• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it bad that I want to write a snippy response to this?

StevieP

NES Member
I have WBZ channel 4 on my facebook feed.

Their latest post:
"Police, city still investigating what led to boy's fatal fall off Dorchester building.
Read more -> http://cbsloc.al/1oNQpbc "

Is it bad that I want to write: "Gravity. It was GRAVITY led to him falling to his death, instead of floating into the stratosphere."

I mean, they lobbed a softball right over the plate!

I feel horrible for all involved, but how the Hell does someone not watch a 2 year-old for long enough that he'd get up on the roof and either jump or fall to his death?

I have WBZ channel 4 on my facebook feed.

Their latest post:
"Police, city still investigating what led to boy's fatal fall off Dorchester building.
Read more -> http://cbsloc.al/1oNQpbc "

Is it bad that I want to write: "Gravity. It was GRAVITY led to him falling to his death, instead of floating into the stratosphere."

I mean, they lobbed a softball right over the plate!

I feel horrible for all involved, but how the Hell does someone not watch a 2 year-old for long enough that he'd get up on the roof and either jump or fall to his death?

The sad part is may have been with an older sibling. There are a lot of people who would leave a 6 yr old to watch a 2 yr old

I saw this on the news this morning. This was a licensed daycare center, on the first floor of a four story building. The mother had pictures of the little boy that were sent to her phone just a short time before she got the call that he fell off the roof.

It is mind boggling how that could have happened.

They showed a photo of the 'licensed' daycare provider being led to the squad car. It looked like she was in her pajamas.

I have a feeling that getting a daycare license is about as hard as getting a fortune-teller's license.

I think the key part you missed was "Police, city still investigating what led to boy's fatal fall off Dorchester building.

What led to the fall, not the questioning Newton's law of universal gravitation. I would say the comment would be a bit tasteless given that 4yr fell to his death but to each their own.

Last edited:
I think the key part you missed was "Police, city still investigating what led to boy's fatal fall off Dorchester building.

What led to the fall, not the questioning Newton's law of universal gravitation. I would say your comment was a bit tasteless given that 4yr fell to his death but to each their own.

Uhh. I said I 'wanted' to write a snippy comment. I didn't (other than here). Important distinction about "what led" to the fall. Thank you for the correction. And he was two (not that it matters. still a sad story).

The mom said on the news this morning that the door to the roof was locked, and only the building maintenance guys had keys.

Daycare shouldn't be licensed. You should simply know the person you are entrusting to help raise your children.

You can't watch kids all the time. Plenty of kids die every year because of stupid things they do. It's not negligence, it's life.

Its a sad story in many ways.
probably very few of us NESers were cursed w parents of such low caliber.
so many kids have the cards stacked against them even from the getgo.
i am not suggesting more ebt cards or handouts, but i do believe in compassion and understanding no matter how different another human may be.

I saw this on the news this morning. This was a licensed daycare center, on the first floor of a four story building. The mother had pictures of the little boy that were sent to her phone just a short time before she got the call that he fell off the roof.

It is mind boggling how that could have happened.

They showed a photo of the 'licensed' daycare provider being led to the squad car. It looked like she was in her pajamas.

I have a feeling that getting a daycare license is about as hard as getting a fortune-teller's license.

I beg your pardon? Jack.

Back
Top Bottom