Iran plot to assassinate Suadi ambassador foiled!

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think this is an issue between Saudi Arabia and Iran, let them two fight it out, with budget cuts coming to the D.O.D. and our military already stretched between Iraq and Afghanistan, can you really ask our boys to now go into Iran after 10 years of Iraq and Afghanistan. If we were directly attacked than yeah launch the B-2's and F-22s followed by the B-52s but this is not a legitimate excuse to go to war. The U.S. has domestic problems of our own and we need to focus on them.

Bill Nance

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Funny how everyone all the way to the top was fully briefed on this but they all play dumb with F&F. [puke]
Fast and Furious was briefed directly to Holder? I honestly doubt it. A memo that may have never been read by Holder personally? Sure. but not a briefing. It just wasn't that big an operation. the AG has plenty of work to do without getting briefed on every sting operation.

An international plot involving the Iranian Rev. Guards to kill a diplomat by blowing up a restaurant in DC? ? Yeah, no sh*t the AG and the president get briefed on it.

I think the F&F investigation has done about all the damage it's likely to unless they catch someone in a lie. The notion that we would launch a war to cover up for Holder is a joke. Seriously, Barry would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Fast and Furious was briefed directly to Holder? I honestly doubt it. A memo that may have never been read by Holder personally? Sure. but not a briefing. It just wasn't that big an operation. the AG has plenty of work to do without getting briefed on every sting operation.

An international plot involving the Iranian Rev. Guards to kill a diplomat by blowing up a restaurant in DC? ? Yeah, no sh*t the AG and the president get briefed on it.

I think the F&F investigation has done about all the damage it's likely to unless they catch someone in a lie. The notion that we would launch a war to cover up for Holder is a joke. Seriously, Barry would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.
I dont doubt it, F&F wasnt a small operation, this was handled by the ATF which is a division of the Justice Dept. Holder who is head of the justice Dept. is respondible for what happens within his organization. If he was nieve on this whole F&F thing than its clear he is incompetant at his job. He is the head law enforcement offical in this country and if he doesnt know whats going on inside the justice dept. then that is a legitimite excuse to fire him and get someone who understands the job.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
IMHO this is probably true but the hoopla is just for Holder Hero Time. Political misdirection because if all of the crap he stepped in over F&F.

Sent from my Droid

william_munny

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think this is an issue between Saudi Arabia and Iran, let them two fight it out, with budget cuts coming to the D.O.D. and our military already stretched between Iraq and Afghanistan, can you really ask our boys to now go into Iran after 10 years of Iraq and Afghanistan. If we were directly attacked than yeah launch the B-2's and F-22s followed by the B-52s but this is not a legitimate excuse to go to war. The U.S. has domestic problems of our own and we need to focus on them.
First of all, I'm not even 100% sure that this situation is real and all of the details are true.
But if everything is in fact what is being reported, then Iran was planning to take him out on US soil. In fact, one of the ideas was to take him out in a restaurant that he frequented. That would make it an attack on us as well, especially if it claimed American lives.

Bill Nance

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I dont doubt it, F&F wasnt a small operation, this was handled by the ATF which is a division of the Justice Dept. Holder who is head of the justice Dept. is respondible for what happens within his organization. If he was nieve on this whole F&F thing than its clear he is incompetant at his job. He is the head law enforcement offical in this country and if he doesnt know whats going on inside the justice dept. then that is a legitimite excuse to fire him and get someone who understands the job.
You are reading something I have never said: Specifically that Holder isn't responsible (ultimately at any rate) for F&F. Nor did I say I think Holder is doing a good job.

I said that I find it quite believable that he was never personally briefed on a relatively minor investigation by ATF, ONE of the several agencies he oversees. The AG is responsible for a TON of stuff. That he wouldn't be personally briefed on this case is entirely believable.

Whether he should lose his job over F&F? Only because I dislike him to start with.

If having something go seriously wrong in one investigation on the part of one of several agencies you are charged with overseeing is the level at which people should be losing jobs, all the Bush voters here need to answer for John Ashcroft, George Tenet, Donald Rumsfeld, "Brownie" and a host of others.

I'd like to see him gone because he's an anti-gun zealot. but I have the intellectual honesty to admit that's my bias. F&F was a cockup and anyone directly involved should lose their jobs. But I doubt seriously that Holder was one of those people.

Unless they uncover some lies I doubt he's going anywhere this term.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The ironic thing is how awful an assassination on U.S. soil would be (OBVIOUSLY IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE AND A REASON TO WIPE IRAN OFF THE MAP) but does anyone remember what we did yo AAA just a few weeks ago?

Yes, we staged an assassination on Yemeni soil. But any attack or potential attack on U.S. soil should be taken with all seriousness

joeendris

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A small lab with my roommate, Brain, in Central, M

....like Barry and Holder

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Top Bottom