is it really just guns

Was watching the news today and they were talking about how two local kids had drowned in swimming pools. The next thing was some tips that could have saved their lives and that every pool owner needs to do.

Now obviously it wasn't met with the vitriol of an anti gun campaign. But I'm beginning to think it's not about guns it's about controlling people. I mean first off how about acknowledging the tragedy for what it is. A horrible set of accidents that killed two children. Second why do they instantly assume that because two people were killed no one with a pool knows how to use one now.

The add ran on ABC news I didn't watch the segment but I'm going to assume it was stupid and full of misinformation quite similar to the anti gun crap they spew.

Maybe I'm off my rocker and need to switch my tinfoil hat because this one got too much government gamma. But soon they'll be teaching us how to tie our shoes again on the frigging news it feels like

It's all about making the world safer for people who don't exercise caution or (or watch their kids). That said, pools are a much bigger killer of kids than guns.

Perhaps doctors should start asking kids if they have a pool. Or access to a pool at a friends? Do they know how to swim? In a risk based world, vastly more relevant than firearms.

People who refuse to exercise caution and common sense deserve to die. It's nature's way of thinning the herd of stupid people. Since most of these dummies are progressives, it would make the world a better place if we stop warning people of obvious dangers and cease trying to instill common sense into them immediately!

Last edited:
I heard on the MSM that the number of mass drownings are up (yeah, not really.) We need to ban high capacity pools.

It has always been about control. It is just one of the controls they want to make getting control of the other facets easier.

Was watching the news today and they were talking about how two local kids had drowned in swimming pools. The next thing was some tips that could have saved their lives and that every pool owner needs to do.

Now obviously it wasn't met with the vitriol of an anti gun campaign. But I'm beginning to think it's not about guns it's about controlling people. I mean first off how about acknowledging the tragedy for what it is. A horrible set of accidents that killed two children. Second why do they instantly assume that because two people were killed no one with a pool knows how to use one now.

The add ran on ABC news I didn't watch the segment but I'm going to assume it was stupid and full of misinformation quite similar to the anti gun crap they spew.

Maybe I'm off my rocker and need to switch my tinfoil hat because this one got too much government gamma. But soon they'll be teaching us how to tie our shoes again on the frigging news it feels like

Of course, it's not about guns, it's about wanting to solve all of life's problems by government regulations. People are too stupid to live on their own, they need every aspect of their lives dictated and controlled by government.

People who refuse to exercise caution and common sense deserve to die. It's nature's way of thinning the herd of stupid people. Since most of these dummies are progressives, it would make the world a better place if we stop warning people of obvious dangers and cease trying to instill common sense into them immediately!

When I was in engineering school we had a guy from CPSC (?) (consumer product safety) come and lecture us about lawn mower accidents - he was describing all the accidents in great detail - basically people being stupid and getting punished.

It's the engineer's job to try to think of every possible stupid thing people will do with your product, and somehow prevent that. Or else pay millions to some lawyer.

Little harsh there bud. I don't think the 4 year olds deserve to die because of the ignorance of others. Simply put, yes, more kids drown then death by gun fire. If you or others want, Have a short read. Enjoy.

http://www.gunfacts.info

Had the 'utes had guns they might still be alive.
Signal shots can be effective attention-getters...

Lol Idk maybe I was just naive and never paid attention as a kid. But it just seems like fear mongering amongst the masses

Back
Top Bottom