IPSC Rules and Regulations...

A friend was selling holster and this is a Bianchi...

7000_m.jpg

I not so sure if this one will be approved under IDPA so, I was thinking if this one will be acceptable under IPSC. Or, if it is, isnt that most holster that are used under IPSC are quick draw holsters?

Or are there some divisions that require conventional holsters only? thanks.

That holster would be legal in IPSC. However, you would have to use the snap and strap. You could not start a course of fire with it undone.

Not everybody in IPSC/USPSA use race holsters.

Hamar said:
That holster would be legal in IPSC. However, you would have to use the snap and strap. You could not start a course of fire with it undone.

Not everybody in IPSC/USPSA use race holsters.

if this type of holster will be competing with speed holsters, think it will be in a disavantageous situtation, unless there is a division that would require only such holsters, isnt there any? [wink]

IPSC Rules

IPSC/USPSA has a production division which requires factory produced, non-scoped, non-compensated, non-single action from a holster mounted behind the hip center line.

There is no division which requires the use of a retention strap, however, such a strap must be used if present. If the holster allows removal of the retention strap entirely, the holster may be used without it.

Yes, there are different divisions to compete in. You would see somebody who may be shooting in the "production" division or maybe even Limited 10.

Re: IPSC Rules

Rob Boudrie said:
IPSC/USPSA has a production division which requires factory produced, non-scoped, non-compensated, non-single action from a holster mounted behind the hip center line.

There is no division which requires the use of a retention strap, however, such a strap must be used if present. If the holster allows removal of the retention strap entirely, the holster may be used without it.

sorry do you mean removable strap? I just dont want to miss this opportunity here... this bianchi holster and belt cost about $75.... and just selling it for $20 though used but I believe its a bargain if I could use it for competition as Im not an LEO. Thanks.

Holsers

Yes, I meant the removable strap.

Under the rules you are welcome to :

(a) Start with the strap fastened

(b) Start with the strap removed

You are not allowed to:

(c) Start with the strap attached but not fastened (though you may get away with it at a local club match).

Hamar said:
Yes, there are different divisions to compete in. You would see somebody who may be shooting in the "production" division or maybe even Limited 10.

Would there be a "conventional holster only" to go with the production pistol division?

Re: Holsers

Rob Boudrie said:
Yes, I meant the removable strap.

Under the rules you are welcome to :

(a) Start with the strap fastened

(b) Start with the strap removed

You are not allowed to:

(c) Start with the strap attached but not fastened (though you may get away with it at a local club match).

Understood... thanks.

Rules

The match at Harvard 2day (5 rifle stages, 1 shotgun stage, rifle to 300 yards) was a better place to hang around :)

Hamar said:
Hi Rob! I just found this forum. Looks like a nice place to hang around.

Hiram, Not too sure I follow that question...

My primary concern was for the holster [it being not a speed holster] which I was planning to buy. I am aware that there is a "production" or "stock" division where competitors basically use out of the box pistols and mostly are new to or not so new to the game. But under this division, are there any requirement when it comes to holsters? This holster, which is the subject here, is not a speed holster.

If under this division [stock or production] shooters can use speed holsters then I dont think that the holster which I am about to buy could compete fairly, if two shooters are of the same speed.

Second question would be, is there a division that will require only, under stock or production pistols, holsters that are not classified as competition or speed?

There are two "classes" or "divisions" that cannot use a Competition holster.

The Single stack division and the Production division. Both divisions have this same rule listed.

"Competition holsters are not allowed.

All retention devices must be used.

All holsters must cover the trigger when pistol is holstered."

Seems to me, there are better holster choices available to you that would fit within the rules and allow you a faster draw than the one that you have pictured.

Hamar said:
There are two "classes" or "divisions" that cannot use a Competition holster.

Seems to me, there are better holster choices available to you that would fit within the rules and allow you a faster draw than the one that you have pictured.

Thanks...

Was already planning to return it though... so I guess it would just make me let it go more easily...

BTW... this is IPSC, right? Just want to be sure.... I really have no idea about IPSC... just for now. [wink]

Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom