• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a cwof that shows dismissed, a federal disqualifier with Nics?

Just an update

Went to buy today, came back as pending. If all is well I can pickup Thursday.

I'm guessing the pending is because it's my very first gun purchase, and I just changed my drivers license from MA to New Hampshire today.

They told me at the shop, if it's a denial, it usually comes back as one right away.

Just as I expected, you got a delay. Enjoy your new gun after you get the call to come pick it up! [smile]

I have a CWOF for being a dumbass a few years back. Like stated above, I had to wait until the process and problem was resolved until I could make another purchase

I have a CWOF for being a dumbass a few years back. Like stated above, I had to wait until the process and problem was resolved until I could make another purchase

Mine was dismissed and resolved as a non conviction 10 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

did you obtain a copy of your cori ???
don't just assume. in mass it only costs $25-, i doubt it is much different in NH.
money well spent to know for certain...

Paid for my cori, before I initially made this post.

Thanks for your response. I got a 3 day delay when I went to purchase from NICS. My CWOF was dismissed and recorded as a non conviction. Have you been delayed since your CWOF was resolved, when you've ever gone out to purchase?

first firearm purchase has nothing to do with it

Really? Because I don't have any prohibitors. Spoke to the gun shop owner, and my father who was a saergent in the MA State Police, and they both told me the same thing, that it could be because it's my first firearm purchase. Although, I did change my driver's license from MA to NH, then after they issued my temp NH paper license, I went to buy the firearm the same day. Could that be a reason for the delay? This all happened Friday, I haven't heard anything discouraging today from anyone.

Really? Because I don't have any prohibitors. Spoke to the gun shop owner, and my father who was a saergent in the MA State Police, and they both told me the same thing, that it could be because it's my first firearm purchase. Although, I did change my driver's license from MA to NH, then after they issued my temp NH paper license, I went to buy the firearm the same day. Could that be a reason for the delay? This all happened Friday, I haven't heard anything discouraging today from anyone.

Yup I'm sure. No reason to be discouraged, but it has nothing to do with it being your first purchase.

Back
Top Bottom