Is everyone who listens to WAAF bald and limp?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That and Tom Steyer ads. Forgot the iPod once and I heard three Tom Steyer ads in about 35 minutes on the radio.
Those effing Tom Steyer ads!! Without fail, the start of one of those ads makes me scream obscenities at the audio and turn it off.

I guess the only saving grace here is each time I hear those ads, Tom Steyer loses a little bit more money.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I liked Greg Hill in the AM. now morning radio is a complete shitshow...
I have a 25 minute drive, which I now observe in silence
This.
The Morning Show was great radio and entertainment. Even my C&W loving wife listened and laughed. They moved everyone around and I tried to listen to it and it was painful. Tried to listen to Greg Hill on EEI thinking the fun would move with them... not.
I'm not interested in listening to jock talk and arm chair quarterbacks, pitchers and field position wanta bees.

For me it's Kuhner then bouncing around the dial till I get tired of pressing buttons then it's on to Pandora One.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Tom Steyer on Pandora.... talk about saturation advertising.

Cheap money to buy spots, all he is trying to do is buy "impressions" in hopes that if someone is polled they will remember his name and say it.

Trying for votes is secondary at this point.

In order to get on the debate stage, polling numbers are a big factor so he has to get himself out there...

For a guy that is worth north of a Billion dollars, and made it in hedge funds and by investing other peoples money in evil profit making corporations and taking a cut of it win or lose, he sure hates capitalism.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
and speaking of political candidate ads the FCC says radio and TV stations have accept them, and even at what rate they can charge.

So they will make a little money leading up to the NH primary and then Super Tuesday, with some of those political ads bumping boner pill spots out of the way.

But the rate per spot for bona fide candidates ( and the FCC spells out who is bona fide too) is the rate the lowest spot got charged in the same daypart ( different rates for spots depending on the show/time of day.... it is on what is called a rate card) so the stations can't gouge or do high demand pricing like they can for say a Super Bowl spot.

Section 73.1942 [47 CFR §73.1942] Candidate rates.

(a) Charges for use of stations. The charges, if any, made for the use of any broadcasting station by any person who is a legally qualified candidate for any public office in connection with his or her campaign for nomination for election, or election, to such office shall not exceed:

(1) During the 45 days preceding the date of a primary or primary runoff election and during the 60 days preceding the date of a general or special election in which such person is a candidate, the lowest unit charge of the station for the same class and amount of time for the same period.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That and Tom Steyer ads. Forgot the iPod once and I heard three Tom Steyer ads in about 35 minutes on the radio.
Holy f***... I usually listen to 98.5 or I have pandora on my phone, both are loaded with Steyer ads.
I’m about ready to buy music again and just load my phone with it.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
No ads on Pandora One.

Tom who? Oh that obnoxious guy spending tons of his own cash to try and stay relevant. Got it. Dem's hate DT because he's rich but Boomturd and Stalin are OK.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nobody, and I mean nobody listens to music on terrestrial radio anymore. Let me put it this way, my dad turned 77 yesterday and even he has an ipod... once you're off the commercial laden crap you won't go back.
Dunno about that. I've scrapped Sirius years ago to save $ and have been using iPods in the car forever. Eventually grew a little bored with the iPod thing and am trying to listen to live radio. LOL it's not easy as the content is mostly crap.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dunno about that. I've scrapped Sirius years ago to save $ and have been using iPods in the car forever. Eventually grew a little bored with the iPod thing and am trying to listen to live radio. LOL it's not easy as the content is mostly crap.
There's tons of cheap or nearly free streaming services, too. The only reason to even turn on an AM or FM radio is for talk stations, and they're even f***ing that up, too, somewhat. I listen to sports radio on and off (98.5) but I literally haven't tuned in a music station in over a decade.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This. WAAF has been absolute trash for years. Still unsure how that pompous prick Hillman still has a contract to be honest.
Probably the only thing that gets an audience of 100 people or more. What else can they do during that time?... play more 70s, 80, and 90, songs that have been played millions of times?

I only listen to podcasts now. They are free, they usually only have a few minutes of adds at the beginning and I can actually learn or laugh, or both, depending on the podcast.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Why? Just create a playlist with the same 20 songs the radio plays. Boom, same junk, no commercials. With the added benefit that when you get tired, you have millions of other songs you can choose.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those effing Tom Steyer ads!! Without fail, the start of one of those ads makes me scream obscenities at the audio and turn it off.

