• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Iron Rations

I remember reading a WW1 U.S. Army soldier who wrote that the Americans ate their emergency rations when they got hungry - which was all the time as our system of getting food to the men in the field was in bad shape. Most didn't have the emergency rations when they needed them upon charging the enemy and found them selves beyond our own lines. But - they knew that the Germans were disciplined and still had their emergency rations - which the doughboys took from bodies and prisoners, then ate.
More useful today is buying a bag or two of trail mix at the dollar store and keeping them under the car seats.

I remember reading a WW1 U.S. Army soldier who wrote that the Americans ate their emergency rations when they got hungry - which was all the time as our system of getting food to the men in the field was in bad shape. Most didn't have the emergency rations when they needed them upon charging the enemy and found them selves beyond our own lines. But - they knew that the Germans were disciplined and still had their emergency rations - which the doughboys took from bodies and prisoners, then ate.
More useful today is buying a bag or two of trail mix at the dollar store and keeping them under the car seats.
Until the squirrels get into your car.....

Oh thank God! From the title I thought the irons were next on the chopping block after the gas stoves. Stupid HE washer rings the clothes out too much and they need to be ironed.

Oh thank God! From the title I thought the irons were next on the chopping block after the gas stoves. Stupid HE washer rings the clothes out too much and they need to be ironed.
Guys really use irons? I haven’t ironed anything since my old BDUs back in the day.

Attachments

• 7887CD0E-82A3-4F8F-8B1A-F0E2C37E9767.jpeg
    7887CD0E-82A3-4F8F-8B1A-F0E2C37E9767.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom