• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is Hellcat no longer MA Compliant??

I was talking to someone at Bass Pro and they told me that the Hellcat is no longer MA Compliant and it was removed from the registry. He said gun stores are returning them, yet I saw two new posts on social media from two different LGS saying they just received some in stock. Was this guy at Bass Pro nuts, or does he know something everyone else doesn't?

I was talking to someone at Bass Pro and they told me that the Hellcat is no longer MA Compliant and it was removed from the registry. He said gun stores are returning them, yet I saw two new posts on social media from two different LGS saying they just received some in stock. Was this guy at Bass Pro nuts, or does he know something everyone else doesn't?
When people don't know they tend to lie. I'm sure there is a technical term but I don't know it. example I'll ask for permission to metal detecting on a town land and they dufus at town hall will tell me it is illegal. it isn't but saying you can't do something is safer to them than saying you can.

Who listens to the guy at basspro?

Not meant to be rude. Serious question
This. Might as well call the local PD and ask them. They guys at BP know shit about anything. They know their store rules and that’s it. The little older eyetalian guy is the worst. I have overheard some seriously disturbing conversations w noobs buying their first guns there.

If it's on the list it never gets removed. Now distributors or manufacturers going full retard because they changed one tiny part on the gun, that's a whole different ballgame. Even with that theres shitloads of dealers that will obey the list and not some chicken little distributor or a shitty lawyer from a gun manufacturer....

Protip: stop buying guns from box stores.

OP, this same thing happened with ruger 22s years ago. They changed a tiny part in the mk3 and ruger + distributors shit their pants over it. EOPS refused to remove the guns from the roster. 🤣

If it's on the list it never gets removed. Now distributors or manufacturers going full retard because they changed one tiny part on the gun, that's a whole different ballgame. Even with that theres shitloads of dealers that will obey the list and not some chicken little distributor or a shitty lawyer from a gun manufacturer....

Protip: stop buying guns from box stores.
It's also possible that there are like 4 SKUs of which 1 is accepted and BassPro ordered a different SKU then freaked out when they realized it.

It's also possible that there are like 4 SKUs of which 1 is accepted and BassPro ordered a different SKU then freaked out when they realized it.

Under the "substantially similar" clause they're probably all legal, but pant shitter box stores won't take that risk, regardless of how tiny it is.

This made no sense to me when he said it. I pushed back and said why is it on the approved list and he said it was removed. For some reason I can't find the 2023 list online, only the 2022 and for the record, I was there for fishing and always stop by the gun counter to chat. Need to rethink that strategy moving forward.

This made no sense to me when he said it. I pushed back and said why is it on the approved list and he said it was removed. For some reason I can't find the 2023 list online, only the 2022 and for the record, I was there for fishing and always stop by the gun counter to chat. Need to rethink that strategy moving forward.
I've never heard of a single handgun ever being removed from the roster. Distributors and some dealers like the big packs of pacifiers/binkies/diapers handed out by the manufacturers annointing a gun as being "MA legal for sale", that's a whole other thing vs wether or not it's legal on the ground in the real world.

Shop local…

Shop local…

This. I’ve never bought a gun from a big box store and don’t plan to.

Yes it does. I just googled the model numbers on the rosters and both are Hellcats. WOW, what an embarrassment for for that company telling people stuff that is so wrong.

And thanks for the links.
After being here for a while, you learn to take what gunshop employees and cops say in regards to firearms laws with a grain of salt!

thats like taking repair advice from a autozone cashier

Back
Top Bottom