Is it normal for brand new G19 mags (10 rd) to barely accept the 10th rd?

sbi

And the mag hardly goes in the gun and it is almost impossible to pull the slide and cock the fun with 10 rounds.

Buy an Up-Lula Mag loader, makes loading fast and easy, best thing since sliced bread.

Normal for the last round to be hard to get in. Also loading a full magazine can take a good push. Racking the slide should not be any harder than normal. The recoil spring is probably just tight, it will break in. Try locking the slide back, insert the magazine and then drop the slide. This will be easy.

any new mag need some time to work the spring - need constant loading and unloading of mag to break in the spring...

do you need more than 7?

Martha and the shitty state I live in already limit me, so I want to take advantage of what they "allow" me to use. So yes, I want to be able to use the 10 [wink]

Load 'em up and let them sit a couple of weeks loaded. It will loosed up the spring. That or just run lots of rounds through.

And the mag hardly goes in the gun and it is almost impossible to pull the slide and cock the fun with 10 rounds.

Yes. Load them up to 10 and leave them that way for as long as you can. It will help a little. On the bigger calibers (eg, .45) not so much, though.

-Mike

Yes this^^^ after a few days of leaving it fully loaded. Now, it's a piece of cake to load them up.

Yes. Manufacturers are scared that if they manufactured a magazine for 10 rounds with the normal tolerances, someone would force an 11th round into the mag and all hell would break loose.

Yes. Manufacturers are scared that if they manufactured a magazine for 10 rounds with the normal tolerances, someone would force an 11th round into the mag and all hell would break loose.

Depends on the manufacturer. HK seems to give more "wiggle room" in their cripplemags than most, but one would hope so, for the rape level prices they get when selling them. [laugh]

-Mike

It would be the end of society as we know it...

:)

I don't know about 10 round mags for G19s but the 10 round mags for G30s are tough to load to 10 and can be hard to seat. The odd part is I don't have these problems when I'm using the 13 round G21 mags. they load 13 easily and have no problems seating in the G30.

Back
Top Bottom