Is it easier for female to get unrestricted?

My GF is going to take a safety course soon, let say if she lives in a RED town, would it be easier for her to a unrestricted than most guys do?

It's like asking, "How long is a piece of string?" There are too many unknowns. If you post what town, and if there are any "reasons" that a CoP might find meaningful, you'll get better answers.

I'd say that in this current age of PC, and PD that has a strong issuance bias WRT gender is inviting a lawsuit.

My GF is going to take a safety course soon, let say if she lives in a RED town, would it be easier for her to a unrestricted than most guys do?

Not usually, that having been said, if she's ever been attacked, abused, or assaulted before and has police reports to back it up, with the right kind of dog and pony show on her license application, it might improve her odds dramatically. It depends on "how red are we talking here?". If its a place like Watertown it won't matter, she will get restricted regardless.

-Mike

We moved from a black town, with a female licensing officer... wife still couldn't get an A.

I've heard rumors of women having easier times. Hopefully this can be substantiated, because it is further evidence as to how inherently corrupt the current law is.

Mike

Not usually, that having been said, if she's ever been attacked, abused, or assaulted before and has police reports to back it up, with the right kind of dog and pony show on her license application, it might improve her odds dramatically. It depends on "how red are we talking here?". If its a place like Watertown it won't matter, she will get restricted regardless.

-Mike

My wife has a restricted LTC in lowell, the officer told her if she had been the victim of a crime she might have been considered for a non-restricted license

My girlfriend and I both called the same day to get our appointments to apply for an LTC, officer didn't answer and we had both left voice mails Her voice mail was returned, and she got an appointment within a week, then her LTC restricted ready to pick up within a month. My voice mail was never met with a returned call, it took a month of phone calls and voice mails to get in touch with him, then the only available appointment was five weeks away. After the appointment I had to wait another four weeks to get a phone call from his assistant telling me I needed to call the officer to set up another appointment to pick up my restricted LTC. So then it was another month to get in touch with him, then another month before I could pick up my LTC. We both got restricted in a red town, and both started the process on the same day. Her total time was just over a month, mine was almost six months.

Not from what I've seen. Friend's daughter got a Class B from her town. She's since moved to another "red" town, but won't need to renew for a couple of years.

The whole licensing scheme is just plain dumb.

I doubt that it would play in a woman's favor unless she's been a crime victim in the past.

Scriv told me of one town where the police chief wouldn't even accept any application from a woman unless she came in with her father/SO!! I find that abhorrent and yes it is illegal, but I'm not going to doubt Scriv's word on it. [This was probably 7-8 years ago, no idea if still true or not . . . hope not.]

An unsolicited discussion with my police chief one day many years ago where he admitted that he was very reluctant to give an unrestricted LTC-A to a woman and suggested that she carry openly in the woods instead. I told him that he was crazy and would get "woman with a gun calls" up the ying-yang to respond to. Woman in question was also a town official, very well known and respected.

So there may still be some serious sexual inequality out there wrt how chiefs view this and not necessarily in a woman's favor.

My wife and I went through the exact same process in our town when we applied. My guess is that any and all differences in procedure are more idiosyncratic to the town and its issuing staff than to a particular bias.

I doubt that it would play in a woman's favor unless she's been a crime victim in the past.

Scriv told me of one town where the police chief wouldn't even accept any application from a woman unless she came in with her father/SO!! I find that abhorrent and yes it is illegal, but I'm not going to doubt Scriv's word on it. [This was probably 7-8 years ago, no idea if still true or not . . . hope not.]

An unsolicited discussion with my police chief one day many years ago where he admitted that he was very reluctant to give an unrestricted LTC-A to a woman and suggested that she carry openly in the woods instead. I told him that he was crazy and would get "woman with a gun calls" up the ying-yang to respond to. Woman in question was also a town official, very well known and respected.

So there may still be some serious sexual inequality out there wrt how chiefs view this and not necessarily in a woman's favor.

I'm confident that if you had 10 men throughout the state open carrying, and 10 women, all who look like your average Joe or Jane, there would be MANY more calls about the men than the women.

Mike

It's really ridiculous that this varies so much from town to town when you are licensed to carry throughout the entire state.

Back
Top Bottom