• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

iPhone 4 vs .50 Cal Barrett

So, he paid at least $200 and is now on the hook for another 24 months of AT&T bills (or he paid a non-subsidized price for the phone) and then destroyed it. I like shooting old computers but this is just stupid.

So, he paid at least $200 and is now on the hook for another 24 months of AT&T bills (or he paid a non-subsidized price for the phone) and then destroyed it. I like shooting old computers but this is just stupid.

As opposed to the guy who puts them through the blender?

The fact that he has pretty good super slow-mo equipment indicates that he probably has the budget for such an expenditure.

Last edited:
Not that he could have recovered the video, but he should have been recording video on the IPhone of the incoming shot. Ya never know.

As opposed to the guy who puts them through the blender?

The fact that he has pretty good super slow-mo equipment indicates that he probably has the budget for such an expenditure.

I never said the blender guy was smart.

As for the slow-mo, there are $400 digital cameras that will do that. Casio has a few.

I don't get it...

"I hate Apple so I am going to go buy a product of theirs so they get my money and make a video showing the world how much I hate Apple."

So Apple gets his money and adds one more unit to sales figures. I do not believe that these people making these videos to show how much they dislike Apple are rational thinkers. Apple doesn't care what you do with their phone after you buy it... as long as you don't jailbreak it that is haha.

Disclaimer: This post was written on a MacBook Pro.

That gives me an idea.

Lets replicate the experiment at the Gunpowderpig event.

I'll bring an iPhone.

Yes, I am serious!

I will bring an iPhone for the experiment.

Hmm... somewhere I have to ressurect the epic grade post I had drafted but never posted. All I remember is it involves an M82, an M1 garand, a machine gun of some sort, lots of ammo, a few hundred iphones, xylophones and toy pianos..... and a bulldozer (the original iphone commercial was awful...)

ETA: Part of the test was going to be able to see how many CCW badges I could blow through with a 50 BMG at once.....

It's all jamz's fault... [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it...

"I hate Apple so I am going to go buy a product of theirs so they get my money and make a video showing the world how much I hate Apple."

So Apple gets his money and adds one more unit to sales figures. I do not believe that these people making these videos to show how much they dislike Apple are rational thinkers. Apple doesn't care what you do with their phone after you buy it... as long as you don't jailbreak it that is haha.

Disclaimer: This post was written on a MacBook Pro.

I don't think they're trying to upset apple, rather, they like making apple fanbois cry. [grin]

-Mike

Not that he could have recovered the video, but he should have been recording video on the IPhone of the incoming shot. Ya never know.

+1, I do believe there is a bluetooth app where the footage could be remotly broadcast to another machine and recorded on that drive. That would have kicked ass.

If you want to see a bullet on a head on trajectory, there is a way to do it without sacrificing the camera. A mirror. You put a mirror at 45 degrees between the high speed camera and the bullet's trajectory (each perpendicular to the other) and all that you sacrifice is the mirror.

Back
Top Bottom