• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it time to bring back public executions

As much as I would like this "person" to be hung by the town circle I do not think that getting a injection and going to sleep is all that great. The rest of his life in a isolated jail cell seems like it would be more torture then going nighty night.

I dunno interesting topic. Frankly though if the gov wants to make crime rates go down then this "person" should be executed in public. Same for rapist's and murderers IMO

Once tried & convicted by our justice system, I would like to see a firing squad personally. Of course I only wish for that AFTER tried & convicted.

If he doesn't get the death penalty, he should be put in general population. I'm sure they could keep him on the brink of death for several years at least.

I think if we sentenced him to devoured by pigs while still alive, it might act as a deterrent for the next ass hat. Didn't something like that happen in the South Pacific a long time ago?

Laughable. We still have people in the hospital with blown off limbs and burying others and these liberal lawyers are flocking to the poor defenseless bomber. Same with gitmo. I am tired of this. Victims get shit on and the terrorists get coddled. Look at the fort hood shooter. Still no trial, shot dozens of people, hated Christians ( hate crime???) and we are arguing about cutting his beard for trial. I get tired of hearing we have to be better than they are? This is better having a media circus trial which reopened he wounds of the people and families he hurt and killed?? I saw one in the chest and two in the head and be done with it. Vigalante justice but at least people would be able to move on wih heir lives

If true that he was basically following big brothers lead, it doesn't sound like he is a very strong willed person. Prison, specifically solitary, would be very tough on him I suspect. I am fine with that kind of suffering for him but I would still prefer a public execution. If we can't execute him maybe they can just see to it he spends time in the general population!

First, who's paying for this elite lawyer? Does she get the same amount of a standard public defender?

Second, I am all for the death penalty if convicted with 100% certainty that he committed the crime. I've softened a little bit on my stance with recent events with DNA testing and people wrongfully convicted. IF he gets life in orison, more $ out of our pocket.

First, who's paying for this elite lawyer? Does she get the same amount of a standard public defender?

Second, I am all for the death penalty if convicted with 100% certainty that he committed the crime. I've softened a little bit on my stance with recent events with DNA testing and people wrongfully convicted. IF he gets life in orison, more $ out of our pocket.

The bold is just not true. If he gets the death penalty you can expect years and years of appeals on all the tax payers dime. Those lawyers are the one's who make the money.

Last edited:
Public executions take on a carnival atmosphere and the deterrent effect is negligible. You want cruel and unusual punishment? Fine as long is it is the other guy and not you. With all the .gov haters I see posting on this forum, who like to wrap themselves around the Bill of Rights then think it's perfectly fine to ignore the 8th Amendment. The hypocrisy on NES never ceases to amaze me. To those who say: "we'll, this is different. " No it's not. Actually life without parole in Supermax at Florence would be worse than death IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was never facing the death penalty. Massachusetts will not re-institute it.
Personally I'd rather see the victims have a go at him with baseball bats.

He's facing federal charges which will include the death penalty

Laughable. We still have people in the hospital with blown off limbs and burying others and these liberal lawyers are flocking to the poor defenseless bomber. Same with gitmo. I am tired of this. Victims get shit on and the terrorists get coddled. Look at the fort hood shooter. Still no trial, shot dozens of people, hated Christians ( hate crime???) and we are arguing about cutting his beard for trial. I get tired of hearing we have to be better than they are? This is better having a media circus trial which reopened he wounds of the people and families he hurt and killed?? I saw one in the chest and two in the head and be done with it. Vigalante justice but at least people would be able to move on wih heir lives

That Fort Hood bastard still gets paid almost $6000 a month too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Public executions would be the best thing this country had seen since....public executions.

I disagree -- that's the easy way out.

How about forced hard labor while in prison, and truth-in-sentencing (e.g. 20 years = 20 years, Life = Life, etc).

No, that's the risk of having the justice system that we have, which I would like to have for myself if ever accused of a crime.

Exactly.

The bold is just not true. If he gets the death penalty you can expect years and years of appeals on all the tax payers dime. Those lawyers are the one's who make the money.

Good point.

By no means am I against our system of justice as outlined in the constitution. I am leery of it being manipulated and abused.

Last edited:

He's facing federal charges. Massachusetts not having the death penalty does not matter. If the federal government wants it, they'll get it.

It will be interesting to see of the Obama administration dares execute a muslim. As we have seen, threats of violence are very effective in modifying behavior, and threats do make people behave the way those doing the threatening wish - just ask any reporter to has ever tried to get a cartoon of the prophet past their editorial board.

Yes he is facing the death penalty because he is being charged by the Feds, and capital punishment is still on the books with them.

Last edited:
Hopefully after being tried & convicted and maybe sent to prison for life, the 19 year old piece of shit suffers a long, agonizing death. That would make me very happy.

Back
Top Bottom