Is 9-round mag on pump shotgun legal in Mass?

Someone always comes along and "reads" MGL and believes that understanding english means you can understand MGL. If only this were true...
If someone wants an aneurism, there is a pretty long discussion on this topic in the MA laws thread I believe. But most of us have gotten to the point where just don't give shit anymore, sans the very obvious stuff

... They also make shot shells for 22LR, 9mm, etc as "snake rounds". I think prosecution of the unloaded gun would be difficult. I think if it was loaded with 6 410 rounds they would have a case.
Dig this:

Our 1911's 8-round magazine, or our Mk III 22/45's 10-round magazine,
or our 10/22's 10-round magazine are only LCFDs if they accept >5 "shotgun shells".

Are there any shotguns chambered in .22LR or .45 ACP?
That is; smooth-bores with >18" barrels or >26" length over all.

If not, then those snake rounds are not shotgun shells
because they are made for handguns (and rifles).

idjft.jpg

Dig this:

Our 1911's 8-round magazine, or our Mk III 22/45's 10-round magazine,
or our 10/22's 10-round magazine are only LCFDs if they accept >5 "shotgun shells".

Are there any shotguns chambered in .22LR or .45 ACP?
That is; smooth-bores with >18" barrels or >26" length over all.

If not, then those snake rounds are not shotgun shells
because they are made for handguns (and rifles).

idjft.jpg
I honestly think this is just and example of unintended consequences of crappy laws being clear as mud.

I honestly think this is just and example of unintended consequences of crappy laws being clear as mud.

Thankfully as a result most DAs and prosecutors see the same garbage we do, from the state side, of course. And ironically I think a lot of times it works in our favor. Like I would give anything to be a fly on the wall in one of those offices, where the kopsch bring up a charge sheet or whatever they call it and it shows an S128A/B violation (failure to report transfer/register) on it and the DA is like "what evidence did you have to charge with this? oh its not in the database.... BFD. f*** that noise, find something else to charge him with" because if you read into both of those long enough there's a huge shit show just sitting there waiting in the laws. So most DAs end up sticking to shit thats 1000 times easier to prosecute. That's why you see some guy getting arrested and only the most basic charges end up really applying. Because they're easier to sell in court.

Thankfully as a result most DAs and prosecutors see the same garbage we do, from the state side, of course. And ironically I think a lot of times it works in our favor. Like I would give anything to be a fly on the wall in one of those offices, where the kopsch bring up a charge sheet or whatever they call it and it shows an S128A/B violation (failure to report transfer/register) on it and the DA is like "what evidence did you have to charge with this? oh its not in the database.... BFD. f*** that noise, find something else to charge him with" because if you read into both of those long enough there's a huge shit show just sitting there waiting in the laws. So most DAs end up sticking to shit thats 1000 times easier to prosecute. That's why you see some guy getting arrested and only the most basic charges end up really applying. Because they're easier to sell in court.
Kopsch confusing unregistered with failure to report/register which of course are not the same thing. 7+ ways to have a gun not in the database and you actually broke no law (as opposed to being unable to prove you broke a law).

You want to charge someone with possession of a handgun that is not registered, move to NY, DC or HI and be a cop there. Then its easier to trample on the inmates.

Kopsch confusing unregistered with failure to report/register which of course are not the same thing. 7+ ways to have a gun not in the database and you actually broke no law (as opposed to being unable to prove you broke a law).

Many years ago I wasted hours trying to find one case "example" etc that involved an S128A/B charge and got nowhere. The only time I have EVER heard of it was once Swatgig (RIP) brought it up here on the forum, he said he actually had a client that got charged with it, but was very limited on the details or the disposition of the case.

You want to charge someone with possession of a handgun that is not registered, move to NY, DC or HI and be a cop there. Then its easier to trample on the inmates.

Yes, those places are exponentially easier. I think Michigan was too at one time but I think eventually they either changed or ditched their handgun registration scheme, or possibly just removed the "compulsory" part of it.

Many years ago I wasted hours trying to find one case "example" etc that involved an S128A/B charge and got nowhere. The only time I have EVER heard of it was once Swatgig (RIP) brought it up here on the forum, he said he actually had a client that got charged with it, but was very limited on the details or the disposition of the case.
i wonder when folks run in a 3gun competitions in Mass now - do they attach extension tubes, or run as 5+1?

i wonder when folks run in a 3gun competitions in Mass now - do they attach extension tubes, or run as 5+1?
What? I’ve been running the “plug” in my shotgun all these years and I did not need one?!?!? No wonder my time/score sucks. 😎

Back
Top Bottom