Is a PCC that uses a different mag than your pistol a dealbreaker?

That's cool and great and all that, but typically free state minded anyway, we put about 30 round mags in our PCC's so isn't much usefulness from conventional pistol to carbine (well sure unless you are one of those carrying a stendo in their Glock but I think most of us here aren't :) )

My G19 rides with a 15rd mag, and two 17rd on the belt. The Kel-Tec Sub2000 likes 30rd Happy Sticks. I’ve run a few 30rd mags through the G19, but that’s just silly!

The velocity of 5.56 makes many of its loads less likely to fly through a bunch of walls compared to 9mm. The 5.56(bullet dependent of course), is more likely to break apart. But any cartridge capable of killing someone is also capable of flying through a few dry wall sheets.

Also, you mentioned this:

That is very wrong. The permanent cavitation caused by rifle rounds at close self defense distances is vastly more likely to kill someone quicker than 9mm. The rifle cartridge is more likely to cause sudden hypovolemic shock. And it’s also less location dependent. For 9mm, you have very small targets for instantly putting the bad guy down. With a rifle, there’s more wiggle room. In fact, just having a rifle bullet pass in close proximity to the spine can cause temporary incapacitation. The pressure through the tissue/fluids during the temporary cavitation can travel through the subarachnoid space around the spinal cord and cause the spinal cord to smack against the vertabrae. Causing the bad guy to drop, even if not permanently. That can, of course happen with the temporary cavitation of a pistol cartridge too, but their temporary cavitation is much smaller.

Rifles are way easier to cause immediate incapacitation than pistol calibers at self defense distances.

That said, I do think PCCs have their merits in home defense. They are much quieter, even as you go down to the shorty short barrel lengths that are desired in some smaller homes (like those common in New England). People rarely balk at having a pistol in a nightstand for home defense. Yet you mention a PCC or braced pistol, and woah, all of a sudden the cartridge won’t stop someone?
The carbine increases velocity&energy of a pistol round . Here is my Marlin PCC, takes S&W mags, found these pre ban 20 roundersScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 10.32.31 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-30 at 12.41.28 PM.png

The op is

Is a PCC that uses a different mag than your pistol a dealbreaker?............................not​

"Is a PCC weaker than a rifle" we all know that is the case, however the ability to share ammo/magzines with your carry pistol and achieve better accuracy and ballistics is nice imo​

The op is

Is a PCC that uses a different mag than your pistol a dealbreaker?............................not​

"Is a PCC weaker than a rifle" we all know that is the case, however the ability to share ammo/magzines with your carry pistol and achieve better accuracy and ballistics is nice imo​

OKAY, why are we shouting?!

My post was in response to people talking about the efficacy differences between PCC and rifle for defensive uses in a home. Therefore, your reply to me about PCC velocities is directly related to PCC vs rifles in defensive situations.

Conversations naturally flow to connected topics, you know.

As I think about it, the more I'm coming to believe the answer is if you're buying a PCC and commonly available ones are able to use the same mags as your pistol, you may as well get the PCC in the config to share mags with your handgun.

For those looking for a 9 or 40, this is easy, you have options.

Now, if you have something less modern or that doesn't share mags with a PCC (think S&W 59xx series or Sig P365) then you really don't have a choice and you choose whatever you want.

That said, for my situation where I'm going to be reloading for all my 10mm, I want the ammo that shoots best in my pistol to shoot decently out of the carbine and if the carbine doesn't shoot the ammo for my pistol well, it's gone. Thus, I'm starting with Hi Point and if it shoots well, I'll keep it, if it doesn't, I'll get the TNW and between the two whichever shoots better is the one I keep and the one that doesn't is the one that goes.

With 9mm and .40 where most of us are shooting factory ammo (I don't waste my reloading time loading cheap calibers) that we have no control over from lot to lot, we pretty much will just accept whatever we get so long as it's reliable and not horribly inaccurate.

Picked up this S&W 915 to go with my Marlin Camp 9 Carbine.(They share the S&W 15 round mags and ammo .) Took it to the range today. it shoots a little left for me

Attachments

• 20210226_115647_HDR.jpg
    20210226_115647_HDR.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210226_122258_HDR.jpg
    20210226_122258_HDR.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 10.32.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 10.32.31 AM.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 1
it shoots a little left for me
I was gonna blame Coriolis effect,
but then I discovered a special diagnosis target.
D83-D34-C7-84-CB-4270-A600-5508330-A562-E.jpg

...... I'm stuck with the expensive and IMO unecessarily complex Kriss Vector,

You know what? Three times now I didn't buy a Vector because of the price. So I decided to build something instead. Every f***ing time I spent more than it would have cost to just by the Vector. Now that I'm thinking about another build.... I'm just going to buy a damn Vector and save some money! [laugh]

You know what? Three times now I didn't buy a Vector because of the price. So I decided to build something instead. Every f***ing time I spent more than it would have cost to just by the Vector. Now that I'm thinking about another build.... I'm just going to buy a damn Vector and save some money! [laugh]
What the hell are you building that costs more than a Kriss?

Back
Top Bottom