• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it go time?

Best way to find out if it's go time or not is to put on your best combat gear, grab your personal weapon and walk out into your front yard. If you see your neighbors similarly equipped standing in their front yards too then it is indeed go time.
But if you don't see them get your ass back inside the house quick before someone calls the swat team down on you.

Best way to find out if it's go time or not is to put on your best combat gear, grab your personal weapon and walk out into your front yard. If you see your neighbors similarly equipped standing in their front yards too then it is indeed go time.
But if you don't see them get your ass back inside the house quick before someone calls the swat team down on you.
Unfortunately in my neighborhood, with a few exceptions, they are more likely to be standing in their front yards waiting for Uncle Joe to tell them what to do next...

I'm in your area and yesterday there was a pair of helicopters (looked similar to the ones that zigzagged over Boston before the marathons) going back and forth over my place pretty low during the afternoon. It was strange enough that I went on flight tracker to try to figure out who they were but didn't have much luck figuring it out.
I live in Braintree and yesterday two identical choppers, in tandem, flew fairly low, almost directly over my house. I waved at them, but didn't have my glasses on so couldn't really get much detail, but they were close enough for me to tell that they were completely identical, not typical (not news choppers, but looked fairly distinctive), and were not marked military helicopters. It was definitely very unusual.

LOL. What about my comment makes you think I am offended? I do think you may need to switch to decaf though.

LOL I assumed you were since you took the time to quote my post and tell me it was redundant rather than just ignore it. Either way we can both just carry on.
I believe he was agreeing with you. Redundant as in ‘white’ ‘male’ ‘anything we say’ = racist = redundant. You just missed the sarcasm.

That was pretty neat. That guy is either a terrible shot or had a shitty rifle. As an aside, while I was never in the military, when I was in ROTC we got a ride in I think an Iroquois one time, sitting sideways out the open door at the old Fort Devens. The pilot was turning the helicopter back and forth so that we were periodically looking pretty straight down, and we startled a deer that started running, and I realized counterintuitively that it is very easy to shoot something out of a helicopter even when moving as the ground smoothly glides by, not choppy at all.

List all of the times Austria has won a World War, if it’s more than The US score then I’ll start listening to someone who was never educated in our society.
Austria’s good victories in wars were defeating the Ottomans twice, preventing a Muslim invasion of Europe.
Of course looking at the currently ongoing Muslim invasion of Europe those past victories are moot.

I believe he was agreeing with you. Redundant as in ‘white’ ‘male’ ‘anything we say’ = racist = redundant. You just missed the sarcasm.
IDK I read “Redundant” as unnecessary, like I was being scolded. Either way he could have told me that it was sarcasm, and I would have apologized

IDK I read “Redundant” as unnecessary, like I was being scolded. Either way he could have told me that it was sarcasm, and I would have apologized

You just read it wrong. Happens to me all the time. Especially with the level of sarcasm on here sometimes I end up not posting because I’m not even sure.

Ok, so tentatively, let's set it up for 10am, Oct 11th, assuming no rain or winter storm, and be home by 2pm.

I really have to find something better to do with my time. But this is entertaining for the moment.
Will there be lunch or do I have to bring my own?

You just read it wrong. Happens to me all the time. Especially with the level of sarcasm on here sometimes I end up not posting because I’m not even sure.
Well I apologize to the guy then. I’m so used to people getting offended I just shoot back from the hip. I mean it’s sorta fair I assumed that since there are enough undercover liberals here. My bad

Counted 6 Slicks over Lowell (Heading NE) on Aug 11th. 5 slicks over Burlington Aug 12th (Headed South)...

Those 5 over Burlington came from Hanscom. I am right on the flight line. My windows were shaking and I went outside and there were 5 copters heading roughly towards Burlington. Never seen 5 at one time like that.

Those 5 over Burlington came from Hanscom. I am right on the flight line. My windows were shaking and I went outside and there were 5 copters heading roughly towards Burlington. Never seen 5 at one time like that.
Reminded me of this... but with Blackhawks and no loaches...

They were flying low too. Heart-poundingly low. I loved it...

Last edited:
@Robin Proctor,
Run outside with your rifle and all your kit on.
If you are the only one, it is not go time.
For some reason, I read that as "kilt" not 'kit"

iu

That was pretty neat. That guy is either a terrible shot or had a shitty rifle. As an aside, while I was never in the military, when I was in ROTC we got a ride in I think an Iroquois one time, sitting sideways out the open door at the old Fort Devens. The pilot was turning the helicopter back and forth so that we were periodically looking pretty straight down, and we startled a deer that started running, and I realized counterintuitively that it is very easy to shoot something out of a helicopter even when moving as the ground smoothly glides by, not choppy at all.

It may have seemed easy in the moment but shooting from a helo accurately takes skill and practice.

Back
Top Bottom