• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it time to bring back public executions

Well 19 years old, assuming no health issues, maybe 50-60 years in a windowless 6x6 room. Maybe they can pipe in some elevator music 24/7. He'll wish for death every day, long before it takes him.

I am totally in on "due process" and it is very important that procedures are followed correctly. What always raises my blood pressure is the array of lawyers who flock to these high profile cases with the sole intention of making a name for themselves. How any American can defend this guy is beyond me. I t seems to me they are less concerned with justice and more concerned with their legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Make him give Rosie O'donnel a sponge bath with his tongue, that'll teach him.

You, my friend, are a sick man![laugh]

I am totally in on "due process" and it is very important that procedures are followed correctly. What always raises my blood pressure is the array of lawyers who flock to these high profile cases with the sole intention of making a name for themselves. How any American can defend this guy is beyond me. I t seems to me they are less concerned with justice and more concerned with their legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

You, my friend, are a sick man![laugh]

Actually people willing to defend him is VERY American.

If the Muslims' of the world object to his execution just send them pictures of Daniel Pearl getting his head cut off or any of the other horrific things they have thought of and done. Our practice of a quick and painless death for the guilty is over rated and I could think of some ways to execute which would be a deterrent.

If the Muslims' of the world object to his execution just send them pictures of Daniel Pearl getting his head cut off or any of the other horrific things they have thought of and done. Our practice of a quick and painless death for the guilty is over rated and I could think of some ways to execute which would be a deterrent.

Brilliant. Because what we should do is justify our system of punishment by holding it up to the standard set by of Islamic fanatics. Of course.

I'll quickly concede Weebles.. I really don't believe we should lower our standards to those of any country or religion. It's one of the things that makes us the greatest nation in the world.

Actually people willing to defend him is VERY American.

It is not the willingness that offends me but rather the reasoning and ulterior motives that do. I agree he has a right to a defense, but not to an atty. trying to find a loophole to get him a break and themselves some glory. JMO

It is not the willingness that offends me but rather the reasoning and ulterior motives that do. I agree he has a right to a defense, but not to an atty. trying to find a loophole to get him a break and themselves some glory. JMO

That is also very American.

Brilliant. Because what we should do is justify our system of punishment by holding it up to the standard set by of Islamic fanatics. Of course.

Quoted for truth. Let's all rail against the Islamic society and then emulate it, what's the word I'm looking for? Hypocrisy ..
I'm with Mr. Weebles and some others here, I'm not a big fan of the death penalty, not a proven deterrent and how many people on death row have later been exonerated via DNA evidence or other evidence not there at the original trial? No big deal you may say, but what if it was you or a loved one railroaded into a false conviction? THEN it's a problem. I'm not willing to sacrifice my family to a DA looking to make his bones

The same DAs and AGs that we love to hate should somehow become infallible or less corrupt when a capitol murder charge is levied? Sorry, I don't have that much faith in the criminal justice system to put them in charge of life and death matters. Hell, I don't trust them to take my trash to the curb.

I think if we sentenced him to devoured by pigs while still alive, it might act as a deterrent for the next ass hat. Didn't something like that happen in the South Pacific a long time ago?

Went through all 8 pages to make sure this wasn't a dupe:

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be taken out to a field........strap a hand grenade between his knees and duct tape his legs together......get a rope long enough so all the victims and relatives of those that died can get a hand on it.......clip the rope to the pin.......on a count of three everybody yank on the rope......then wave good-by......then he can serve his life sentence in prison the same way he imposed that sentence on many of his victims.....without legs.

As much as I would like this "person" to be hung by the town circle I do not think that getting a injection and going to sleep is all that great. The rest of his life in a isolated jail cell seems like it would be more torture then going nighty night.

I dunno interesting topic. Frankly though if the gov wants to make crime rates go down then this "person" should be executed in public. Same for rapist's and murderers IMO

There are a whole boatload of politicians I would rather see hanging in the park for treason before this slime bag but since that wont happen any time soon Ill settle for him.

Back
Top Bottom