IPhone 11?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i keep hearing ad after ad on the radio touting the new Iphone 11.

But it does not have 5G. Every OTHER telephone commercial is touting 5G.

So all these people rushing to buy an IPhone 11 before Xmas....do they KNOW they do not get 5G?? the phone will be mostly worthless in 2 years.

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They'll come out with the 11S , or 11S+, or the IPhone Did you just assume my numerical designator? or 12 before 2 years hits.

So serious question- Not being in the know, is 5G really that big of a deal?

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
sticking a 5G radio in front of a 4G pipe offers little benefit IMO. I'm guessing most 5G rollouts are not upgrading backhaul to the towers especially away from the big cities.

The IP11 has an awesome camera and is a good upgrade for most.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when 5G gets universally lit up, it's not like they're going to immediately drop 4G support. Same as how the big 4 still support 3G right now despite 4G being the standard for the last 5 years or more (3G support will end very soon though).

I still don't seen an immediate need for 5G for smartphones. Sure, I'd probably love having an even faster connection, but as it stands, I can't think of a moment of when I've been frustrated by 4G speeds for the devices that I use 4G with. It's not like I'm transferring massive files or streaming 4k/8k to my phone. If anything, delays are more often on the website server end as opposed to the network or device's end. I could see if I worked on the road with a laptop wanting 5G, but I'm in no rush for 5G for my phone. Any time I do need a large file transfer, I hop on wifi anyway.

Salyeica

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rep at Verizon told me that the next generation of iPhone will be 5G compatible, but I don’t imagine that will be the 11S or XR or whatever. I’m figuring they’ll wait until the 12 to introduce that feature.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Rep at Verizon told me that the next generation of iPhone will be 5G compatible, but I don’t imagine that will be the 11S or XR or whatever. I’m figuring they’ll wait until the 12 to introduce that feature.
...so the -upgrade-every-year fanboys have another 1500 hit so they can have the latest/greatest.

it also shows that apple is much more about marketing than innovation or technology, because the camera and features on the pro/max/whatever misses the 7x price to value on the 7 that I bought as a refurb going on 2 years ago

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive got the X? I think. I saw the new Razr and was transported back to the simpler, happier time of the early 2000s. I also want to get this whilst watching Clerks and the Matrix.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The following links should be read.

It will be years before 5G gets a bigger footprint.

I'm going to try to keep my iPhone 6 until 5G phones come out. Late next year.

I can still do what I need on my 6.

I may need a new battery next year (I'm on my second now).

After the end of next year with a 5G iPhone, I should be set for the following 3 years.

If my 6 dies, I may want the "SE 2" which may be called the "9". It's a budget phone for $400 that is due out in the 1st half of next year - 2020.

I prefer to buy after major innovations, so I'm trying to wait another year for 5G.

In the mean time, I can not use iOS13. iOS12 is still supported though.

If you need a phone now, get the 11. It has exceptional battery life and not as expensive as the 11 Pro or 11 Max.

Get yourself a LifeProof Fre case and you'll be set for a long life.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are some cities where 5g is running right now. Not around here though

My concern, there are glaring reception dead zones in my town. Verizon is NOT fixing them, just dragging their feet. That is because the know they will be deploying 5G micro cells next year, and that will fix it. So if all you have us a 4g phone, that network will continue to deteriorate over time, with no financial incentive for the phone company to fix it.

If i needed a phone now, i would limp along for another six months, then upgrade

Top Bottom