Is Froglube as good as I've heard?

Diller has it for sale in the blue press. Must be wicked awesome. Haven't tried it yet, I still have some toad oil left.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I use it on carry guns between range sessions because it doesn't attract lint. Not totally sold on it standing up to a 300-500 round afternoon, so before I go to the range, I use remoil. I do like the minty scent though....

It's nothing special. Costs a lot. I haven't noticed any better results and saw some rust on my 686 after using their solvent (which takes a shit ton more elbow grease to clean a bore vs. Hoppes.

Ive tried it.....I think its the same stuff as TC bore butter for muzzle loaders or similar. I will use up what I bought but, im not completely sold.

People love and hate it. I got slapped in the mouth for asking the same question haha. With people claiming it polished their guns, that means it does induce wear at a very fine rate. Up to the individual to figure out what they want to do with that info

In all seriousness, their sleazy marketing practices early on turned me off to it. (Probably forever.) Everyone needs to make a buck, just not mine.

I started using it on everything i own before ever trying anything else. The guys at Sig Academy were talking it up. I am still fairly new, so after taking a cpl classes at Sig I chose FL as my go to. I havent really used anything else, except on my shotgun. Not sure why I treat that differently, but I do. The gunsmith Eric at Windham Weaponry likes it. I dont have anything to compare it to, but I havent had any problems with it so far.

I started using it on everything i own before ever trying anything else. The guys at Sig Academy were talking it up. I am still fairly new, so after taking a cpl classes at Sig I chose FL as my go to. I havent really used anything else, except on my shotgun. Not sure why I treat that differently, but I do. The gunsmith Eric at Windham Weaponry likes it. I dont have anything to compare it to, but I havent had any problems with it so far.

Sorry to hear this about the guys at SIG and the folks at the gun shop. If you shoot long and often enough you will most likely come to realize that there is no "Super Lube". Just like those ads where they take the oil out of a car that has been treated with the automotive equivalent of super lube and then win the Baja 1000. It is all BS.

For about the last ten years I have been using synthetic motor oil (20w50 for centerfire and 5w50 for rimfire) and found that it works just as well as the more expensive "super" oils. Save your money; a quart of synthetic motor oil cost less than $10 and will last a very long time. Many of the "super" oils cost $10 for four oz.

Frog lube sucks when the temp gets below 40 or so. A buddy cleaned my 1911 with it in the Fall. When I went to use it in January the slide would not close fully on it's own. Frogs hibernate in the Winter.

Back
Top Bottom