• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is he still your President?

So they IRS and the NY Revenue Dept. missed this double dipping?
Let me ask you this, if Obama admitted doing this, would you think he should be in jail?

Donald Trump Used Legally Dubious Method to Avoid Paying Taxes

I find it funny the stuff that a lot of people do get worked up about and the stuff that they seem to ignore. The Clintons taking donations to their charitable foundation while in office bothered me and Trump collecting money from people trying to buy his favor bothers me too. Not more, not less.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...030f822fc35_story.html?utm_term=.daea43945abd
President Trump’s money-making power is as unprecedented as his words

Trump is awesome. Don't listen to what he says find out what he does. Hint you aren't going to find out from the fake news.
He owns the bumpstock ban, it's all him. that's not fake news.
It's a dangerous, irrational and irresponsible precedent.
For he next two years we are going to have a deluge of anti-legislation submitted and looks like all it takes is a shooting or two for Trump to roll over on the right to bear arms and "the due process".
I am glad that so far Trump has turned out to have policy which is more far conservative than I expected, and he's been making due on the majority of his campaign promises. HOWEVER his speech at the NRA Convention where he claimed that the assault on the 2nd Amendment was over, was a crock of bull. We will see how he deals with having an adversarial house and the gruesome-twosome (Chuck and Nancy) to brawl with.
The only consolation is possibility of holding the line or taking ground back via the Supreme Court. If we get another justice this year, my sphincter might just unpucker for a minute.
Until then buy ammo and don't drop the soap.

I honestly think that was him trolling swinestine, imo the bump stock BS is far more troubling, the nra conned him into that shit and he fell for it....

Can't really blame Trump for not getting the finer points of the bump stock if the NRA conned him into it. He's as 2A friendly as we're going to get but it's not his life's passion either. If the NRA was against it and Trump supported it then maybe I'd hold him a little more accountable but if the NRA isn't going to fight for it I'm not going to blame the President for not fighting for it. Gorsuch & Kavanaugh.

Bumpstocks are all around stupid anyway. We should be allowed to have them 'cause freedom. But they don't do anything useful and everyone was surprised they were initially allowed. I still don't trust the NRA as not being saboteurs, but if bumpstock ban was all that comes out of whatever the f*** Vegas was I'm OK with that(for now.)

Let me ask you this, if Obama admitted doing this, would you think he should be in jail?

Donald Trump Used Legally Dubious Method to Avoid Paying Taxes

I find it funny the stuff that a lot of people do get worked up about and the stuff that they seem to ignore. The Clintons taking donations to their charitable foundation while in office bothered me and Trump collecting money from people trying to buy his favor bothers me too. Not more, not less.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...030f822fc35_story.html?utm_term=.daea43945abd
President Trump’s money-making power is as unprecedented as his words
So you'd rather Trump paid the money to the IRS or the NY State Revenue? There was an article in the WSJ a few months ago detailing this and it started with Daddy Trump many years ago with a wink, wink from NYC because he was building and renovating in NYC. The Trumps are/were developers and you don't get anything done in big cities unless you grease palms. The Washington Post and Bezos are never Trumpers so anything they publish regarding the President is suspect. Obama never worked a real job in his life and the Clintons are professional Pols and grifters.

Can't really blame Trump for not getting the finer points of the bump stock if the NRA conned him into it. He's as 2A friendly as we're going to get but it's not his life's passion either. If the NRA was against it and Trump supported it then maybe I'd hold him a little more accountable but if the NRA isn't going to fight for it I'm not going to blame the President for not fighting for it. Gorsuch & Kavanaugh.

This. Guns aren't his thing personally, he doesn't get the finer points and he has said some dumb sh!t off the cuff which his advisers straightened out later. He still doesn't quite grasp how important supporting 2A is to his base.

This. Guns aren't his thing personally, he doesn't get the finer points and he has said some dumb sh!t off the cuff which his advisers straightened out later. He still doesn't quite grasp how important supporting 2A is to his base.

I think he understands, but I also think he understands that his base doesn't consist exclusively of Molon Labe types. I'd say he's generally supportive of the 2A but I think he'd trade an AWB for a 2,000 mile concrete wall, making a deal w/ China & and Mueller's head on a platter.

Bumpstocks are all around stupid anyway. We should be allowed to have them 'cause freedom. But they don't do anything useful and everyone was surprised they were initially allowed. I still don't trust the NRA as not being saboteurs, but if bumpstock ban was all that comes out of whatever the f*** Vegas was I'm OK with that(for now.)
It's not about bumpstocks, it's about the illegal ban of a device that contradicts a well established technical definition with no new legislation. Remember when Maura decided to change her interpretation of a technical definition?
Bumpstocks don't make guns into machine guns as defined by the law therefore it is not a surprise to a rational person. Just because something subjectively resembles something doesn't make it the same thing. Technical definitions are not open to subjective interpretation, they must be objectively evaluated. Bumpstock have been evaluated exhaustively, they aren't machine guns.

