Is Gun ok at Home in MA without LTC?

In 2020, is a Gun in a home OK, when the resident does not have a LTC ( in the State of MA). Scenario is Dad wants to give Son ( Unlicensed) a Gun for his Home only. Some prior threads appear dated? I thought there might be a recent change on this?
Not according to Mass law.

Funny that I've had several people this week ask me the exact same question. Unfortunately no is the correct answer. But then again it all comes down to the question of whether your son wants to be carried by 6 or judged by 12. That would also include you Dad as you'd at the minimum loose your LTC and guns if the gun is tracked back to you.

Regardless of what SCotUS says MA doesn't recognize the fundamental right to posses in the home without a permit.

Think the state won't stomp on you? Look how far the Commonwealth went, sparing no expense, to try and grind a homeless woman that was a victim of prolonged domestic abuse in Caetano V. Massachusetts under their heel all the way up to SCotUS and then proceeded to ignore that unanimous ruling for years.

Possession of a gun in the home without an FID or LTC is a crime under MGL Chapter 269, Section 10(h).
Complaint Manual said:
269/10/G - FIREARM WITHOUT FID CARD, POSSESS c269 §10(h)(1) (Effective 3/30/06)

on [DATE OF OFFENSE:] did own, possess or transfer possession of a firearm, as defined in G.L. c.140, §121, rifle, shotgun or ammunition without complying with the requirements relating to firearm identification cards as provided for in G.L. c.140, §129C, in violation of G.L. c.269, §10(h)(1). (PENALTY: jail or house of correction not more than 2 years; or not more than $500; §10(e): item to be ordered forfeited.)

Modern gun? No
Black powder gun? Maybe
IIRC they don't consider black powder firearms the same as regular (modern cartridge) guns. Then again, I'm neither a lawyer or inmate in the PRM.

[rofl]
Only if you don't get caught. Welcome to the "people's republic of mass"

And just in case my "sarcasm" misses the mark. It is ILLEGAL to be in possession (in home or elsewhere) of a gun in MA without a license.

That is true, but having said that I rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

As far as I know, you can't even legally posses ammo in Mass without paperwork.

Edited to add "legally"
You cant even posess a spent brass casing without a license.

A shoulder thing that goes up is something we shouldn't even talk about.

Regardless of what SCotUS says MA doesn't recognize the fundamental right to posses in the home without a permit.

Think the state won't stomp on you? Look how far the Commonwealth went, sparing no expense, to try and grind a homeless woman that was a victim of prolonged domestic abuse in Caetano V. Massachusetts under their heel all the way up to SCotUS and then proceeded to ignore that unanimous ruling for years.
The punishment was for defending herself against the charges. If it was someone less principled, or a less dedicated public defender, it would have just disappeared into the sea of CWOFs that are used to both give the guilty a deal and preserve the ADAs win record when an innocent person is caught up in the system.

In 2020, is a Gun in a home OK, when the resident does not have a LTC ( in the State of MA). Scenario is Dad wants to give Son ( Unlicensed) a Gun for his Home only. Some prior threads appear dated? I thought there might be a recent change on this?
Are u the dad or the son? Someone with your NES name should know this...hmmmmm....Hi Maura!!!

Back
Top Bottom