iPhone Shot timers

I was looking into getting a shot timer. Then someone pointed out that there are plenty of free ones for the iPhone.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are these units just wastes of money now?

I don't know a single competition shooter who uses them, probably for good reason. Pocket Pro or CED are the popular brands of real timers.

I have used an Android one simply called IPSC shot timer. It is ok but certainly not the quality of a real timer. It has a calibration button that you press and then fire a shot and it will set the sensitivity, I haven't had too many issues with false readings. Only use occasionally during a quick range visit

I would say spend the money and get a good timer......

I was hesitant to get one at first but I use it all of the time for practice and drills....

Cell Phone timers are fine for dry-fire par times and such... It can at least get you working within limits. The advice about an actual shot timer is spot on for any live fire training.

I have been wearing a Double Alpha watch daily for at least 6 months now, and giving it a good thrashing. It's still ticking.

The CED7000 is about the best personal use timer around. I have both a CED 8000 and 7000. I hardly ever bring the 8000 to the range anymore. The other timers are good, but the fact that the CED remembers your shot strings is a big plus.

The CED7000 is about the best personal use timer around. I have both a CED 8000 and 7000. I hardly ever bring the 8000 to the range anymore. The other timers are good, but the fact that the CED remembers your shot strings is a big plus.
Qft. This.

Sent from the Warlock Command Center

Does anyone know if new shot timer apps have been released since this thread was started? Seems like the most sensitive and sophisticated computer is something we all now carry everyday and I can’t believe a 2019 smartphone wouldn’t be better than a $125 shot timer. Am I crazy?

Does anyone know if new shot timer apps have been released since this thread was started? Seems like the most sensitive and sophisticated computer is something we all now carry everyday and I can’t believe a 2019 smartphone wouldn’t be better than a $125 shot timer. Am I crazy?

The one I've used in the past is called "Shot Timer" ... looking in the (Apple) app store now, it's called "Free Shot Timer" .. it only has 2 stars but it works for my purposes (at the time I was using it). It's free so maybe give it a go and see if you like it.

Back
Top Bottom