They are coming for all semi-automatic guns. The bumpstock-ban opens up yet another bureaucratic approach and should not be callously disregarded.
You can blame the NRA, but Trump signed the papers.

So you'd rather Trump paid the money to the IRS or the NY State Revenue? There was an article in the WSJ a few months ago detailing this and it started with Daddy Trump many years ago with a wink, wink from NYC because he was building and renovating in NYC. The Trumps are/were developers and you don't get anything done in big cities unless you grease palms. The Washington Post and Bezos are never Trumpers so anything they publish regarding the President is suspect. Obama never worked a real job in his life and the Clintons are professional Pols and grifters.

So, greasing palms to turn a huge profit is not grifting? Or you are just ok with it when people you like do it?

Obama taught college for over a decade and then worked in a law firm for eight or so years. That sounds more like working for a living than anything Trump has done in his lifetime.

As for the Washington Post, regarding this story, are you saying they are making it up? Because Trump's own people admit it is happening, they are just saying it is not illegal. Trump admin says Trump can profit from foreign hotel guests - CNNPolitics

Just as it was not illegal to donate to the Clinton Foundation.

It's not about bumpstocks, it's about the illegal ban of a device that contradicts a well established technical definition with no new legislation. Remember when Maura decided to change her interpretation of a technical definition?
Bumpstocks don't make guns into machine guns as defined by the law therefore it is not a surprise to a rational person. Just because something subjectively resembles something doesn't make it the same thing. Technical definitions are not open to subjective interpretation, they must be objectively evaluated. Bumpstock have been evaluated exhaustively, they aren't machine guns.

They are coming for all semi-automatic guns. The bumpstock-ban opens up yet another bureaucratic approach and should not be callously disregarded.
You can blame the NRA, but Trump signed the papers.
Who nationally is better than Trump on guns? I always preach that culture matters. Why? well for example culturally a bumpstock is a machinegun, technical gobbleygook about levers and switches and the law, mean nothing in this current culture. Who is moving the culture back our way? Trump is. Note the screeching, what doth they protest, culture.

Who nationally is better than Trump on guns? I always preach that culture matters. Why? well for example culturally a bumpstock is a machinegun, technical gobbleygook about levers and switches and the law, mean nothing in this current culture. Who is moving the culture back our way? Trump is. Note the screeching, what doth they protest, culture.
Cool story. I hope you feel the same way when some some person or group with a "culture" that you disagree with has power to arbitrarily warp the language of the law based on their whims. Trump will be gone in 2 or 6 years and so far the left's response has NOT been moderation so be careful what you wish for.

So, greasing palms to turn a huge profit is not grifting? Or you are just ok with it when people you like do it?

Obama taught college for over a decade and then worked in a law firm for eight or so years. That sounds more like working for a living than anything Trump has done in his lifetime.

As for the Washington Post, regarding this story, are you saying they are making it up? Because Trump's own people admit it is happening, they are just saying it is not illegal. Trump admin says Trump can profit from foreign hotel guests - CNNPolitics

You sound like my wife. "Trump did it tooooooo."

It's a question of degree. You're comparing arguably corrupt but nevertheless legal Gotham City business practices with selling uranium to the Russkies for a $100 million payoff and a Marxist community organizer dreaming of Cloward-Pivening the entire country.

We need a sub-forum for Liberalz With Gunz.

You sound like my wife. "Trump did it tooooooo."

It's a question of degree. You're comparing arguably corrupt but nevertheless legal Gotham City business practices with selling uranium to the Russkies for a $100 million payoff and a Marxist community organizer dreaming of Cloward-Pivening the entire country.

We need a sub-forum for Liberalz With Gunz.

Anywhere but here I am called an extreme conservative. Thinking Trump is an ass is not equivalent to being a liberal. And no, I don't approve of what Hillary or Obama have done and never voted for any of them. What I find funny is how irate people do get about what the libs have done and chants of lock her up etc, but give a pass to a republican doing the same thing. I don't want to give a pass to any of them. I am pissed at all of them and the whole Trump is on our side and Trump is the best thing to ever happen to us just rings hollow. He is out for his own profit and in my opinion even more so than the others. So I agree with you on it being a matter of degrees, I just think the slope goes the other way. I am not enough of a hypocrite to hold one side accountable but not the other.

And the uranium deal was about as fake as news gets. Which is to say there was a grain of truth, but a lot less than there is in the corruption Trump is out right proud of and bragging about.

Hillary Clinton, Russia and uranium story comes back to life

Part of it though is he runs under the assumption that the NRA represents the base, and he sucked for it when they asked him to do that... but that is what happens when the NRA is (seemingly) the only voice in the room in terms of lobbying etc. Then again I also get the distinct impression that if someone like Alan Gottlieb wanted a sit down with Trump it would be hard to come by...

