• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is FN 5.7 available in Mass?

The pistols aren't "compliant" (although I know a couple of people
that have gotten them via FTF ) but some vendors are selling the
PS-90s (carbines) from what I hear, with 10 round mags of course. [frown]

I'd place a fair wager that a place like Zero Hour Arms
has the ammo in stock. It is probably absurdly expensive, though.

-Mike

I tried using search but no luck.

Anybody knows?

Thanks

Not only is it not available in MA, but the Boston City council voted to ban it (along with the S&W 500 and Barrett .50 BMG). However, I don't recall if the ban actually took effect or not (anyone have any update to that?).

Not only is it not available in MA, but the Boston City council voted to ban it (along with the S&W 500 and Barrett .50 BMG). However, I don't recall if the ban actually took effect or not (anyone have any update to that?).
really did they think that a gang banger would be running around with any of those. i would like to see one of them run with a Barrett and there pants around there ankles.

The pistols aren't "compliant" (although I know a couple of people
that have gotten them via FTF ) but some vendors are selling the
PS-90s (carbines) from what I hear, with 10 round mags of course. [frown]

I'd place a fair wager that a place like Zero Hour Arms
has the ammo in stock. It is probably absurdly expensive, though.

-Mike

Last I saw it was about $20 per 50 rounds [smile]

really did they think that a gang banger would be running around with any of those. i would like to see one of them run with a Barrett and there pants around there ankles.

They think you can hide a Barrett under a trench coat, and pocket carry a S&W500

Apparently so...

Council seeks to ban more firearms
The City Council yesterday unanimously passed a petition to ban certain ''cop killer" firearms and stiffen offender penalties. The legislation will add the FN Five-Seven, .50 cal. Smith & Wesson, and .50 cal. Barrett to the city's assault weapon's ban. Possession of illegal firearms also will now carry a minimum, mandatory one-year jail sentence under the legislation. Before it takes effect, the petition must be approved by the mayor and state lawmakers

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...006/04/06/slots_turn_up_lemons_in_house_vote/

I'm guessing it never got approved by the state legislature otherwise I think we would have heard more about it.

Handgun.

Are even LEO's allowed to buy one on department letterhead?

Thanks

This is a tricky situation.

If it is sold TO THE PD, no FET is charged. The PD can transfer title to an officer by FA-10, but if the Feds sniff that this was an end-run around paying FET, there will be hell to pay.

I bought my first service gun via letterhead, but back then life was simpler. My Chief ordered it from our police supply house, the order designated that it was specifically for me as an officer purchase. When it came in, they notified my Chief who notified me to go to the supplier and do the paperwork and pay for the gun (including FET and MA Sales Tax).

Today, that scheme wouldn't work, since the FN is not on the EOPS List and thus the dealer could not legally transfer it to the officer.

And ordering for the PD violates Fed Tax Law (and MA DOR on Sales Tax) if then sold/transfered to the officer.

Only clean way is for someone to buy in a private transaction LTC-LTC FTF.

Back
Top Bottom