I guess the only saving grace here is each time I hear those ads, Tom Steyer loses a little bit more money.
Is Tom Steyr the one who ads essentially say "Donald Trump has done a great job on the economy, but I can do better by instilling policies that have chronically failed every other time and place they've been tried"?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is Tom Steyr the one who ads essentially say "Donald Trump has done a great job on the economy, but I can do better by instilling policies that have chronically failed every other time and place they've been tried"?
Those are them, although the ads are somehow suggesting the economy now is terrible. And I'm like dude what are you taking about. And how are you going to improve upon this by reversing Trump.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Why? Just create a playlist with the same 20 songs the radio plays. Boom, same junk, no commercials. With the added benefit that when you get tired, you have millions of other songs you can choose.
Just in case I hear something I don't already know about. [rofl] (A man can dream, no?)

What I'd really like is to have a high res player the size of the old iPod hard drive units (or smaller) that holds a 500 GB to 1 TB or larger library. I realize such animals exist but I'm not interested to pay $1200.

Incidentally, to me it seems that the quality of the iPod / Phone music signal output has been dumbed down over the years. One of the many reasons I went to Android.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I liked Greg Hill in the AM. now morning radio is a complete shitshow...
I have a 25 minute drive, which I now observe in silence
SiriusXM Patriot channel 125 6am-9am Breitbart news daily. I listen every morning on my travel weeks, it's good radio.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Just in case I hear something I don't already know about. [rofl] (A man can dream, no?)

What I'd really like is to have a high res player the size of the old iPod hard drive units (or smaller) that holds a 500 GB to 1 TB or larger library. I realize such animals exist but I'm not interested to pay $1200.

Incidentally, to me it seems that the quality of the iPod / Phone music signal output has been dumbed down over the years. One of the many reasons I went to Android.
I have a Sony NW-A40 and love the thing.... uses MicroSD card. 500GB? christ. I have a 128 in mine, have a shitload of content and its nowhere near full. Flac and all that stuff is mental masturbation, although it will handle it easily. Most of my shit is 256K fraunhofer CBR.

ETA: I used to store my music on a work iphone but I got sick of every IOS update f***ing corrupting one of my favorite EDM mixes, it kept breaking one of Armins tracks so it would fail halfway through... I got pissed and that was the last time I played a song on an iPhone ever.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No idea.
Went downhill after that O-Zone guy left and the mornings went to all talk.
I stopped listening to WAAF shortly after O-Zone left. Ozone went on to co-host a morning talk show with Peter Blute on an AM Boston station. I listened to that show every morning until O-Zone got fired for saying some 'controversial' things about the 'Snakbars. Last I heard he was trying to jumpt start his career on a station down in either Louisiana or Florida.

I've been listening to SiriusXM almost exclusively for the last 10-15 years. Have no regrets other than their sketchy pricing models. It's almost as bad as Comcast, need to keep on them every year when the subscription expires to keep the bill from getting out of control.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been listening to SiriusXM almost exclusively for the last 10-15 years. Have no regrets other than their sketchy pricing models. It's almost as bad as Comcast, need to keep on them every year when the subscription expires to keep the bill from getting out of control.
I had the trial when I bought the truck, but never subscribed. The signal dropouts were maddening. And I really didn't want/need yet another bill.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the past couple of years my car radio is off more than on. Way too many adds and needless babble from the hosts. The stations have figured out to advertise all at the same time so changing channels has no effect.

Last edited:

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The only sports radio I can tolerate is Toucher & Rich, the Zolak & Bertrand. Then it all goes downhill at a rapid pace.

The worst radio bit on the planet currently has to be the Adam Jones Dong Report. It's the lamest whitest preteen humor I've ever heard.

On the other hand... T&R Everyone's Angry in Brookline is brilliant

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The only sports radio I can tolerate is Toucher & Rich, the Zolak & Bertrand. Then it all goes downhill at a rapid pace.

The worst radio bit on the planet currently has to be the Adam Jones Dong Report. It's the lamest whitest preteen humor I've ever heard.

Toucher and Rich are the two biggest betas in New England. I'd love to do a charity fight 1 vs 2 against them. Rich at least knows he's a cuck, Fred on the other hand needs his block knocked off.

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Toucher and Rich are the two biggest betas in New England. I'd love to do a charity fight 1 vs 2 against them. Rich at least knows he's a cuck, Fred on the other hand needs his block knocked off.
I agree! I shut them off when they start being fgts. But some stuff is really funny. I'd fight Fred to his death.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I haven't listened to AAF since Harvey Warfield (The Supreme Allied Commander of the Rock and Roll Air Force) was doing mornings.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

This, although at night I love Scott Ferrall's show, but at this point its hard to even find that because of the syndication f***ups and 98.5 losing CBS sports radio as part of the ownership
changes, etc... although I think you can stream him.

-Mike

Top Bottom