-Mike

I don't doubt that. :)

Have to admit, this place has got so much worse in the last five decades. It is fun when neighbor sees me loading car "what's in the ammo boxes?" I shrug, "ammo." For the most part the PD are pretty good. When I had windows replaced it was three local firefighters and one police office doing the work. Cop said do you know there is a machete in your pantry? Of course I do, why, where do you keep yours? I keep mine by the bed, he said. I told him I keep a .357 by the bed, the machete is in the pantry so I have a justification to use it. Smart he said while nodding.

Cool story. I hope you feel the same way when some some person or group with a "culture" that you disagree with has power to arbitrarily warp the language of the law based on their whims. Trump will be gone in 2 or 6 years and so far the left's response has NOT been moderation so be careful what you wish for.
That's just it they already have and use the power to arbitrarily warp language to their whims. Funny gun people are all 'law autistic' the law says so it must be, then they admit you can get jacked up within in the law in states like MA cuz gunz. That is culture, their culture, winning. We already have the 2A it is useless because we lost the culture war. I'd rather see the culture move back in our direction than see a 1,000 pro gun laws written. The law autistics subconsciously admit culture trumps all when they realize a pro gun upper court ruling will be ignored in blue states. The culture of the classic gopcucks is surrender, classic conservatives haven't conserved a single darn thing. Trump is moving the culture needle and that is why the left(and gopcucks) hate him and I love him.

He's not a politician, he's a Capitalist and a businessman. Tax evasion? I'm sure he has an Army of accountants and tax pro's who compile and file his tax returns. So you and the Dems want him to release his tax returns?
Exactly. I encourage anyone to take the LEGAL loopholes that are there. Nothing wrong with that.

Obama was the TOKEN at Harvard and everywhere else. He supposedly taught Constitutional Law but didn't understand nor believe in it. He had the most defeats in the Supreme Court of any modern day President if I remember correctly. You believe being a TOKEN college Prof. like Liawatha is a REAL job? Right, just like the WSJ story detailed, TRUMP DID NOTHING ILLEGAL in his tax filings so what's your point?

He's a businessman and a Capitalist which means your job is to make money, not give it to the govt. The Trumps were based in NYC, a liberal, Union stronghold which we all know is corrupt as hell. Boston is the minor leagues compared to NYC. Trump at the time was a private citizen, the Clintons have been in govt most of their lives, Obama was a professional community organizer. President Trump tells us he loves his country and it's citizens. Bill Clinton told you how he felt your pain while feeling you up. Bill gave speeches for inflated rates because his wife had influence in the American govt. . Obama berated us and told us we needed radical change because our country and it's citizens were all racist bigots, misogynists and homophobes and HE was going to save us. I'll take the guy who is keynote speaker at the NRA convention over the man/woman who tells us black rifles must be banned because they're weapons of war.

Sometimes greasing palms in a lot of businesses is still a requirement. If you don't do it, you will then win a large case of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, nevermind "huge profit". Not saying its right, but it is what it is. Just ask anyone who has tried to get a new liquor license in a lot of towns in MA. Friend of mine wanted to open a cigar bar on the south shore a few years ago and basically what he was told by the politician was "it could be done if you bought a new car for the police department" and other shit like that.

Soft corruption is pretty much boring at this point, it's practically become "de rigeur" in numerous parts of this country. MA is pretty much one of the leaders of that
shit, where to get anything done involving .gov you "have to know someones brothers uncle who has pull with so and so" or go up to a pol like my friend did and
ask "what is it going to take to get this done?" etc.

-Mike

Obama was the TOKEN at Harvard and everywhere else. He supposedly taught Constitutional Law but didn't understand nor believe in it. He had the most defeats in the Supreme Court of any modern day President if I remember correctly. You believe being a TOKEN college Prof. like Liawatha is a REAL job? Right, just like the WSJ story detailed, TRUMP DID NOTHING ILLEGAL in his tax filings so what's your point?

So, basically yes, it is just ok when people you like do it. Good, thanks, go it.

Have to admit, this place has got so much worse in the last five decades. It is fun when neighbor sees me loading car "what's in the ammo boxes?" I shrug, "ammo." For the most part the PD are pretty good. When I had windows replaced it was three local firefighters and one police office doing the work. Cop said do you know there is a machete in your pantry? Of course I do, why, where do you keep yours? I keep mine by the bed, he said. I told him I keep a .357 by the bed, the machete is in the pantry so I have a justification to use it. Smart he said while nodding.

Yup, my son lives in Somerville, I visit him often, doesn't seem too bad really. Not too many MAGA hats though.

Out here in Moonbatville my wife manages to leave the front door unlocked at night probably once a week. There are still people in town who never lock their doors.

Back
Top Bottom