Is Froglube as good as I've heard?

I've never sat down and thought, "You know, my guns simply don't run with inexpensive light oil or grease. I need something that costs 50x as much that I will apply in an elaborate seasoning ritual I read on the internet."

I love the stuff. The best part IMO is that it doesn't attract crud. Everything just wipes right off.

Yes it costs more than Mobil 1, but after putting $30-50 of ammo down range I'm not going to cry over $0.25 worth of cleaning product instead of $0.02 worth of product. It costs more to drive to the range than to clean my guns.

I love the stuff. The best part IMO is that it doesn't attract crud. Everything just wipes right off.

Yes it costs more than Mobil 1, but after putting $30-50 of ammo down range I'm not going to cry over $0.25 worth of cleaning product instead of $0.02 worth of product. It costs more to drive to the range than to clean my guns.

Do people still clean their guns!

I like it ,it don't bother my skin like some lunes do . It works pretty dam good for drilling and taping. Since I've started useing it on my guns I can't say its any worse then mpro oil. I used some on my psl I'm working on when I got the bolt carrier stuck when I was fitting it . After letting it sit for a few mins I could move the carrier freely .

I started using it the other day. So far so good, but I'll see how i feel about it in a few months. I will probably and up going the route of many others and go with Mobil 1 simply based on the price.

I took a course at SigSauer Academy last summer. They raved about FrogLube and as I recall it was the only C, L, or P that they had for sale in their store on the premises. I was using it before I went, so maybe 18 months now, and have been quite pleased. I have heard all the stories (shoddy marketing, etc) but focused on how and whether it got the job done and it did a very good job. It is not a petrochemical, doesn't bother skin, and has a mild mint smell to it that doesn't linger. I urge you to try it.

Seems to be legit stuff. I like the fact that its more natural as when your carrying, sometimes your firearm is right up against the skin. It seems to gunk up if stored for a bit, as well as gunk up a bit in the cold. Also its relatively new and therefore does not have a long record of success.

I feel like Ballistol is kind of the same idea as far as it being more natural but it gunks up less in the cold and has a 100 years of field use in Europe behind it. So I would just go with what is tried and true. Plus its cheaper.

I gave it up after using it for awhile.
On the positive side, it seems to lube well and makes cleaning-up rather trivial other than the bore.
On the negative side includes 1) the application ritual, 2) bore cleaning is not very effective.
Replacement (for me) is MPro-7 cleaner which foams a bit which makes it stick better to brushes and tw-25b/mc-2500 for lube.
-bob

The first application is a bit of a chore, to put it gently. So far the easiest time I've had with it was when I sat out on the front porch in the sun and brushed it onto the parts as they heated up. I kept denatured alcohol in a Blue Solo Cup with a toothbrush cleaned everything up first. I was surprised how BLACK some of my black rifle parts were. It looked like ink pouring off my brand new stripped upper. Once dry, I just brushed the paste version on, let it sit for an hour or so, wiped it off and put everything together. The hairdryer technique works just fine, but it's obviously slower and louder.

Haters gonna hate, but I like the stuff.

The first application is a bit of a chore, to put it gently. So far the easiest time I've had with it was when I sat out on the front porch in the sun and brushed it onto the parts as they heated up. I kept denatured alcohol in a Blue Solo Cup with a toothbrush cleaned everything up first. I was surprised how BLACK some of my black rifle parts were. It looked like ink pouring off my brand new stripped upper. Once dry, I just brushed the paste version on, let it sit for an hour or so, wiped it off and put everything together. The hairdryer technique works just fine, but it's obviously slower and louder.

Haters gonna hate, but I like the stuff.

Don't hate it just there are more efficient alternatives such as Hoppes 9

So for example..s&w model 27 front face of cylinder. Frog 0. Hoppes and bronze brush 1. I am sure other stuff works too under at least some circumstances. But I have never heard of a combo sleeping pill anti- migraine and antibiotic so universal miracle shite is probably not best at anything.

Back
Top Bottom