IPSC Match -- Springfield, MA at S&W -- Sunday -- 1/8

Anyone else planning on going?

I wonder if there will be a record number of revolver shooters. You ICORE guys might as well make a weekend of it.

I had planned on shooting both the ICORE and IPSC, But I might just shoot the ICORE.

MRA is having a great steel shoot on the 8th (my home club )
It is 25 pieces of falling steel ( just like PSA)
3 stages, I usually shoot 2 guns ($5) per gun limited and open

So anybody interested in a lot of fun come on down and join us

107 shooters showed up for this match! Lot's of bored shooters in the Northeast! Was squaded with some other shooters that I see at Manville, had a good time with old friends and hopefully some new ones.

Dan,
I definitely had a good time with you guys. It was probably my worst match ever but it was just what I needed. I'm looking forward to the next match.

I'll let Hamar take over in Limited at AFS though, I'm going back to the dot!

Steve, If your going back to the dot and leaving Limited to me, I'd gladly take your limited gun off your hands. I have $100 cash I can give you for it, seeing that it needs so much work.

I'm thinking it may need to be rebarreled. I heard it wasnt shooting where it was thought to be pointed most of the day. Thats ok..a little bit of work and I'm sure I could get that thing rocking on target by the 22nd...... [wink]

Hehehe..just kidding my friend................

Steve, I told you to look at that bumpy thing on the end of the slide. By the way, the dot should be used by middle age blind folks like myself. :D

No way, the barrel was fine. It is the bump on the front of the slide getting in the way.

The funny thing is Saturday morning I was sighting that thing in at 50 yards (fearing the worst) with great results and then I was mowing down rack after rack of plates. I was seeing the sights as good as ever, even got a little coaching from MJ. Then Sunday, the timer sounded, my focus went right past the front sight to the target and the shit hit the fan... 4 misses and 2 no-shoots on the first stage.

It is just one of those things that keeps me coming back for more.

All kidding aside, do you plan on going to the February match out there? I might be able to convince another old guy to show up.

So you actually go out and practice? I wish I had the time. My practice is stage one of any match I get to...LOL

Dan, are you saying that you pretty much didnt really need to go down range when he was done shooting?

You had to tape the two holes in the no-shoot!

The sight pictures from those last two shots are burned into my memory. Nothing was in focus at that point.

Steve, you think you can get Matt to show up next month? Or will he be at the scattergun range?
Hal says practice is the first stage....it's usually 2 or more for me. But, I'm just a lowly C class shooter. And I don't mean a Mercedes C class :D

I don't think he can make it out to S&W. I can't make it to S&W again either. However, we'll be at the AFS work party tomorrow and then the match.

Dan S said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure our paths will cross elsewhere this season.

Definitely, neither us of miss any of the matchs at Manville, Harvard, or Bass River. He can't go to S&W because of skeet league conflicts. My wife told me I have other plans Feb 5th (last Sunday's match tied me up from 6:30am till 4:30pm, so I can't blame her).

Time is one of the reasons I cant travel out to S&W too often. I'm lucky to be able to shoottwo matches a month during the summer. I am stoked about the AFS matches because they are alot closer to home for me.

I'll see you guys on the 22nd. This weekend, my better half is scheduled for work.

Back
Top Bottom