Is Country Pond Currently Accepting New Members?

My wife is going to be getting her permit soon, so I think this would be a good opportunity to join a club. Country Pond is only about 10 minutes from my house in Merrimac. Though I wouldn't need it, I think this will be push me to get my out of state NH permit.

Could probably use a sponsor as well, if they are taking new members.

Thanks!

It's very close to us and seems like they have a lot going on. I did notice that the site says they're accepting new members, but other places say the same thing and you end up on a waiting list. I was more so asking if they're accepting immediately.

It's very close to us and seems like they have a lot going on. I did notice that the site says they're accepting new members, but other places say the same thing and you end up on a waiting list. I was more so asking if they're accepting immediately.
THey definitely are accepting new members. As far as getting a sponsor......attend some of the open to the public events.....there are PLENTY of those. Pin shoots, plate shoots, 22 rimfire plate shoots, CMP bolt action and semi auto, archery team, bulls eye center fire and 22 rim fire, trap is open Saturday afternoon and sunday mornings and is probably one of the more active trap ranges in the Merrimac valley. The membership there is VERY friendly and a great crowd to get to know.......and we like it that way.....always a no judgment zone at the events as long as you are safe. If you want to improve your scores at the events plenty of people will help you out.....if you have never shot trap just show up.......you'll have 10 guys offering for you to use their shotgun and the first round is FREE! Get to know a few of the members and just ask for a sponsor. Might take you a couple or three events but someone will help you out.......but you need to be at the events and get to know a couple of members because the sponsor's membership is "tied" to the new members for a year.....if the new member gets bounced for stupidity so is the sponsor who brought them in. I don't know that anyone has been bounced but the possibility is there so you have to get to know some members by going to the events. I can't sponsor anyone because I have only been a member for 1 year......have to be a member for two years to sponsor anyone. BTW.....CPFG is an amazing club! SO much going on there....events almost every weekend plus a couple nights during the week. The website is ALWAYS updated for event status........awesome stuff going on there!

Last edited:
THey definitely are accepting new members. As far as getting a sponsor......attend some of the open to the public events.....there are PLENTY of those. Pin shoots, plate shoots, 22 rimfire plate shoots, CMP bolt action and semi auto, archery team, bulls eye center fire and 22 rim fire, trap is open Saturday afternoon and sunday mornings and is probably one of the more active trap ranges in the Merrimac valley. The membership there is VERY friendly and a great crowd to get to know.......and we like it that way.....always a no judgment zone at the events as long as you are safe. If you want to improve your scores at the events plenty of people will help you out.....if you have never shot trap just show up.......you'll have 10 guys offering for you to use their shotgun and the first round is FREE! Get to know a few of the members and just ask for a sponsor. Might take you a couple or three events but someone will help you out.......but you need to be at the events and get to know a couple of members because the sponsor's membership is "tied" to the new members for a year.....if the new member gets bounced for stupidity so is the sponsor who brought them in. I don't know that anyone has been bounced but the possibility is there so you have to get to know some members by going to the events. I can't sponsor anyone because I have only been a member for 1 year......have to be a member for two years to sponsor anyone. BTW.....CPFG is an amazing club! SO much going on there....events almost every weekend plus a couple nights during the week. The website is ALWAYS updated for event status........awesome stuff going on there!

Great information, thank you!! I'll try to get out there next weekend.

Great information, thank you!! I'll try to get out there next weekend.

22 plate shoot starts there today at 10:00! Most fun you'll ever have with a 22!

Indoor pin shoot centerfire pistol this Thursday night at 7pm.

The only stuff going on next weekend is the usual trap sat afternoon and sunday morning.

Link to events schedule

http://cpfgc.com/coming.html

Thanks Piney. I did see that after taking a more thorough look at the website. I'm looking forward to coming in for a visit.

Looks like I can't make the pin shoot tonight so I'm going to go to the trap shoot on Saturday. Not sure how long I'll be able to stay though.

Looks like I can't make the pin shoot tonight so I'm going to go to the trap shoot on Saturday. Not sure how long I'll be able to stay though.
They start around 1230 or 1300. Just introduce yourself and ask them to explain trap to you. Someone will more than likely offer you to borrow a gun. Brin $6 or $7 for a box of shells to offer to someone. Be careful....its an adddiction.

They start around 1230 or 1300. Just introduce yourself and ask them to explain trap to you. Someone will more than likely offer you to borrow a gun. Brin $6 or $7 for a box of shells to offer to someone. Be careful....its an adddiction.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan.

Made it over for trap today at 1300 hours. Met a couple of guys, seemed like the older gents were a little more friendly/welcoming. I didn't end up shooting, which is fine as I didn't expect to do so. It was a great day to be outside, but as you can tell, I didn't stay too long.

I'm thinking the pin shoots or plate shoots may be more my speed. I'll be going back on Thursday to see if I can't meet some folks and maybe shoot some pins.

It's really hard to just show up to an event and try to 'make friends' literally knowing not one person.

I'm thinking the pin shoots or plate shoots may be more my speed. I'll be going back on Thursday to see if I can't meet some folks and maybe shoot some pins.
It's really hard to just show up to an event and try to 'make friends' literally knowing not one person.
I meant to go today and it totally slipped my mind. Lazy Saturday I suppose. Hopefully I'll remember to make the pin shoot.
Introduce yourselves when you get there. I'll be the one doing registration.

+1 This is a very friendly club with tons of activities open to the public. I'm not a member but I've been going to the outdoor pin shoots, and steel plate matches, with my son for the past couple years and we have a blast there. We're looking to get into the 3 gun events they'll be running later this year. You definitely can't go wrong joining here. I would if I lived closer.

Agreed! I live close enough that on a really quiet day my wife can just make out my shots with a big bore when i'm shooting outside. Great to have such an active club down the street.

Its also quite an amazing deal with the FFL options they offer. If you purchase one high end gun through their FFL at dealer cost plus 3% you can pay for your membership easily.

I didn't realize how close it is to my dog groomer until I went yesterday. It really seems perfect for me.

Already talked to the wife about her getting home from work early on Thursday so I'll definitely be there.

Just got back from the pin shoot. It was a blast (pun intended). Piney, nice meeting you and thanks!! I had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom