• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IPSC @ AFS in Attleboro

Stages

There are two ranges at AFS which are 22 ft wide at 75 feet deep. This will mean for some relatively long forward assault stages (ooops, I guess I'm supposed to call them "field courses" now), with limited angles since we can't use the cement walls as a backstop. Even so, there will be room for some angled shooting near the end as the backstop can take shots at any angle. We laso have plenty of room on the range for barricades, walls, etc.

We'll be running two courses on each range, for a total of four stages including one classifier.

AFS USPSA Matches

Thank you to all of thos who participated in yesterdays meeting. It was nice to be able to put a face with the names. I had a meeting this morning with the owners of AFS and they are excited about the shoots. I personally joined USPSA this morning via the web and all necessary paperwork was mailed for the club affiliation. I will now be waiting for the approval. Again, thank you all.
Matt Medeiros
AFS General Manager

Status

I just love dealing with people who do what they say they are going to, and do so quickly. (A surprisingly rare thing now days). Matt joined USPSA on-line the day of our meeting, and USPSA has already received the AFS club affiliation (club code NE19), and the club package (club manual, etc.) is shipping from Sedro-Woolley, WA today.

A couple of things:

- Matches will be limtied to 36 competitors. This can be adjusted as they gain experience, however, they need to limit participation to an amount their facility can accomodate without unreasonable delays.

- Pre-registration and pre-payment or credit card deposit ($20 match fee) will be required. AFS is not interested in charging people for a match they do not shoot, however, there is an excellent chances these matches will sell out. If you reserve a slot and "no show", it means someone else does not get to shoot. There will be no charge if you register and withdraw prior to the close of business at AFS on the Thursday before the match.

- We will have registraiton information available shortly. I have a request into the webmaster for www.uspsa-ne.org for a "club account" so the match schedule and registration information may be posted.

Rob, my schedule is good for all three dates that you posted. I will be there to help design, set up and take down the stages. Let us know what time you will need the workers there in the morning. I look forward to it.

Sign-up has begun!

There are only 36 spots and I bet it will fill up. They had 14 shooters signed up last I heard (Tuseday afternoon).

There are plently of experienced shooters coming so if you are a beginner, here's your chance to get an excellent start. If you need equipment, be sure to post or pm, someone always has stuff to lend.

It is $20 and you DON'T need a USPSA or AFS membership to shoot (although you'll want one once you are hooked).

Match

AFS is now taking signups. $20 pre-pay required (refundable if you cancel by the endo fthe Thursday before the match). They are using pre-pay since a "no show" will result in a shoot slot going unused.

Chances are it will fill up (they were up to 17 of 36 slots full by mid afternoon today), so the time to sign up is now.

I'd recommend 150 rounds (the match will be about 100 +/-), and an extra box for the live fire simlator (think of a room sized video game you use with your own gun). This is strictly optional, but I really think it will be worth doing.

Rob

".... the live fire simulator...."

I can see the headlines now:

TERRORIST TRAINING CENTER
VIDEO SIMS TEACH KILLERS!

Film at 11:00........ [roll]

hdgun said:
I found some very dirty .38 Super brass by the plate rack at East Warren and it leads me to think someone has secretly started practicing. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Hamar said:
Beginner, unclassified production..........
Beginner? You must mean your daughter is going to start. Now you can brass for her!

Nope, she's not ready. She cant rack the slide back on her own yet. She is all over the place with the muzzle when she tries. Not ready.

I may shoot production with her TZ75, the thing shoots like a dream!

Oh, you just have to get her something that runs with a very light spring and a slide racker... like an open gun.

So you're the beginner, yeah right. [wink]

Steve,
I do admit that I played the game a long time ago. It was the major shooting game I played for 14 years. I got tired of it, and took a long break, selling all my hi cap stuff, but retaining my Series 70 Gov't Model. I never put the time in that Hal did, I was busy working, and that was the priority, so, my classification was never very high. Actually, most of my limited class scores were shot with that 45, not a hi-cap 40 like I shoot now. I got back into it when I saw that some old friends are shooting again. I just come out and shoot a couple matches now and then to have some fun, and see some old friends.

Steve, dont let Dan fool you. I think the only reason he shoots a couple matches a month is because at his age, he keeps forgetting the combination to his gun safe. LOL

Steve,
I had let my membership go, however, when I wanted to get back into it, I found that I could have my old number. I know someone with a lower number, but I think his prefix is CA (charter, anual)

Your token revolver shooter for January is taken care of; match staff and "stuff" hauler Greg will be there, with moonclips on...

See you setup guys soon!

Back
Top Bottom