• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it just me, or do you also hate wading through all of the dealer ads, to get to the private seller guns for sale too.

Definitely irritating, but I wouldn't waste any keyboard strokes complaining unless it makes you feel better just to complain. My dog still barks at the UPS truck but I learned to stop barking about misplaced dealer ads a long time ago. [laugh]

Any reason why you would rather buy from a dude than a dealer?

I'm with ya... maybe they should stick to their own territory. Or maybe a simple check-box system "for sale by owner, for sale by dealer" etc.

While I do agree, and I’m not a big classifieds guy myself (too many mass listings) but do occasionally browse, I believe the logic is that dealers also pay for regular membership which entitles them to post there just the same as you or I. Fair is fair, no?

Any reason why you would rather buy from a dude than a dealer?

I'm with ya... maybe they should stick to their own territory. Or maybe a simple check-box system "for sale by owner, for sale by dealer" etc.
I don't mind buying from dealers. Been buying from them for decades. When I look through the dealer section, I don't want to wade through private sellers either. Don't want to see primers for sale in the handgun section either.

Until the mods delete your ads or give you a time out. Then what would do. Probably put your ads where they belong right?

Its really not that big of a deal.

Dealers pay a premium to be here, so let them post ads where they want.. It is literally like this on EVERY board I go to, whether it's knives, motorcycles or survival food.

I mean if this is what has been eating at you for so long, you lead a great life because this doesn't even register on my give a F meter.

Just skim over them, it's not that hard and takes up 4 seconds....It's what I do. I mean seriously.. You said it's a pain in the ass to skim over 9 ads by dealers, really ?

It’s simply a matter of posting in the appropriate section. Why even bother with having a dealer section otherwise?

The owner of this site is a NH resident like yourself, so I'm sure you will understand freedom unlike us peons in Massachusetts.

So the dealers are able to post anywhere due to freedom !

The classifieds are a comic strip right now with the insane listings. I.E. people listing a half of a box of old ammo for ridiculous money or a used shotgun that's available new at stores right now and they want double the money for it. I'm personally glad dealers are mixed in so people who are starstruck by last years shortages and apparently don't go to gun shops can see what items are available and actually cost.

The owner of this site is a NH resident like yourself, so I'm sure you will understand freedom unlike us peons in Massachusetts.

So the dealers are able to post anywhere due to freedom !
So you're saying the dealer section is only a suggestion to the dealers, rather than the correct place to post their guns for sale?

Back
Top Bottom