shot and killed Trooper Charbonier, or the convict that grabbed BPD officer Tommy Rose' gun and killed him with it, or EVEN BETTER, like the convicted COP KILLER from Florida or somewhere down south, who got a "reprieve" from the death penalty at the last minute, thanks to the hard, tireless work of his young attorney, who told his colleagues how PROUD he was to have gotten the cop-killer a reprieve from death. And that young attorney was?...... (insert drumroll here... wait for it... yes ladies and gentlemen, the young, proud, hard-working attorney was a guy named.... DEVAL PATRICK!!!!).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

... I get tired of hearing we have to be better than they are? This is better having a media circus trial which reopened he wounds of the people and families he hurt and killed?? I saw one in the chest and two in the head and be done with it. Vigilante justice but at least people would be able to move on with their lives

Due ****ing Process buddy.

Justice should be swift and not a media circus. ... Getting someone off on a technicality is not justice it's manipulation of the system. ...

You have no idea what the **** you are talking about

I read him loud and clear.

He is fed up with the obvious bias in our "justice" system and wants justice, not namby pamby cumbuyah m'lord chanting. Allow him some artistic license in his choice of words.

Back
Top Bottom