• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is H&K the only one with an 'excessive use' disclaimer clause in the warranty?

Oh really?

Show me statistics that show that HKs are more reliable than brand X. Seriously, show me the stats.

I don't have stats but anecdotally I will say that HKs out of the box failure rate is exceptionally low compared to other
brands- but that isn't the be all end all in selecting a firearm. Not to mention admittedly its difficult to gauge this
when most of the competing brands produce an exponentially greater number of pistols. If HK sells 100 pistols in a
month and Glock sells 1000, and both have a 10% defect rate, Glock is always going to look worse while HKs defect rate will get
lost in the weeds. On the other hand I've had a metric shit ton of HKs and I had a total of ONE that "broke".... and even when it
broke, the gun still would have fired and cycled. (My USPc 40 sear spring broke, but it broke in such a way that it turned it into a DAO pistol,
lmao). I used to beat the snot out of them too.

Now if we were talking Smith.... someone definitely pissed in the well over there; hands down HK has better QC than they do but that's
not really that hard to pull off.

-Mike

Last edited:
Given that the regular trigger is a known quantity, why not buy the LEM version instead? I know some don't like that either, but I really enjoy it.

The LEM would suck a lot less if the reset wasn't so long.

I would say "**** all that" and buy a VP9 instead if you really want an HK. That's the only HK worth buying at the moment... well, unless you want a MK23 for the "jolly factor" LMAO.

I had a shitload of HKs and the only ones I miss are the MK23 and the P7M8. HK is retarded for not continuing to sell the P7M8, but I know why they canned it; it doesn't have mass market
appeal and can't be built cheaply with modern production processes.

-Mike

I have all my converted to "light" LEM and love it.

That being said, the VP9 striker hands down is the better trigger.

Given that the regular trigger is a known quantity, why not buy the LEM version instead? I know some don't like that either, but I really enjoy it.

I tried the LEM trigger. I wasn't that impressed. If I was going to carry mine, I would have changed it to be safety only and carried cocked and locked.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4027
Here is a good example of the reliability and Quality of a H&K. I have owned dozens of pistols of all manufacturers and many have been good. But there is something specific to the H&Ks that feels great in my hand and allows me to shoot them with better accuracy than the others. I will say that my my S&W pro series 1911 in .45 is a close second.

I have several USP's because they are tanks. I have a USP .45 that I have had going on 14 years and have used it allot had many thousands of rounds through it more then half of those suppressed and still runs like a champ.

My wife has a VP9. One of the glow dots popped out of the rear site. Just emailed them, got an RMA. No cost for the warranty repair.
When I decided to add a VP40 I went with the LEM/Night Sights version. No troubles yet. Well, other than that my son wants it when he soon gets his CCH. :D

Tough crowd. LOL. I'm easy. I like that it makes me feel like I have awesome shooting powers when I take my sweet time pulling the trigger.

Back when I had a USPc .40, I had a friend who was an ICE agent. At the time, he was issued a USPc .40 LEM. So we met at the range and I shot both guns side-by-side. So while I don't have a bunch of trigger time with the LEM, I have put rounds through it while comparing back-to-back with the Variant 1 (DA/SA with safety/decocker).

I don't have stats but anecdotally I will say that HKs out of the box failure rate is exceptionally low compared to other
brands- but that isn't the be all end all in selecting a firearm. Not to mention admittedly its difficult to gauge this
when most of the competing brands produce an exponentially greater number of pistols. If HK sells 100 pistols in a
month and Glock sells 1000, and both have a 10% defect rate, Glock is always going to look worse while HKs defect rate will get
lost in the weeds. On the other hand I've had a metric shit ton of HKs and I had a total of ONE that "broke".... and even when it
broke, the gun still would have fired and cycled. (My USPc 40 sear spring broke, but it broke in such a way that it turned it into a DAO pistol,
lmao). I used to beat the snot out of them too.

I hear you. My USPcs were fine out of the box. I didn't shoot them that much, but I never had a failure.

I have buggered a couple Glocks, but that was because I was goonsmithing them. As soon as I replaced the parts that I buggered, they worked fine. So I place the blame on my lack of gunsmithing skills, not on Glock. Fortunately, Glock action parts are dirt cheap and very easy to get from multiple sources (Brownells, Midway, and a bunch of Glock-specific vendors), so I didn't mind trying something out. If I bugger a connector or trigger bar, who cares? I can replace it in three days for just a few bucks.

In contrast, years back it took me a couple months and several phone calls to get a simple recoil spring out of HK for my USPc .45.

Back
Top Bottom