• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a Curio & Relics license worth applying for?

I'm considering applying for a C+R license but I don't know if I really will become a collector or not. My friend got one just to get a 30% discount on misc. items from online stores. Is there anything else this would be good for?

Thanks Guys!
By the way, that looks like my cat. Is that my cat? How did he get to your house?
Just kidding, thanks.

If for nothing else, you get a copy of the C&R list and the gun laws to all 50 states sent whenever a new copy is published. That alone is worth the 10 bucks a year it costs.

I'm considering applying for a C+R license but I don't know if I really will become a collector or not. My friend got one just to get a 30% discount on misc. items from online stores. Is there anything else this would be good for?

If you have no intention of buying a qualifying firearm in the next three years, and don't want or don't need the discounts on related 'stuff' from Midway, Brownell's, etc., then, no. There is no reason for you to bother getting the C&R. If you frequently buy and sell firearms and often use the profits for something other than adding to your collection, then you should not get the C&R.

Otherwise, go for it. The very minor cost is returned quickly in discounts and perks. You do have to maintain a bound book.

One of the first times I used my C&R Dealer Discount at MidwayUSA, I saved over $200 on stuff...Needless to say, within days of getting my C&R, it was worth it.

Short answer is Yes. Long answer is Yes. Any questions?

Definitely worth the money. Besides the savings from online vendors. A SKS in very good condition for $160. How much is that at your local shop. I bought a CZ52 and 880 round of ammo for around $200, shoots great and it's just something different.

question for the C&R guys.

does anyone have a contact at the ATF or similar that I can talk to? I just want to know how far back I need to list residences. I recently graduated college so If I go the 7-10years like with a security clearance that requires PAGES.

Jon

question for the C&R guys.

does anyone have a contact at the ATF or similar that I can talk to? I just want to know how far back I need to list residences. I recently graduated college so If I go the 7-10years like with a security clearance that requires PAGES.

Jon

The application is absolutely nothing compared to the SF86. I wouldn't worry about it, they're concerned with your current address and identifying information mainly.

One of the first times I used my C&R Dealer Discount at MidwayUSA, I saved over $200 on stuff...Needless to say, within days of getting my C&R, it was worth it.

+1
My C&R has paid for itself many times over. I just renewed it for the 3rd time.

i got my forms! yes! looks like i'll take some time to fill them out.

ask for more than one - i asked to 2 and they sent me 2 [laugh]

Remember:
Once you receive your license DO NOT SIGN IT! Make about 50 - 60 copies, and put it away in a safe place. You'll need the copies to sign and send to the various businesses and individuals from whom you will be purchasing your collectable and historic firearms. Then once you hand one out, write across it with a Sharpie something like "File Copy for Acme Gun Shop". So it can't be used by someone else should it fall into the wrong hands

Last edited:
Remember:
Once you receive your license DO NOT SIGN IT! Make about 50 - 60 copies, and put it away in a safe place.

Or alternatively scan it into your computer, so you can easily print off and/or email copies. I've got two digital copies. One unsigned for printing, and one signed for emailing.

Got my forms in the mail today, too.

Thanks to those who posted the handy links!

Wonder if everything I wind up buying that I shouldn't will fit in the doghouse that I'm going to wind up in. [grin]

Got my forms in the mail today, too.

Thanks to those who posted the handy links!

Wonder if everything I wind up buying that I shouldn't will fit in the doghouse that I'm going to wind up in. [grin]

i've thought the same thing.... i'm probably going to hold off for a month or two to allow me to finish my projects.

Mine has probably cost me 2500$ in the past two years....

I just can't stop myself......

Are there any groups for this????

I belong to "ZHA-Zero Hour Anonymous". It meets every saturday at Zero Hour Arms. It doesn't seem to work very well since you typically walk out with something.

I've purchased all of ONE firearm with my C&R license (three if you could CMP purchases).

BUT I've saved hundreds on shopping at Midway, Brownells, etc.

Example: this is an order I placed Monday, scheduled to arrive from Midway on Thursday:

DPMS AR-15 Lower parts kit, $47.49, regular $56.99
Falcon Industries Ergo Sure Grip, $17.99, regular $24.49
Magpul Enhanced trigger guard, $12.39, regular $18.95
Knoxx SpecOps Stock (M590A1), $89.99, regular $109.99

Savings: $43.56

How much does a C&R license cost again???

Back
Top Bottom