Iran captures British oil tanker?

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trump is trying to starve them to death with sanctions and the Iranians are trying to bait the US into war because they think they can hold out in a conflict for a year with the expectation that a conflict will keep Trump from being re-elected.

We should let the UK deal with it and ONLY if a US ship is attacked, sink the Iranian navy. But absolutely do not commit ground forces or fly into their airspace beyond maybe cruise missiles to their naval infrastructure. Keep them isolated and defanged until they collapse from within.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Trump is trying to starve them to death with sanctions and the Iranians are trying to bait the US into war because they think they can hold out in a conflict for a year with the expectation that a conflict will keep Trump from being re-elected.

We should let the UK deal with it and ONLY if a US ship is attacked, sink the Iranian navy. But absolutely do not commit ground forces or fly into their airspace beyond maybe cruise missiles to their naval infrastructure. Keep them isolated and defanged until they collapse from within.
Why would they think war with Iran would keep Trump from getting reelected?

Agreed on the approach though.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
They've allegedly grabbed a couple of tankers now, a Liberian one and a British one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of a few mins ago, a THIRD ship has been observed decelerating and veering towards Iranian waters.

If the third vessel has been hijacked by Iran, watch oil spike $10 a barrel in aftermarket trading. Iran just delivered a gut punch and can you imagine if over the weekend during the hottest heat wave in years for the East coast if power were to go out like it did in Manhattan last week?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Because of our worthless media, most ppl don’t know how we are really putting the screws to Iran through sanctions. The strategy is working too. We just need to wait it out. If any US assets get attacked or captured, then game on navel style.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 tankers in 24 hrs, UAE, British-Swedish joint venture, and a Liberian one. Not even plausible deniability with proxies, all taken to Iranian Revolutionary Guard bases. Absolutely bizarre behavior on the Iranian's part. Unless they already have a nuke and want to ambush forces, but that still would result in them being obliterated in a counter-strike.

Maybe the regime knows it's about to collapse and wants to take the entire country with them in the whole crazy Mahdi 12th Imam belief prophecy, but from a rational standpoint this makes no sense. They are going to not only be sanctioned further into the ground, but likely have all their refineries and port infrastructure reduced to twisted metal.

Even if Putin or China is manipulating the regime to allow them to take over as a vassal state similar to Venezuela it makes no sense. They already have essentially that arrangement with port and oil facilities/exports without having to exert the expenditure for a military occupation force. This whole thing is weird.

Even trying to extort billions for hostages isn't going to work. They are already bleeding that economically each month and blew all the cash Obama gave them losing troops to ISIS in Syria & SA in Yemen.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to covertly arm a few tankers. I would love to watch a tanker crew splansh a few of these punks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Because of our worthless media, most ppl don’t know how we are really putting the screws to Iran through sanctions. The strategy is working too. We just need to wait it out. If any US assets get attacked or captured, then game on navel style.
Sanctions are working, it's only a matter of time before Iran collapses economically and socially. Put bluntly, Iran is using terror tactics, they're trying to scare the West into the possibility of an energy crisis thru skyrocketing prices and my fear is Iran was the actor for the NYC blackout last week and is going to do another one this weekend.

As usual tho, the enemy underestimates our resolve and if millions have their power cut during 100 degree temps for a whole weekend, that'll rally the people to not just war, but complete nuclear annihilation of the Iran. You don't take Americans air conditioning and cell phones without retaliation.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They need to covertly arm a few tankers. I would love to watch a tanker crew splansh a few of these punks.
i am pretty frickin' surprised the brits had not already done this to their tankers!

Well...lets see what the brits do. The EU needs that oil, not us. We have all the oil we need and more so....we are even exporting it and throttling back shale oil production due to low demand here.

I am with Robojax...let the brits and the EU sort this shit out. I am really tired of the USA going it alone...especially when we have zero skin in the game.

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Sanctions are working, it's only a matter of time before Iran collapses economically and socially. Put bluntly, Iran is using terror tactics, they're trying to scare the West into the possibility of an energy crisis thru skyrocketing prices and my fear is Iran was the actor for the NYC blackout last week and is going to do another one this weekend.

As usual tho, the enemy underestimates our resolve and if millions have their power cut during 100 degree temps for a whole weekend, that'll rally the people to not just war, but complete nuclear annihilation of the Iran. You don't take Americans air conditioning and cell phones without retaliation.
How can IRAN cause US energy blackouts at will? I don't get it? It's not like they have their own ON / OFF switch

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
More importantly, Jordon Levy is still alive? I thought he passed on years ago. Unless he's able to broadcast from the grave?
He's on the radio every week day. Not to sidetrack the thread, but of all the radio personalities out there, I really find him to be the one I align with most...ymmv. He's just a classy guy and he doesn't tow the line for anybody.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...that'll happen without U.S. involvement, for sure :\
It happened with Argentina, no reason it can't happen again, but I have a feeling any attack on UK forces would cause the UK to invoke NATO articles and the US would eventually be involved, but possibly with only air and sea forces.

I don't see Trump committing vast amounts of ground forces to the region, not when Iran is in possession of chemical, biological, and radiological weapons (possibly even low power nuclear weapons) and appears to have every intent on using them.

The mission parameters that have become clear the past month or two with Iran is some sort of "no fly zone" but more like a "no ship zone." Basically, whenever any of their vessels come within a certain distance of an oil tanker or other non-military maritime vessel that is not in distress, the Iranian ships will be sunk.

Same thing with their planes, they had a drone come within 1000 yards of a USN ship and the ship was forced to shoot it down.

If the Iranians don't like those rules... that's tough. There's absolutely no reason why any non-military vessel sailing in Int'l waters needs to be seized by Iran.

Top Bottom