• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

is adding a hi cap mag to an sks illegal in maine ?

thats what i was told today while at one of the local gun shops. they had some yugo's and i was interested in buying one and i asked if they had any hi caps and she told me that its illegal to add one to the rifle. and then the guy said that the hi caps dont even work good. any truth to this ? i dont think so , but id like to hear from you guys , thanks

The rules about fixed magazines, domestic content and imported content are the fed's, not the state.

Last edited:
thats what i was told today while at one of the local gun shops. they had some yugo's and i was interested in buying one and i asked if they had any hi caps and she told me that its illegal to add one to the rifle. and then the guy said that the hi caps dont even work good. any truth to this ? i dont think so , but id like to hear from you guys , thanks
To legally replace the stock mag you would have to replace enough other parts to get it below 10 imported parts per fed rules. This site has a quick summary: Others are out there on the in-tar-net. And yes I've heard/read that hi-cap mags often do not work reliably on SKSs.

Back
Top Bottom